Reviews for What Do You Want?
Xelan chapter 8 . 9/3/2020
Very enjoyable. Don't think I didn't notice the Sumire Karaage Roll. Shokugeki no Soma indeed.
BiGDeal chapter 35 . 8/13/2020
Nibiki is getting pulled every which way and so is everyone else. Please post again soon!
clockright chapter 26 . 8/7/2020
I love your story it's sombre though, and I feel this heavy weight of depression when I read the interactions with Ranma and Ryouga. It's probably coming from their characters, though a good author can convey a certain amount of empathy into their story for the reader to feel.

In this one Genma and Nadoka have been the worst kind of parents to their daughter, while using psychological abandonment and building a stockholm syndrome in Ranma. That's not quite all there is to it for her, because Genma's forcing her to wear the bindings and go to an all boys school.

If someone had found out that Ranma was actually a girl it would have been devestating to her, because she could had been raped or worse. I haven't read the whole chapter yet, but Ryouga must have subconsciously created the anchor to her knowing she was a girl.

He probably saw her red hair after the shower falling in love with her, even though his conscious couldn't process that he fell in love with her. Therefore his rational brain had to keep the image of Ranma being a boy for his own sanity, and therefore latched onto the rival aspect versus a possible love interest.

Which can account for the fact Ranma always fools him with the dressing up, while Ranma also fell in love with him and wants just a little piece of happiness for herself. For them both they are small candles that lead the other out of darkness, but right now they are denying that light to their own hearts.

Thank-you for writing this story clockright.
GeshronTyler chapter 35 . 8/5/2020
Very glad to see this being continued. This part of the story has been hard to read, with Himura being ascendent for the moment, and the "Wrecking Crew" on the back foot.

I'm not that happy with how dark the tone of the story has gotten, since even a "good ending" is bound to leave scars on several people, but I'm fairly confident that the Wrecking Crew will manage to work for their happy end.

Looking forward to Himura and her "Away Team" (probably) getting stomped, hopefully in the next chapter.

Also hoping Ranma manages to work through her skill and gender block fairly soon. I have a feeling that what Himura did to Konatsu is going to REALLY piss her off, since what was done to him is quite similar to what Genma did to Ranma at Jusenkyou.
clockright chapter 15 . 7/31/2020
I would like to say that your story is quite well written, and i'm a fan of all the possible relationships. I do not favor one match over another with Ranma romantically speaking, because I think when done right they are all equally enthralling.

Nabiki and her younger sister Akane might as well be polar opposites, because they are likened as fire to ice which truthfully runs the emotional spectrum. They compliment one another which can be a good thing, but they also run contradictory to each other.

The other three girls run the length in between the two Tendou girls as Ukyou has the pretty boy looks, Shampoo has an unparalleled exotic beauty to her, and even Kodachi has a raw magnetism that can be complimentary to the others.

I did pick up on the subtle hints that you threw out about Ranma's birth gender, and Genma being a little softer on her in those small moments. The hair dye was quite indicative of this little hint even if you haven't revealed anything else yet.

I would say that the only part that was truly Ranma's decision is the part that she's falling in love with Ryoga, because he's not pressuring her to decide one way or another. In this story he's the only one not making demands of her, and Nabiki has made a couple small demands herself.
Klimmatt chapter 35 . 7/29/2020
Always great to see more of this. I always love the way you write the character interactions between, well, everyone.
rjkeith chapter 35 . 7/24/2020
My god man can this group catch a freaking break! At this point I really want Himura to go to jail and lose absolutely everything. I also hope that Ranma finally gets to the point were he would just say fuck no to that agreement that she had with Himura cause yeaaah I wouldn't trust that bitch with a glass of water. I really hope that the next chapter has our gang in more of a upswing. Though I'm curios about something. Where the heck is Happy during all of these events? Mostly because in all likely hood Genma probably got that scroll from Happy's stuff. That and I'm curious about what he would think about this whole mess. Though it pretty much a constant shift when comes to how Happy depicted in these stories. Though considering how he help out our chi stealing teacher I don't think he would be to happy with Genma about what he done. Though that all depends on what type of Happy you would have him be.
Fenixphlame chapter 35 . 7/23/2020
YAY! you're back! I'm so happy to see this continue. if I don't see Himura taken down I will be forever sad
Guest chapter 35 . 7/20/2020
IT'S ALIVE!
The Keeper of Worlds chapter 35 . 7/22/2020
Well damn, things are really getting messy and twisted now. Himura is SICK!
Zorknot chapter 35 . 7/21/2020
Excellent work.

Sayuri's talk with Nabiki after the humiliation pep rally was incredibly moving. I think my favorite part though was the Kasumi Nabiki tea scene toward the end.

My least favorite parts are the ones that follow Himura, mostly because she's just an ugly person. I guess kudos on making her detestable, but I keep wanting to skip her sections and I have to make myself read because there's important stuff happening there.

I really like how you've given all the characters, even Himura, interesting puzzles to solve. So many ways this could go. Can't wait to see what you come up with next.

Thanks for posting!
ssfr chapter 35 . 7/21/2020
Yay!

The plot thickens, just a few bits get a little more settled, and a random mook becomes our first on-camera fatality . . . I think.

Thank you, looking forward to more!
Lukkai chapter 35 . 7/21/2020
This is starting to decidedly sound like endgame. Well, the beginning of, anyway.

And Himura is trying to stage a little coup against her grandfather, I take it? Of course going by the exact rules he gave for the competition between her and Nabiki, that would be the only way for her to actually inherit leadership by now. That or using either formula 411 or fatal measures against both her grandfather and any higher ups or capable agents in the organisation that are in the know.

I do wonder (and looking forward to) Nabiki's plans in motion at this point though. It did sound as if she's not just thinking outside the box but turned the box into a plane and flew it to distant lands. Should be interesting to see what she came up with.

Also wonder about how much this meeting made Konatsu think about what she'd been programmed with. These were not dealings of a noble family after all, but very obviously of the yakuza-sort. Which goes against Konatsu's interpretation of what she's been fed during the brainwashing.
Also wonder what would happen if Konatsu's other friend... forget her name just now, sorry... were to be confronted with what Konatsu's been forced into doing now. Especially considering her whole motivation was to get Konatsu OUT from under the slavemaster-like thumb of someone. And now obviously got her INTO that situation instead.
hagancameron chapter 35 . 7/20/2020
great update! loving the drama. take the time you need to get your stuff in order, we will be here.
The Prophet Of Lies chapter 35 . 7/20/2020
There is nothing like getting an update to your most anticipated stories while you can't sleep at night. I can't wait to see more and reread the entire thing when it's over
1,064 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »