Reviews for Carry the Fire
Dracul666 chapter 1 . 7/6
I can't find the guy who adopted the story
sacke110 chapter 6 . 3/17
To be honest, this chapter didn’t do it for me. Loved the earlier chapters, a war veteran taking care of a more normal Miia. But now in chapter 6 she suddely without warning turns into her canon self like in the anime/manga? Kind of flipped a switch there with the personality...
Sky the white dragon chapter 8 . 2/17
I'm having trouble finding the person who adopted this story. Did they change their name?
John chapter 8 . 2/6
Great story update soon
guest chapter 8 . 2/4
Come on man you can't throw in the towel just like that, you've made a hell of a story that a lot of readers enjoy. I know you can make this work, you just gotta dig deep like you never dug before.
Stylus Opium chapter 2 . 1/20
You do not know how much I hate and August's grandma right now...
NO F-ING CLUE!
Guest chapter 8 . 12/25/2017
Hope your having a very Merry Christmas.

Can't wait to the see the next chapter
oldspacecadet3 chapter 8 . 10/11/2017
I think Centorea should be the next to appear rather than Papi if only because so many other stories generally follow canon in order of the girls' moving in.

Even Centorea herself briefly wishes she was first to enter his (Kurusu's) household in the fanfiction *Centaur of Attention*. This allows the dynamics of the household to be considered in a different point of view to be expressed with the mindset of Miia-Centorea-OC rather than Miia-Papi-whatever character. This, in turn, should allow for a variation of the butterfly effect to lead to an increasingly original series of occurrences and/or situations where similar canon events happen, but at varying times, or not at all.

I may not be explaining it clearly enough, even to myself, but perhaps the basic idea can get through.

Still, I like this story, and hope you decide to continue it.
6s6d6 chapter 1 . 9/28/2017
Yo this is really good. Not only is the spelling and grammar a cut above the average fanfic, the story so far flows and meets your goals. Can't wait to see this through to an end :).

P.S.: FFDP rules, not as good as Korn or Slipknot though ;).
breakaway-republic chapter 8 . 9/19/2017
I was glad to see that this had been updated. It's been awhile- although I'm hardly one to talk.

Also wondering who else you have in mind taking up residence in the house next- I mean since this is AU, they don't have to arrive in any particular order.
Colshan chapter 8 . 9/1/2017
Nah it's just not for me.
Colshan chapter 6 . 9/1/2017
Sigh and once again except this time we have the big brother scared of the little sister routine.
Colshan chapter 2 . 9/1/2017
The one thing I never like about these Daily Life stories is how the MC always seems to roll over and let themselves be walked over. Like seriously if this Smith lady showed up at my house acting smug, trying to use my cups and drink my coffee id slap it out her hand and tell her to get the fuck out.
Guest chapter 8 . 9/1/2017
love it make more please canon harem
BlueBlender chapter 8 . 8/30/2017
Good to see an update on this while I was on vacation. Best thing I got back to this month!

The interactions seemed completely smooth, aside from a couple hiccups. The most obvious is the profanity. August mentally swearing is one thing that I can happily accept, but towards Smith in public stands out. And as an off-hand thought, he should have expected something like this from her during his first interaction with her when she dropped off Miia on him.

Smith mentioning the various complications during a homestay's transition is another. This is one of those "background problems", where it is mentioned, but rarely comes up to affect the plot or the characters. But I get that this mostly copies the original manga's material and storyline, so this can be waved off. Though it would be nice to see August really suffering from culture shock, not just from the liminals' end, but the Japanese's, but this is going to be hard to do.

It's good to see August being at least more aware about Miia's attraction to him than Kimihito was at this stage. Maybe he can avoid some of the mistakes he made early on (ie, bringing Miia to a love hotel to hide from the crowd)? Miia in the original manga is ANNOYINGLY possessive (though for a harem series, that's to be expected, and her lamia upbringing likely has something to do with that), so having him knock her expectations down a peg will be a well-needed change. Just have her character be more than "the first girl for the mc".

As for a villain, I'm all for it, though I don't know how it would work. The series is called "DAILY LIFE of Monster Girls", so an episodic formula with one-shot villains work the best for it. But if you think you can pull it off, I'd like to see what comes up.

Finally, for the next lady in the harem: Centorea. All the way. Not only do they have similar backgrounds, but the little differences can create good friction/inner conflict between the characters and shed some light on the cultures. In the anime, Centorea goes so far as to call herself a "servant", and seeing how deeply this goes could make for some good character growth on her (and maybe August's) part in understanding themselves.

That's all for now. Gotta get some sleep now.