Reviews for Saudade
Lillywhite1 chapter 31 . 3/10
Thanks for writing this amazing story!
cullensrule chapter 32 . 2/12
The scene was poignant when it was in Edward's letter but from Rosalie's POV it was so muych more. Tears in my eyes as I try to type this. Loved it. Thank you.
cullensrule chapter 31 . 2/12
Loved your story. Thank you for sharing.
cullensrule chapter 30 . 2/12
So good
Renee Aubin chapter 32 . 2/11
Ha ha, re Edward being grossed out when Rosalie read romance novels: ‘She had a very good imagination.’

Damn right: ‘Bella had raised her eyebrows before she'd told him, with a completely straight face, that he owed a lot to those kinds of books.’

So sweet: ‘…how often he'd smiled since he'd found Bella, know she'd heard him laugh more in a week than almost an entire century.’

Wow: ‘He'd hugged [Rosalie] only once before, when she'd been in a panic over Emmett's body as he changed, holding her until she'd calmed down…’

Oh geez: ‘"Tell Edward-" Bella started but couldn't finish[ed], her eyes closing, her heart beat stuttering.’

Sniffle – Emmett’s love for Rosalie ‘was the truest thing she'd ever known, in either existence.’

Oh, and thank goodness she sees it this way: ‘"Em, I want you to know that if tomorrow, I found away to turn back, to be human, I wouldn't do it you couldn't be with me.’
I thought it was cruel that in canon she seemed ready to drop him in a minute if she could have been human. I was glad to see this resolution for Emmett and Rosalie as well as Edward and Bella.

Thank you for this lovely story! I hope you’re inspired to write another vampire story someday.
Renee Aubin chapter 31 . 2/11
Lovely epilogue. I especially liked that Bella was able to see her parents. Loved the story about the butterflies. Reminded me of a scene in the movie “Lion”.

Aww:’ "It's beautiful, isn't it?" he asked her, and she stopped twirling, knowing that he wasn't talking about the butterflies, that he was talking about their life and everything that led them to being on top of that mountain.’
I've had this story in "my read later" list for such a long time and I'm happy I finally read it! Thumbs up good story!
Giovanna chapter 1 . 2/10
Hey, a about the word Saudade, the description is incomplete. Saudade: noun, a feeling of longing, melancholy, nostalgia caused by the missing of something or a person;caused by missing of a time that no longer is going to come, happen. Is miss so much that it hurts.
Renee Aubin chapter 30 . 2/4
Wow that was a shock, that we jump from a lovely, yummy Christmas Eve to Bella mid-change!

Great idea, having Edward write his memories of the last few months for Bella to read when she wakes up. This gives us an Edward POV of some of those puzzling interactions, when he was giving her whiplash with his reactions, or outright pushing her away.

A nice detail: ‘…it's hard to stop looking at you to write this, to make sure that everything is going to be okay’.

I am disappointed that they didn’t get those months to travel together while she was human. (On the other hand, they did have the fun of the planning and anticipation.) And at least, unilke canon, they didn’t spend all that time arguing and plotting over whether she should be changed.

This is a particularly delightful memory, at the end of their meadow encounter, after he ruins it with his pronouncement that they shouldn’t be friends:
"You don't get to decide that for me, Dr Cullen.”
She was the one who walked away, and now he remembers:
‘I didn't realise until hours later, when I still stood in the spot that you'd left me in, that up until the night you said you'd marry me, that it was the best day of my existence.’

Sniffle, after the Port Angeles rescue:
‘I knew I was falling in love with you, that night in my car, when you told me about Chicago, about how much you'd been through. I fell in love with your strength in that car.
I fell in love with every other little part of you each night when we talked on the phone afterwards.’

Every version of Edward has trouble grasping this:
‘It took me too long to understand that you didn't see me as a vampire but as a man. You saw me as all that I am; a son, a brother, a doctor and a vampire.’

Awww: ‘You kissed me afterwards. The first time anyone had done so in this existence and Bella, nothing has ever felt more like home to me than that first kiss you gave did.’

A particularly lovely sentence: ‘…even now I can't find the words to tell you what that night meant to me, what your tattoo and your yes and your body meant to me.’

I loved that she wore the purple hiking boots at their wedding! And that Edward actually laughed out loud when he saw them. Also that Alice wasn’t allowed to demand months to put together the wedding of Alice’s dreams. This is as good a reason as any to pick a day to get married - one morning Bella wakes up and reveals,
‘"I had a dream that we were already married. I liked it," you whispered, like you were telling me a secret.’
I’m also enjoying that your Bella actually WANTS to be married to Edward. Canon Bella was an idiot about that.

Sweet, on the night of their wedding ‘I didn't take my eyes off of you the entire night, scared that if I looked away, I might find that everything in the past year had been some sort of dream.’

Interesting symbolism that it was a starving mountain lion (not a car wreck, etc.) that nearly ended Bella’s life. I liked the idea that despite her long-standing resistance to Bella becoming like them, Rosalie realizes what she would be denying her brother and Bella, and makes the choice to bite a human for the first time. Well said: ‘She loved us more than her hatred of this existence.’ Good thing she had the control to stop! It’s also very Bella to say she would understand if Rosalie couldn’t do it.

This was a well-designed chapter that moved the story quickly through some fairly predictable story beats in an original way.
Renee Aubin chapter 29 . 1/28
See, this is so frickin’ sensible, one would have to be willfully blind to miss this idea:
‘They'd spent so much time learning one another's bodies that he was almost certain they would be able to make love without risk soon and he knew that they were both eager for that night.’

Oh, I hadn’t thought that this would tip him off to her surprise:
"Are you okay? I can smell blood and…antiseptic cream.”
Hmm, it will be challenge to keep a tattoo in that location covered until Christmas!

I enjoyed his fascination with the knee socks, or rather the bare skin between socks and the next garment.

Hmm, can’t wait for some details about her actual bucket list item, somehow I doubt it’s only “sleeping” in front of the fire. … And just a little bit later, turns out my suspicions were correct!

Oh my! "I don't think there was ever going to be a version of me that didn't love you, Edward Cullen.”
But the words she selected for her tattoo are even better!

Nice: Bella had ‘never gotten used to the feeling of power his reaction to her naked body gave her.’

I was amazed that Edward didn’t even hesitate when she asked him to make love. Not a word!

Well said: ‘…the feeling of being full satisfying a craving she hadn't really known until then that she'd had.’

Wonderfully imagined first time for them.
Midnight Cougar chapter 32 . 1/27
Lovely outtake. I adored this story!
AllTheRage1983 chapter 32 . 1/24
Found through Twifanfictionrec. Just a really lovely little story. I especially enjoyed Bella’s endurance and the bit about Rosalie being the one to change Bella. Beautiful work!
S1203 chapter 31 . 1/23
Really beautiful story! Thank you for sharing!
danqat chapter 31 . 1/22
Lovely story - thanks so much. Looking forward to reading more of your work.
Renee Aubin chapter 28 . 1/22
I was so glad that even after Rosalie and Jasper arrived to get Jacob to back off, it was Bella rather than one of the vampires who told him to leave. She doesn’t just disappear into the “damsel in distress” role.

Good line: “Don’t tell me … that they're monsters. Not a one of them has ever hurt me the way that you have today, Jacob Black.”

Oh I’m glad Sue is uncomfortable seeing Bella’s bruises. And that Jacob ‘had been ordered by the Quileute elders to leave her alone after a very tense meeting with Carlisle and Edward...’ Better yet, the pack sided with E&B because Jacob hurt her.

Oh my, then even Charlie does his part to make sure Jacob gets the message!
Smile: ‘…Edward let out a dark chuckle, having seen whatever her father had done in his mind, something that made Charlie throw him a cocky grin.’
It’s fun to imagine that scene.

Yes, I can imagine how intrigued Emmett and Rosalie would be by a “human bucket list”.

I like their drama-free plan for her change – finish out the school year, travel for the summer, then head for Alaska. Gives them a few months to just relax and enjoy each other, too.

This made me laugh:
"Esme has a plant in the greenhouse. Emmett bought it as a joke and she hates letting anything die so it just sits there."
As a fellow gardener, virtually the same thing happened to me.

Oh God, the “munchies” might have convinced Bella she could eat all that, but she’s going to have a real food hangover in the morning. It was nice to see Edward relax enough to let her enjoy the experience.
2,698 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »