Reviews for Saudade
Renee Aubin chapter 27 . 1/17/2018
As accustomed as we all are to this universe, there’s something about the way you said this that really struck me: Bella and Charlie ‘were both sitting on the dock and she'd just told him that she wasn't going to stay human…’
Beyond anything else that a daughter might have to tell her father that he won’t want to hear – getting married, moving away, having a baby, sexual orientation … this one takes the cake.

You make a good point that this Bella has more reasons than canon Bella to want to change, with all the permanent effects of the high school van accident still causing her pain and weakness.

And of course Charlie said just the right things.

Thank goodness, this is so much better than canon, specifically about Bella’s car: ‘…Charlie had bought it for her and that she loved it and it had taken [Edward] one look at the seriousness of her expression for him to realise that it was a battle that he was not going to win.’ He reconizes a boundary when he sees one!

Aww, sad: ‘ She'd been crying a while, he realised.’

This makes all the difference:
"I'm going to miss them but with my Dad knowing and my Mom being content with phone calls and emails, I'll get to talk to them and after they're gone…I'm going to miss them, so much but I won't ever have to worry I wasted the time I had with them."

And this was always going to be true, she just realized it sooner than most of us: “ I guess it just sort of hit me today, that one day I'm going to have to live in a world without them."
Thank goodness Edward doesn’t have to feel responsible for that part.

Sweet thought at the end, journaling about her memories of Charlie so she doesn’t lose them.
Secretive Gal chapter 32 . 1/17/2018
It was so sweet and so much similar to cannon yet different. I loved it.
TwiTwiAgain chapter 7 . 1/13/2018
Ha! Bella has always been such a klutz, of course they would think she had an issue!
TwiTwiAgain chapter 5 . 1/13/2018
I’ve read a lot of Twi fic. I love this so far!
TwiTwiAgain chapter 3 . 1/13/2018
Love the explanation that Charlie romanticized his view of Renee.
TwiTwiAgain chapter 2 . 1/13/2018
:-)
TwiTwiAgain chapter 1 . 1/13/2018
I just LOVE this opening!
Renee Aubin chapter 26 . 1/11/2018
This is an extra treat for me, because I had read all the published chapters before I went back to the beginning to review, and everything from Ch. 25 on is new to me!

A cute moment when he wakes up a grumpy Bella – and makes it worse with teasing.

Ah, so Edward did quit his job because he found a place where he could help people who couldn’t otherwise afford good care. Good for him! I love Bella’s reaction:
‘Bella cut him off, pressing her mouth to his and then pulling away to look at him, her eyes filled with tears and her lips curved up into a smile.
"It's wonderful, Edward," she told him, her heart swelling at the passion in his voice and on his face. "You're such- you're such a good man and I know you don't always feel like you are and I am so honoured to be with you, to be your mate."’
That is absolutely lovely that he gets recognition for having a heart as big as Carlisle’s.

Also excellent:
"What did I do to deserve this?"
She gave him a watery smile. "You believed in this. Us"

Delightful: Edward ‘had decided with a light in his eyes he'd never possessed before, that he really enjoyed waking Bella up.’
I bet some days she loves that, and some days she doesn't!

What good advice, Rosalie, re which books Bella should choose:
“Classes are always better when a teacher is passionate about what they're teaching."

Oh yummy, the image of what they’d done since coming home from Charlie’s. I hope Bella wasn’t the only one who received ‘an immeasurable amount of pleasure’?

What a difference between this birthday party of Bella’s and the canon one. Well, thank goodness. A good time for the diamond heart to show up, and no pretense that it might be anything else.

It was nice too that Charlie asked Edward for advice about a gift. ‘It had made her smile and she knew that even though it made him uncomfortable, that her father would be willing to overlook his reservations about Edward because it was obvious how happy he made her.’
Now that’s a real dad.

And although your Bella isn’t as unhinged as canon Bella about her age, this worry makes sense on her 25th birthday:
‘She was eight years older than him now … she didn't know if she could survive watching herself wither away at his side, leaving him to live without her.
She wasn't sure if he could survive it either.’

Well-done conversation about it. Especially this:
"I want to change you. … If you'll let me," he whispered, moving his arm to pull her into his body so that they were eye to eye. "I thought I could but I can't…I can't watch you die."
Shiver.

Happy sigh.
BellaTesoro chapter 32 . 1/9/2018
It was refreshing to read a nice chapter with Rosalie.
Well I tried to leave my thanks along the way as reviews to thank you.
BellaTesoro chapter 31 . 1/9/2018
Nice ending.
BellaTesoro chapter 30 . 1/9/2018
Ok, the last chapter wasn't my favorite after all, this one is. Edward's letter for the win! His emotions felt real.
BellaTesoro chapter 29 . 1/9/2018
For me, this was the best chapter. And not just because it was their first or because it was a lemon, but rather I felt their connection in this one...Bella was a woman who was in love and wanted love in return and not the poor thing who was always getting hurt in life. And Edward wasn't the downer. Lovely scene.
BellaTesoro chapter 26 . 1/9/2018
Good to know they are both on the same page about changing her.
BellaTesoro chapter 25 . 1/9/2018
Nice way to ask Edward to move in with her...the mutual bookcase. And why did Edward quit his job I wonder.
BellaTesoro chapter 24 . 1/9/2018
I would have loved more details about Edward's birthday surprise. It sounded lovely, Bella wearing a dress from his time and decorating the backyard. Charlie certainly took the news of werewolves and vampires very well.
2,831 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »