Reviews for SWAT Kats: Transitions
darkvendetta chapter 3 . 4/24
I am so psyched that you updated this fic! I love what you are doing with the characters and their stories and the way you develop them! thank you, it really made made my week much better. I wih you to stay healthy and safe in theses hard times
J.E.P 1996 chapter 3 . 4/16
Always glad that to see that you're alive man keep on producing chapters and you have one guys who will always cheer you on
RKF22 chapter 3 . 4/16
EXCELLENT WORK CANT WAIT FOR MORE
MajorBrony95 chapter 3 . 4/16
HUZZAH! An update! So happy ! This is one of the best stories in this group (it and it's sequel.) Congrats!
AzureTemplar3535 chapter 3 . 4/16
I glad to get another chapter for this story and it was great.
shadows59 chapter 3 . 4/16
Ah, this chapter was well worth the wait! I love how you're ratcheting up the tension and having things go wrong in all the ways that the Kats can't fight. And you're doing it without sacrificing the personal lives of the character. Once again, you're writing the story that the show should have. This could be a movie.
Especially Felina's way of getting a date. That could be a cartoon all on it's own. I can't wait to see where you're going from here.
Matt-Robinette chapter 2 . 8/15/2019
I know it’s been a long time since this story has been updated, but I do hope that one day you will continue this story as I would like to see how it ends.
Ginsenshi1 chapter 1 . 4/1/2018
loving the story can't wait to read more.
highlander348 chapter 2 . 9/17/2017
Wonderful chapter! Hope Callie gets to help out the Swat Kats more. Update soon! :D
RKF22 chapter 2 . 7/23/2017
Excellent work can't wait for more
RKF22 chapter 1 . 7/23/2017
Excellent start can't wait for more
MoDaD chapter 2 . 7/21/2017
This was a great story.

Admittedly, I did not read the prior installment to this series, but due to your excellent use of exposition, which did not come at the expense of the story told in “Transitions,” there was just enough allusions and teases at previous events to inform the reader - I’d make the argument that this works well as a standalone work, akin to tuning into a televised drama mid-season.

The real strengths of this story are the characters internal monologues as contrasted with their external dialogue. This is easily among the best written the Metallikats have ever been, up there with Ty-Chou’s in terms of drama and Whiplash’s in terms of humor. Speaking from personal experience, they are a very challenging duo to write for (a handful of scenes was taxing enough for me, but you successfully carry an entire story with them).

The subtle differences between Mac and Molly really drive the themes one can infer from the story’s title, and before I reached the halfway point in the story I was already feeling invested in the outcome. Delving into how the loss of humanity (or is it Katmanity? Whatever…) affected both of them and their transformations (or perhaps amplifications) of their personalities was a very nice touch.

Even in a setting where the status quo has been changed, everyone still felt very in-character, and I applaud your use of ancillary characters, injecting just enough fan-derived logic and backstory to make them real, but not so much that they steal the spotlight or become distracting. That’s a hard thing to do.

As for our main protagonists, everyone felt very in-character, particularly in an environment where the status quo has obviously changed. The sprinkling of profanity here and there is usually a bit distracting for a story that’s framed as “true to the the show,” but I think it works well in this.

As far as structure, everything was very professionally put together. There weren’t any glaring logic holes (using the show’s standards for this). Situations that were obviously unfair are meant to be unfair. Characters that do stupid things are meant to do stupid things. Things that are meant to be juvenile exchanges are there because they’re a reflection of the characters doing them, etc.

And, the part that I most enjoyed, because narratively you had been building up to this, and right when I was thinking “Come on, there’s no way he’d admit it…” you swerved and delivered:

(not going to put the spoiler here, author is aware of the scene referenced).

I loved this part. He almost has a hint of responsibility, but no, his character (or lack thereof XD ) shines through and appropriately shifts the blame. Very nicely portrayed.

I also really enjoyed the references to other episodes, particularly A Bright and Shiny Future. When Hackle reveals a certain thing, I was hoping that Razor would make the connection, and I wasn't disappointed.

And, your conclusion did not disappoint. I was glad that the minor mystery teased earlier on was addressed and not forgotten about (and it didn't feel tacked on - you obviously wrote with this in mind). When that last-minute surprise character made an appearance and that interaction occurred, I was crossing my fingers, hoping for the EXACT action that happened. And, I was not disappointed.
Trekker77 chapter 2 . 7/17/2017
As T-bone would say, CRUD. Dark Kat knows who they are now, and he'll stop at nothing to destroy them.
CadillacJack chapter 2 . 7/17/2017
Wow...this was a long time coming but it was totally worth it! I highly enjoyed this chapter. I feel like everyone got the right amount of screen time and was used in the best way possible.

I also loved how detailed everything was, from the locations, the action scenes and the terminology when describing the technology. Not only does it suck me into the world but it really makes me feel like I'm there, watching all the carnage unfold.

Not to mention, the Metallikats are my favorite SWAT Kats villains and I felt like you really nailed their characters, from their constant bickering to their overall devotion to each other and how nothing else really matters except themselves. I actually felt kinda bad when Molly got shot and Mac got taken advantaged of by Dark Kat.

Speaking of which, I loved the ending to the story as well. It really shows just how deceptive Dark Kat is by using Mac for information and then flat out destroying him. I'm immensely curious as to what Dark Kat is going to do now that he knows the SWAT Kats identifies and even where they are. Things like this provide a nice hook to keep the readers, like myself, eagerly coming back for more.

God, sorry for being so long, and maybe sounding like a hyperactive fangirl, but I just admire the care and dedication you put into every chapter. I'm eagerly excited for the next chapter but I definitely don't want to rush you. Take as much time as you need! :)
Agent of the Divine One chapter 2 . 7/16/2017
Oh no. With that knowledge Dark Kat will hit them harder than ever. And this time there may not be anything left.