Reviews for Through Her Eyes
Guest chapter 16 . 3/12/2021
I don't think aura is supposed to work like that. But whatever it takes for drama and tension. It's not like anyone cares to nerd out about tiny details.
Guest chapter 15 . 3/12/2021
Huh. All those unnecessarily long hormonal dumb teens stuff kinda sorta maybe serves as an excuse for why Blake and Ruby are so goddamn stupid. But even if that WAS intentional, there were still far too much dragging and silly fanservice in the story.

Your writing got real good at the end there. It's impressive.
Guest chapter 14 . 3/12/2021
Good job on getting the ball rolling now, author. Took your sweet time.

Also these chapters are gigantic and you should've probably cut them smaller.
Guest chapter 13 . 3/12/2021
Blake's imagining a novel out of her team's secrets is just as amusing as the usual fanfiction potshots at her smut addiction, plus it's novel. Good job there, author.
Guest chapter 12 . 3/12/2021
This massive amount of horny teens at school thing is very seriously clashing with the villain bits with Cinder and co from the end of last chapter. You should've just dropped the whole serious plot with badguys angle and focus on horny teens fulltime. Or dropped 80% of the horny and used those thousands of words to advance the big plot. Assuming the big plot is still the original flavor fall of Beacon during festival, it'll take you 5 million words to get there at this pace.
Guest chapter 11 . 3/12/2021
You know must have a Nightmare in the story now that you set this down, right?
Guest chapter 9 . 3/11/2021
That shower business was completely gratuitous and unnecessary. The initiation already took waaay longer than it should have and now you slow things down even further with really silly fanservice. And you're seriously slathering on the "hormonal teens" stuff too thick.

No wonder you decided to rewrite the whole dang thing. The story is a bloated balloon filled with molasses.
Guest chapter 7 . 3/11/2021
We're still not done with initation. There's slow starts, there's long windedness, then there's this. Looking at chapter names, there's STILL two more to go before the friggin forest adventure ends. I know you added a bunch of stuff and your prose is good but come ooooonnnn. Hurry up already.
Guest chapter 7 . 3/11/2021
OK, Ren is also weird as hell.
Guest chapter 7 . 3/11/2021
You're definitely overdoing the flirty banter thing.
Guest chapter 6 . 3/11/2021
You transferred all of Jaune's worthless dweebness to Weiss? Bold choice. Very bold.
Guest chapter 5 . 3/11/2021
Also the most PATHETIC Weiss ever. Like, whoa.
Guest chapter 5 . 3/11/2021
That has got to be the weirdest Nora I ever saw in a fanfiction.
Guest chapter 3 . 3/11/2021
You blew up the pond's fishies!? Damnit, author.
Glumski chapter 19 . 9/16/2020
While this is only the second RWBY fanfic I've read, I have no doubt that it is among its best. There's a lot to like in this story, most of all your fantastic style of writing, though the easily loveable characters and fleshed out world certainly come a close second. Your Ruby is simply delightful; I don't even remember when I last wanted so much to hug a fictional character and tell them everything would be alright...

As you've said, you are perhaps a bit verbose - it probably can't be denied, seeing how reading this story would take about twice as long as watching those first two volumes of RWBY it covers. I definitely didn't feel bored for even a single page, though; it's just such an immense pleasure to read about your Ruby and her friends/family.

My only point of criticism would be the chapter length. Personally, I use an eReader, so I can comfortably stop just about anywhere. Had I been reading via the website, those last two chapters would've been a bit annoying, however. I suppose it's a bit like those TV series with multi-episode arcs; the episode's end just makes for a good pausing point, even if it would be more natural to watch the thing in one go. (I did once read a story without any chapters at all, years ago as a school assignment. Read the thing in one go, because where was I supposed to stop? Perhaps I'm just weird that way, though.)

Back to THE, I can't laud your characterizations and dialogues enough! Everyone was just so loveable, Team RWBY most of all, of course; the dialogues were especially fantastic.

I'm eagerly looking forward to more, both the remaster and the eventual second volume!
553 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »