Reviews for Whose Service is Perfect Freedom
wotumba1 chapter 2 . 2/2/2019
he deserves a happy ending :)
The Wayfaring Strangers chapter 2 . 10/7/2017
Ahhhh this story is so delightful! Hulagu is a wonderful character, and this story is so unique and creative.
awilliamsbbc.98 chapter 2 . 6/13/2017
This is beautifully done! I really enjoyed reading it!
sian22 chapter 1 . 6/12/2017
Beautifully done.. and a theme that if oft neglected in ff in general. I so enjoy your Aragorn as i do your OC... bravo
Scribe of Telcontar chapter 1 . 4/1/2017
This story is amazing! I like that you gave us a glimpse into the culture of the Easterlings. As followers of Sauron they are only always shown as the evil enemies, but it's unlikely that all of them were truly evil, just because they were born in that area. Hulagu shows that well. He is an interesting character and I was happy to read that it ended well for him. Though I suspected that already. Also, there is Aragorn incognito. I love Aragorn incognito. It was well down how you brought Hador and his family in. You did not spend too much time on them (since they aren't main characters), but still showed us how they and life in their family might be. I also really like your writing style in general.
I think the story is nearly like a fairy tale (with the happy ending and a King and all)- for grown Lord of the Ring fans; a perfect good-night-story for people like me XD Thank you for writing and sharing it. :.)
Virtuella chapter 1 . 3/4/2017
This is one of your best! Especially the earlier part, set in the East, is very compelling. I'm happy to see you turn your interest to another of the less explored regions of Middle-earth, after all the excellent work you did on Harad. It would be lovely to see Hulagu as a recurring character - you have cunningly dropped a hint that there might be some romance with the potter's pretty daughter. Actually, a story centered on pottery would be great! But that's just as an aside. This is a well-rounded story that doesn't need a sequel, and it flags up, as your stories so often do, questions of practical morality which are as relevant in the here and now as on Tolkien's world.
anthi35 chapter 1 . 1/18/2017
Wonderful as always.I especially enjoyed the contrast between the two oaths and the two masters as well.
Sophia the Scribe chapter 1 . 1/20/2017
This is a really good story! I liked the theme of binding and freedom that ran throughout, though I wish Hulagu could have see Alani and Qara before they left the city. Perhaps he will get to once again when the Treaty is forged :). Thanks for posting!
Blessings,
Sophia the Scribe
nyx thranduillon chapter 1 . 1/19/2017
This is another wonderful story from you. You manage to give your characters such life and solidity, even the OC's, and paint such vivid images with your descriptions. Hulagu's fear was almost palpable at the beginning and his journey towards that final oath of allegiance so very emotive that he was not the only one with tears in his eyes at the end.
Absolutely brilliant. :)
Dola chapter 1 . 1/18/2017
Thanks a lot for another anonymous Aragorn story...
sailor68 chapter 1 . 1/18/2017
Great story! Thank you!
Sincorah chapter 1 . 1/17/2017
This was awesome! Just the right mix of angst and hurt/comfort! Another excellent work, although I could hardly have expected less from you. I am a huge fan of all of your works, but this is probably one of my favorites.