Reviews for What Do You Want?
Rebell 01 chapter 14 . 5/5
WOW what a ugly picture. I had a bout of compession for Himura.
Iron454 chapter 35 . 5/1
Damn... this is really good and needs to continue
Rebell 01 chapter 3 . 4/20
Wow. Let me guess you are a professionell shrink with a Writing Hobby. This is really good!
Sly Dragneel chapter 6 . 3/22
If I were Ranma here I would have paralised Himura's legs to fuck with her, see how she plays voleyball then
SoThatHappened chapter 18 . 1/21
I want to start by just saying that this is good on both a craft and art level. The next paragraph or two could theoretically be read as critique, but I don't really mean them as such. You sent me on a feels trip I wasn't expecting, and in describing that experience, I mean to compliment you for managing to find this story and tell it, not to suggest that I resent said feels trip. As uncomfortable as it was, it was probably a healthy exorcism of childhood ghosts.

I haven't actually read to a point where I'm 100% certain you won't zig where I expect a zag and end up with a different angle, but at this point I'm fairly certain that Ranma is trans. If I'm wrong, well, you wrote a great internal monologue that felt uncomfortably familiar to me as a trans person. I'm fairly certain I'm not, though.

I wasn't exactly expecting to stumble across a psychoanalysis of my own relationship with gender as mediated by Ranma 1/2. I'm not even sure entirely how to phrase it, but there's something unsettling about seeing the show that gave me the tools to understand I was trans being deconstructed down to the incredible gender prescriptivism that lies at its base. Equally unsetting to see my own internalized transphobia reflected back at me in such a way that I can't deny the role Ranma had in inculcating that internalized transphobia. It's easy to remember my confusion with Canon Ranma's being upset over his "curse" (If they were real, the Chinese Amazons would either run a booming business selling access to that curse and its counterpart or they'd be run ragged trying to chase people off from it the moment anyone found out) than it is to confront the fact that every time Ranma beat himself up over that curse, he was also implicitly beating me up. You kind of cut the middleman out and just show Ranma beating herself up with the exact same things that I internalized.

I have no idea if you meant for this to be read this way. Maybe you just meant to have a dialog about the imposition of gender-roles at all and I'm just misreading you. But I have a hard time imagining someone who could describe the self-alienation of being trans so well not knowing what they were doing. So, yeah, thanks.

Also, I'm adopting Ranma and taking her away from her awful parents. None of us should have ever had to figure this out alone.
MissMadolche chapter 35 . 10/10/2021
This is probably the most interesting, most well-written, and longest fanfic I've ever read, so I sincerely hope you continue updating..
Sonkuragari chapter 35 . 9/12/2021
First off, I'd like to thank you for rekindling my faith in fanfics. This is very well written and draws the reader in. For example ordinarily I despise OC's however I absolutely adore Rin Ito and the way you made the characters believable and real with depth and isues while still somehow managing to keep them in character is awesome and top-notch. I very much wish to see this story continued. Having said that, I would like to point out that your warnings neglected to mention that this was a Ranma-CHAN fic and combined with the fact that it snuck up on the reader (even with the hints, which honestly just kinda made it slightly worse via buildup and anxiety for certain types of readers who don't care for Ranma-chan fics), was a rude and lousy thing to do.
oyobass chapter 32 . 9/13/2021
In TV series like Lost and Twin Peaks, I have always lost interest when things get really weird.

Due to the quality of the writing and the fact that the Ranma universe *is* pretty weird to start with, I can't wait to see where this goes!

Thanks for taking the time to develop and write this!
oyobass chapter 23 . 9/8/2021
Mind blowing character development. Writing of emotions and thoughts is brilliant. Even if harem fics aren't my jam, the writing is so good I'm in it til the end.
BTW, in my previous review, I meant to type "Rin is win," not "Run is win"! I'd love to see a side story that focuses more on her and her empath-like abilities, as well as development of her ki past just a killer spike.
oyobass chapter 19 . 9/7/2021
Run is win! I just love that character, it is fascinating to get to see how her mind works, can't wait to see where she pops up next!
Escritor solamente chapter 35 . 6/10/2021
If a boy has a chance to be a couple with Ranma, it is Ryoga
Shadowstorm-Vash chapter 35 . 4/1/2021
With all the stuff that Himura has done I’m very curious about what her final fate would be. Hope she dies. The Kuno siblings are becoming a fast favorite but Rin is still in the lead. Poor Shampoo is also a great character here I love how she constantly throws people off with how clever she really is. They seem to forget she’s an Amazon Matriarch’s heir. Sorry if previous reviews sounded negative you just really drew me in to sympathize either the characters and their plight against someone who seems untouchable.
Shadowstorm-Vash chapter 33 . 3/30/2021
Uuuu I’m so sick of Himura. Everything else is awesome but she does need to lose a few rounds instead of always having a counter to everything. How did she even get a sniper on the other elder? The elder is part of her plot against Ranma and in addition a Yakuza resource. Unless her allowance is really enough to buy a private hitman. She’s driving me up the walls. Yakuza or not I would have asked Shampoo or Kuh Lon to kill her at this point. Also Young Min is annoying as well, mostly due to trying to keep track multiple long term plot lines, but she is a distraction and unnecessary right now. The relationship stuff between the partners is still my favorite part of this fic, I really eat up all the fluff and slice of life stuff but the story hasn’t calmed down for a while. Either way this is the best Ranma fic I’ve read and I’m really excited for the upcoming chapters.
Shadowstorm-Vash chapter 25 . 3/23/2021
tsunderes Ranma fukken killed me! Died laughing
Beer is food chapter 1 . 3/18/2021
That Alien invasion from 50's was the one with the Aliens who were addicted to carpets.
The hop-allergy-Aliens invasion occurred in the early 60's.
Plz get your facts straight!
1,069 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »