Reviews for Carry the Fire
breakaway-republic chapter 8 . 9/19
I was glad to see that this had been updated. It's been awhile- although I'm hardly one to talk.

Also wondering who else you have in mind taking up residence in the house next- I mean since this is AU, they don't have to arrive in any particular order.
Colshan chapter 8 . 9/1
Nah it's just not for me.
Colshan chapter 6 . 9/1
Sigh and once again except this time we have the big brother scared of the little sister routine.
Colshan chapter 2 . 9/1
The one thing I never like about these Daily Life stories is how the MC always seems to roll over and let themselves be walked over. Like seriously if this Smith lady showed up at my house acting smug, trying to use my cups and drink my coffee id slap it out her hand and tell her to get the fuck out.
love it make more please canon harem
BlueBlender chapter 8 . 8/30
Good to see an update on this while I was on vacation. Best thing I got back to this month!

The interactions seemed completely smooth, aside from a couple hiccups. The most obvious is the profanity. August mentally swearing is one thing that I can happily accept, but towards Smith in public stands out. And as an off-hand thought, he should have expected something like this from her during his first interaction with her when she dropped off Miia on him.

Smith mentioning the various complications during a homestay's transition is another. This is one of those "background problems", where it is mentioned, but rarely comes up to affect the plot or the characters. But I get that this mostly copies the original manga's material and storyline, so this can be waved off. Though it would be nice to see August really suffering from culture shock, not just from the liminals' end, but the Japanese's, but this is going to be hard to do.

It's good to see August being at least more aware about Miia's attraction to him than Kimihito was at this stage. Maybe he can avoid some of the mistakes he made early on (ie, bringing Miia to a love hotel to hide from the crowd)? Miia in the original manga is ANNOYINGLY possessive (though for a harem series, that's to be expected, and her lamia upbringing likely has something to do with that), so having him knock her expectations down a peg will be a well-needed change. Just have her character be more than "the first girl for the mc".

As for a villain, I'm all for it, though I don't know how it would work. The series is called "DAILY LIFE of Monster Girls", so an episodic formula with one-shot villains work the best for it. But if you think you can pull it off, I'd like to see what comes up.

Finally, for the next lady in the harem: Centorea. All the way. Not only do they have similar backgrounds, but the little differences can create good friction/inner conflict between the characters and shed some light on the cultures. In the anime, Centorea goes so far as to call herself a "servant", and seeing how deeply this goes could make for some good character growth on her (and maybe August's) part in understanding themselves.

That's all for now. Gotta get some sleep now.
Bob of the A chapter 8 . 8/29
Centorea's one of my favorite characters, so my vote's for her (Papi is still a good character, though. Just not on Cerea's level.

No big comments or question's for this one, so I'll leave with these final words.

I'm glad you're back! I missed reading this. Please accept my humble review.
sindrisnctchr chapter 8 . 8/26
Definitely going to need to have a serious conversation, and soon.

I'm kinda inclined toward Centorea coming in first. Partly because iirc we just saw Papi with a different host family and it seems weird for that to break down so quickly (and Smith probably has somebody in mind when she asks this question and it can't be somebody who is already apparently settled). Partly because dealing with Miia and Papi at the same time all alone might be beyond our hero (at least without shifting the tone to pure gag comedy), and another dose of almost-maturity would help with that. And partly because I really really want to see August and Centorea interact because it will be great and terrible and hilarious to watch.

I'm a little wary of adding an external antagonist this early in the story, because there's already kind of a lot going on and it seems like it would be hard to integrate without a pretty significant tone shift. But I dunno; I suck as a writer so your opinion is way more valuable than mine.
NeoNazo356 chapter 8 . 8/25
LOVED the dialogue, it all flowed very naturally and made things more fun to read; the cameo of Kimihito was funny too. As for Ms. Smith actually giving him word BEFOREHAND about other Liminals coming to live in his home, that was much more considerate, though given the guy has military training, it might explain why she's taking him SERIOUSLY. Looking forward to what comes next.
pyrojack25 chapter 8 . 8/25
I almost imagine a lot of real world situations happening around this story, like government issues and real life bulls***. Honestly I would wonder how you'll have August run into Little Miss Blue Feathers, like sent flying and lose his prosthetic in the process. Heck maybe break the fourth wall and jab at the series and it's perversion. :P
Great chapter, dude. Glad that yore still active. On the the external antagonist thing, that sounds like a great idea. Would like to see how the girls react to August's past catching up with him.
BukkakeNoJutsu chapter 8 . 8/25
Lol at the stinger. That's why smith paid for the meal.
Surasa The Red chapter 8 . 8/25
My vote goes to Paps for the next homestay. And as for an external villain, there were a few in the manga that you could repurpose to be more of an antagonist. Like that guy who tried to film Papi's egg-laying scene could be brought in somehow, or there could be an organization that harvests materials from liminals that attempts to kidnap Miia (like from the latest chapters of Mon Mosu), or maybe it could be a liminal group who abuses the currently backwards laws like that orc group in the MON debut.
Brokuyasu chapter 8 . 8/25
I'd like to see Centorea next
Please keep all of them It is so hard to find a fic that's keeps the all cannon. Characters and I want papa next I kinda want her to see his fake leg and thinks it's food for some reason