Reviews for Through Her Eyes
Starburst2879 chapter 16 . 3/20/2018
Oh my god...I don't know how to continue with life. This is possibly everything I have ever wanted, but I was crying the entire time. You are such a fantastic writer! Like, go publish a physical book after this is over. Plz. I am counting the days till you update again. Thank you. K, Bye!
Danget the critic chapter 16 . 3/20/2018
Ok, I wanted to hang my head against the wall, because while they are the "good guys" letting Roman not only survive but get away is amazingly horrible. Not that I am truly sad about how everything want but honestly their should have been way more kicking Roman while he was down.
Also, how the hell did Ozpin not know what was going on; was he just that busy? I feel like he would make way more of an effort to keep an eye on Ruby.
I also believe Ozpin would at least let the students get some sleep before debrief. Considering how much Ruby's condition is driven by emotions, I feel like he wouldn't chance a relapse instead of waiting a few hours. (At least after a general statement was made about what happened.)
anthonym3 chapter 16 . 3/20/2018
Ohhh that was a good chapter. Angsty fighting and an emotional nova! Woooo. These were the Grimm powers I wanted to see when I started reading this story months ago. OP rage monster DELIVERED. And I can't wait to see how RWBY deals with all of it.
BraveWolf13 chapter 16 . 3/20/2018
Words cannot express the awesomeness that is this chapter and goddamn if Ruby was even more skilled she could very well be THE grim reaper
Oracle-sama chapter 16 . 3/20/2018
Another great chapter. I can't really find a problem with this. Other than the fight at the end dragging a little, but you were clearly fleshing out everyone's thoughts and it was all well-written. Also Velli makes me think. Is Illia going to make an appearance in this story? Or will Velli have a reappearance?
SentenRainen chapter 16 . 3/20/2018
I love you I love this fi ooh my god this thing is IN FUCKING CREDIBLE!
Mossblomma chapter 16 . 3/20/2018
Holy shit that was amazing on so many levels, I had been hoping to see Ruby go a little berserk but was dreading it all the same, good to see that she can still be in control of herself enough to not kill anyone, that must be incredibly hard. I was actually getting a bit scared for Blake there for a second, but it looks like she'll pull through, although I have no idea how this is gonna go over...
Myrrn chapter 16 . 3/20/2018
My one reservation was that for a girl who can summon endless amounts of Grimm, Ruby didn't see to be that strong. But boy, did you put that to rest in the most spectacular fashion. A remarkable chapter.
anand891996 chapter 16 . 3/20/2018
Firstly, I have to say, the length of your chapters is AWESOME. It took me an hour and a half to get through, and what a glorious time it was.
So much epicness. So much darkness. And Penny, OMG, you really nailed her character and inner conflict so well!
I really love the sheer immersion into every character's life that this story gives, with so many characters that too. And the chapter length makes it so worth the month long wait. Awesome stuff. This is one of the stories whose updates I most look forward to, and I will be patiently waiting for the next. Please, whatever you do, keep the depth of the story as it is.
Guest chapter 16 . 3/20/2018
The notification for this chapter made me realize I had spent far too long reading and re-reading chapter 15 that I never got around to reviewing it. Now that this chapter is out, I've spent the last few hours glued to a screen reading every word and you have struck me speechless. If I could review in a series of incomprehensible screams, grunts and sounds of mental overload, I would. I'll try to collect something resembling thoughts while I come off of this reader's high.

You, this these chapters, and this full story has taken me and my mind places few pieces of media ever have.
The way you handle Penny and her processing and directives - the amount of growth you have shown in her personality through such a narrow frame of events.
The back and forth anguish of Blake looking back on her actions, the consequences of such, acting while knowing her opponents by name, and the overarching weight of knowledge as everything comes down around her.
Weiss falling back on prepared statements on Faunus treatment and deep seated need of planning and strategy (And one interestingly detailed, if not simple, call out of a conveniently applicable fable) showing her upbringing while illustrating her immense strength.
Yang both overwhelmed with her animalistic response to the dangers towards her sister, as well as a blunt and honest recognition of her coping habit of lashing out, all amassing into her attempt to bring Ruby back that honestly fails (Due to the actions of another, given, but how will that sit in her mind once the dust clears and she is left with only her memories about her?).
Jaune truly carrying the role of a leader while learning of his place far more dangerous world of hunters and Aura wielders.
Pyrrha and the entire demonstration of the difference between Grimm-combat trained fighters against Human-combat trained fighters, coupled with that deep seated joy of finding challenge when seeming alone at the top of their game.
Nora and her impulsive reactions coupled with her heartfelt joy.
Ren with his more thought out actions and his views on innocence.
Sun, who is just happy to be there and willingness to act.
The fact you somehow gave each and every one of them a chance to shine. A role to play to their strengths. Opportunities to succeed and fail. And somehow also added a deeper understanding of Roman and emotional investment into smaller, nearly nameless parts.

And not even mentioning Ruby yet. The simplification of writing as her mind let go. The blending of the girl and "monster". The history and flashbacks beautifully dividing Yang's rush to her that continued to add depth to something that a different writer might have called good enough and called it a day. The vividness of emotions and descriptions that made her thoughts not only known, but felt in a visceral way. The entire ending fight between her pain and her need.

It was astounding. Combat was frantic but you seamlessly carved from perspective to perspective like a single-take video. Every location as the chapter progressed stood out with the details pertinent to that scene. Time with the White Fang kept them as actual living beings with their own levels of commitment and action. Time after the Grimm was rough and oppressive, all cuts and blood and fear. Time between the hunters and huntresses were emotive and kept them as flawed kids who were dedicated to a cause.

I think I could keep gushing on this for far longer, as each scene I recall brings back vivid images and memories. The methods of combat. How different parties fought together and against each other. The energy of Grimm born bursting forth from the boat. Even the uninformed and naïve actions of the police. I know for a fact this chapter will pass my screen a few more times before the week is done.

I feel terrible to leave a review without some form of constructive criticism, but honestly once the chapter got moving any cracks and flaws bled away in the tide of your storytelling. I think there were a few minor errors such as incorrect word usage or minor grammar things at the beginning, but I honestly can't seem to locate them again right now. Perhaps if I can catch them again on a later reading I'll note them down for a second review that hopefully provides more actionable information, but I'm still riding the high of this chapter. I'll be seeing these scenes in my dreams tonight, and I am still amazed and immensely grateful that you have allowed us to enjoy this story. Thank you so much for the chapter, and I hope to see more of your work in the future.
Arkham Wyntier chapter 1 . 3/20/2018
Well that was... wild. Chaotic. Mad. Just one non-stop ride of action from start to end, yeah? I... never she could be so powerful. That was a completely and utterly psychotic ride you just took me on, and for once in my life I can't begin to guess at what is going to happen next in a story.

...Don't take too long, yeah?
MadeDinoSwave chapter 16 . 3/20/2018
Holy Shit my dude. This is the single longest chapter I have read in all my years on this site. I mean, 45,000 words! If you don’t post again for a couple MONTHS, I will understand. You, my sir, are an amazing writer, along with this story. Sixteen chapters, and at over 300,000 words. Keep up the great work and here’s to hoping that you will be able to finish this story to your liking.
1q2w3e4r5t6yaq chapter 16 . 3/20/2018
Somebody once told her the world was gonna roll her, and roll it did.
revan79 chapter 16 . 3/20/2018
Well, that's one hell of a reveal!
trickster3696 chapter 16 . 3/20/2018
man that was intense. great chapter man you had me on edge the whole time. don't feel bad jaune, it's not your fault some people are too stupid to walk away. blake don't you dare die. also the whole part with the grimm in the ship reminded me of Death troopers for someone reason. if you don't know it it's basically a zombie horror story that takes place in star wars. most of it in a prison barge then a star destroyer. unholy abominations chasing you in dark cramped hallways.
553 | « Prev Page 1 .. 3 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 23 .. Last Next »