Reviews for A Dramatic Reading
ossifrage chapter 2 . 1/15/2017
I'd think Minerva should do a quick duplication spell or something to get a copy of the book for her or Flitwick to work with, or at least the end of the book.
rytan451 chapter 2 . 1/15/2017
A second chapter so quickly? Good job.
Shandrakor chapter 1 . 1/15/2017
Decent so far certainly a new take on this trope. I will be following it to see where you go from here.
Gruffard chapter 1 . 1/15/2017
Interesting first chapter. Although Dolore's heavy hand felt off, even if it is the MO she tends to. Overall I like the chapter, and looking forward to more.
rytan451 chapter 1 . 1/15/2017
Well, this is the first I've seen of this type of story. I do hope to see more.
Liung Arkeanda chapter 1 . 1/15/2017
Hmm, it's a pity you we're more assertive, Professor.

Weren't?

I 100% agree with your assessment of the trope and I wish you luck in your own attempt at it.
ardvarkeating101 chapter 1 . 1/15/2017
Welp. I guess everyone's fucked.
crossoverftw chapter 1 . 1/15/2017
Not a bad first chapter even if i found her excuse to read it out loud pretty weak.
Really looking forward to their reactions on the the later books so please continue this
Uchiha Aimee chapter 1 . 1/15/2017
I haven't clicked a new story so fast before. Only you could make me do that, hehe. I've never read something with this concept before, because to be honest, it sounds like a cringe-fest. But so far, I've liked what I've been reading! Harry's comment about long arms was hilarious. I do like the minimal amount of quotes. So far so good!
Sultanbruno chapter 1 . 1/15/2017
HOLY MUMBO-JUMBO - this has the makings of an awesome and hilarious story, and I cannot wait to see where it goes! I am curious what might happen if Umbridge reads as far as Prisoner of Azkaban - probably a long way off, if it ever happens - and realizes all the impropriety committed by the Ministry in regards to Sirius Black. Godspeed.
That being said, I might argue with what you said about the entire "characters reading the books" genre being universally handled badly. There are some reasonably good stories like that out there - one I particularly like is dullstacks "A Little Light Reading", or would have liked better if it hadn't gone dead.
But truly, the way you seem to be handling this is to make the actual reading more of an afterthought, or a relevant background event, as the main action happens, and that, I guess, is something other fanfic writers haven't done. Kudos to you.
Publicola chapter 1 . 1/15/2017
This is *excellent*. I agree that any trope can be put to good use, and it looks for all the world as if you've done so. I'm really looking forward to future installments; this is already a contender to be listed as a 'Favorite'. Keep it up!
Dr8gn chapter 1 . 1/15/2017
ok not bad atr all
le jinnxy chapter 1 . 1/15/2017
Ooooh, nice start for a reading-of-the-books! I'm definitely looking forward to more.
countesscee chapter 1 . 1/15/2017
Very intriguing. As always, with all your other works, I look forward to reading more of this. Thank you for writing.
899 | « Prev Page 1 .. 50 57 58 59 60