Reviews for What Do You Want?
OnTheTidesOfEvermore chapter 32 . 4/1/2019
always glad to see an update, love the fic, can't wait for the next chapter, you had a few words that showed up twice in a row, Himuras pronoun is the same as Herbs
TheBraveGallade chapter 32 . 4/1/2019
You've gone off in a totally unexpected but totally nerima way for the umphteenth time. Which is amazing.

As for himura... I love to hate her. It's that simple.
hagancameron chapter 32 . 3/31/2019
i knew things with nodoka eas going to get dark , but damn thats twisted . great chapter
spicarus chapter 32 . 3/31/2019
Thanks for the update. Looking forward to the next.
Guest chapter 32 . 3/31/2019
I'm going to be honest, the last couple of chapters had elements and plot threads that I really didn't like. I love the overall idea of this story and the way you write dialogue, so I just thought it was something unfortunate, but kept reading regardless. This last chapter was a bit hard to read, but it let me know about where you were going with the whole idea and it let me come to terms with several things regarding the characterisation of the different characters which are only now starting to click. I loathed this Nodoka, but I understand her a lot more now, and I can accept her as she is. I look forward to seeing what develops further ahead. Thank you for writing this for us.
Guest chapter 32 . 3/31/2019
Interesting . . .
xbox432 chapter 32 . 3/31/2019
I'm still amazed that the little story that I found all those years ago, about Ranma accompanying Nabiki to the beach, has grown into what it is today. Thank you for all the entertainment. :D

That said. This is getting twisted and dark. REAL dark. I'm curious to see how you'll have all the plot threads progress in the coming chapters. And to see how all the characters will react to what has been happening.
reality deviant chapter 32 . 3/31/2019
IT was interesting to see how the plan imploded (and i do hope it did, even Himura's plan-she is a hatesink of a character).

that thing with the Scroll and Ranma changing explained was very much a twist-where did you came up with it from?

And what the hell, Happosai?
eagerly looking forward for new chapter.
flairina chapter 32 . 3/30/2019
And so it all comes to a head... I was a little unsure at the beginning if the scroll wasn't just another ploy of Himura's, but it's pretty clear by the end of the chapter exactly what went on. Hoo, so now there's this to deal with on top of everything else... Ranma's not going to be in the best of shape physically, mentally, or really any way when she finally wakes up, and the Amazons are heading to attack the Kuno mansion on top of that. This really is a mess.

That the training trip to China and Jusenkyo was just a ploy to grab potion ingredients honestly fits a little TOO well. If you try to imagine the (nonexistent) plan as presented in canon, it just comes off as foolish. Resolved like this... well, that's pretty horrifying. Nodoka's characterization here clashes a little with her canon self, but, well, it's not like that was ever particularly STRONG characterization, so it's not a big issue. Though it does concern me how many characters ended up showing their "crazy" and or bloodthirsty side in this one chapter (Nodoka, Young Min, Lo Shan and her group, etc); it feels a bit much, even if it makes sense at this point in the plot.

It isn't that Himura is a bad character, she's just not very fun to read because of the type of villain she is. She's the kind of villain who poses no physical threat, but the stuff she's doing behind the scenes and the type of person she's defined to be makes you want to wring her neck. So all her scenes plotting and scheming just tend to set one's teeth on edge, and it's especially frustrating since you know as a reader she's going to continue getting away with it for a good long while, as the stuff she's doing the main characters don't even know about. She's a good villain, but not really the enjoyable kind- the enjoyance only comes when everything finally comes crashing down around her.

Not much else to say, but I would like to comment that this continues to be extremely well plotted. Despite the web of issues being pretty dang complex at this point, I'm not having trouble following or remembering what's going on, which is not something I can say of many other fics this length when they update. As such, I applaud you. Waiting for the next chapter already.
Meck Viking chapter 32 . 3/30/2019
Damb... way to up the ante. And you confirmed something that was nagging me foe the last few chapters. Ranma was born a girl and how the curse was flipped so to speak. Bravo. Looking forward to the next installment.
Klimmatt chapter 32 . 3/30/2019
It's amazing to see everything coming to a head.
Jigoku no Yami chapter 32 . 3/30/2019
Well. This gets better and better. The revelations shattered the Saotome family.
Ranma is broken in a way that isn't healthy.
And I need more.
gippslander chapter 31 . 3/24/2019
Things are moving quickly and I'm behind In my reviewing.

I'll start by arguing that Himura and her conflict with Nabiki is vital to the story. Intelligent, callous and utterly self-serving, she is what Nabiki could have been had she not been able to actually care about others. Contrast Himura's discussion about how to manipulate loyalty with the scene where Ryoga gives his willing pledge of service-Why? Because Nabiki is vulnerable and needs help. if Himura had shown a similar degree of weakness Tan Pohn might have killed her on the spot, no matter how much she enjoyed the Tokyo fleshpots. We know from the manga that the martial artists can cope with powerful foes, but here they are up against an opponent of a kind they are not equipped to combat, but Nabiki can. Now it is her turn to be tested to the limit of her capabilities.

Cologne was suitably exasperated but not unkind. How her Great- granddaughter's various relationships are all supposed to work will be a revelation in itself (as with the others). I had to laugh at Ryoga's imagined fantasy. How typical of him that it would be a scene of contented domesticity. His lack of connection to modernity could make him a better possible amazon hubby than some others, curiously enough.

I was impressed with the handling of Akari and Anna. Ryoga too. Nobody had their feelings treated as unserious and inconsequential, everyone kept their dignity without being mollycoddled. Some moments of real pathos. It is something of a relief to know that they will not be in town when matters come to a head. I'm still hoping something good happens to Shinnosuke.

The horror of Konatsu's situation speaks for itself. On top of everything else, this is a person who valued both the male and female expressions of their personality. This has been stripped away to create what? A kunoichi loyal to Himura?

Before I go a few quick observations. A qualified ( I assume ) nurse like Reiko would be in her early to mid twenties at the youngest. Trying to pick up teenagers reveals some curious tastes.

I'd assumed the fangs were the remnant of some old Musk ancestry. Now that he is cured , does his mother have part of the demon still in her? I'm not sure how it works. If everyone survives reasonably unscathed, Mrs Hibiki might do well to have a good chat with Cologne about the peculiar circumstances her son is in, and a great many other things besides. They could get on well , in a way that either of them and Nodoka almost certainly wouldn't.

Speaking of which, I remain struck by your handling of Genma and Nodoka. For all the damage they have done to Ranma, they have inflicted as much on themselves. They come across as a pair of unhappy and desperate people, determined to make their own child carry their burdens and make up for the time they have lost.

Himura may be planning to break the Nerimite martial artists apart but they have an asset of which she is unaware- the Link. That, and their gradually forged bonds of mutual loyalty versus her brittle realm of manipulation and contempt. We'll see how it plays out.

FWIW, I'd urge you not to try to wind this up too soon. There is just so much going on and it all deserves proper resolution.

There is plenty I didn't comment on, but I am enjoying pretty much all of it and am looking forward to more.
Coengar2 chapter 31 . 3/15/2019
So i've been reading this story since the first chapter was posted long ago and i was interested in what i thought was a Ranma/Nabiki pairing. I like those kinds of stories. But then it started to drift into becoming a Harem story and i was ok with that because there was plenty of character development and the story was developing nicely as well. I'm even alright with the growing relationship between Ranma and Ryoga, a pairing i usually hate with a passion. Just a sign of a well developed story.

My beef with the story? Himura.
Most reviewers seem to hate her, me, i just don't care about her. My only interest in her is to see all her plans and schemes come crashing down around her. To me,Himura only added a few elements to the story to get it started and truthfully, i prefer the story when she's not in it. I tend to skim over her parts when they come up. You could just edit her right out of the story and to me it would still be a great story with everything else going on in it.
Zorknot chapter 30 . 3/12/2019
Good chapter! Always a pleasure reading a new installment of this fic.

Only possible negative is I really only barely remember what Himura is up to. She's kind of been in the background for a long time now. For good reason, and you'll probably clear things up before it's an actual problem, it's just my reaction to her this chapter was "Oh yeah, she's in this, she's like the antagonist right?" which is probably not what you were going for.

I liked the role reversals with Ryoga and his would-be girlfriends and you do a great job getting into the characters' heads. Wonderful character interactions.

Thanks for posting!