Reviews for The Hand should speak with the King's voice
Maisie Malfoy chapter 1 . 1/18
You know, I vaguely remembered you saying one of your strangest ships was Tom/Amycus. So I quite literally set out to find it. :p
'when he murdered his mother' Is this a headcanon of yours? I remember seeing it in one of your other fics...
That might explain why Amycus's thoughts always get so morbid so fast...luckily, I adore such darkness.
I really think Tom could really have been Minister if he hadn't, you know, gone insane and lost his nose, so I liked seeing how he used his position.
Alecto being drunk and thinking of Fenrir? I mean, as much as I love it IT WAS NEVER MEANT TO BE ADORABLE. (But it works, so..whatever)
I don't even know how coherent this review really was, so I'll just tell you I liked it and this will be entering my favorites :)
Mycroft-mione chapter 1 . 2/27/2017
The brother and sister dynamic was strong with this one, as well as the really interesting formal tone of the piece. I feel that whenever we (HP writers) write a sort of uppercrust-y character, they get this one particular speech pattern and word choice that's super distinct. Not a criticism, I think it really works here, but it just occurred to me. :) enjoyed this fic!
DobbyRocksSocks chapter 1 . 2/27/2017
Ooh, this is interesting. I lovelovelove the ending, it's so powerful and strong and delicious! I like all the contrasts in the story, and I really love the way you wrote it. It's completely different and unique to anything I've read before and it's beautiful.
Very well done with this, love. S'gorgeous.
The Crownless Queen chapter 1 . 2/27/2017
'it was the same song his father had used for background music when he murdered his mother' - well, that's quite the cheery beginning, isn't it? :p I loved it though, it fits so well with the Carrows' characters, and the masquerade Ball scene is absolutely perfect for that too. I love the details of the masks, and the irony of Amycus saying he doesn't want to mingle with Tom because he only came to meet the Dark Lord just about killed me :p
Ugh, their entire interactions were just perfect! I can totally see Tom as Minister (let's be honest, he'd have made a magnificent politician before he went mad :p), but also the way he abandoned all of that the moment Amycus denied him something he wanted and said 'this is what you have to do to get it' was wonderfully in character and delightful to read, even if it was disturbing (considering the characters though, I'm really not surprised :p)
Lovely work!
Cheers :)
scrumptiousinternetllama chapter 1 . 2/26/2017
That was brilliant! I absolutely adored this one - the switching between Alecto's servitude and disobedience were really interesting to read and I really liked the ending with the Dark Lord fully unleashing his magic on the people in the ballroom because he wanted to give Alecto his Dark Lord back. There was a part at the beginning that had my mouth drop open in surprise when he was talking about the orchestra playing the song that his mother taught him to dance to - followed by the shock of his father murdering her. You're really brilliant at writing and I enjoyed the extra AlectoFenrir hints XD
Aldira chapter 1 . 2/21/2017
I like the interactions between Amycus and his sister, a very comfortable yet standoffish relationship. And even though he was reluctant to talk to Tom, he couldn't say no to Alecto.

There's a small mistake here: "'I know you avoid this type of gatherings'" should be "these types of gatherings" or "this type of gathering."

I am fascinated by how fast Amycus's thoughts can take a turn to the morbid, like his internal remarks on the music and how it was the song that he learned to dance to but also the song his father murdered his mother to.

Tom is really unhinged, teetering between sanity and insanity. And I like the little detail where Amycus said, "He was, insane or not, an intelligent man." Even though he is different from the Dark Lord, Tom as the Minister of Magic is still a parallel to his other self.

I don't know if it was intentional or not, but it's something that I really love. In the beginning, you mentioned Alecto unaware of being prey to a werewolf, and at the end, Amycus is the one prey to Tom. I absolutely adore that little parallel within the story! And the way you ended it was perfect as well :)