Reviews for Searching for Salvation
ZiggySmallz chapter 21 . 22h
Not the story i was looking for, but ill favorite and follow.
Waka Nebbiolo chapter 21 . 7/14
I'm done. This just isn't for me. Good luck though. As a final bit of advice? Maybe tone down the doom and darkness a notch or ten.
Waka Nebbiolo chapter 11 . 7/14
Question, is this whole story going to be you screwing the MC over? If so, this is gonna get old fast.
vincent1875 chapter 11 . 7/9
I'm tired of his stupid complaints about the system like he's an expert or anime character. Dude is a grown man griping about everything. Instead of saying stop and think every other second how about he doesn't whine for no reason in the first place?

He should have used survive, healed himself, and used it again before evolving.

Again he's an animagus. He can presumably turn into a stag at any time.

I hate your MC's character so much.
vincent1875 chapter 10 . 7/9
The need to have a full health bar is nonsense. He didn't 'learn the hard way.' All the frog taught him was to have enough HP to use survive. Or perhaps to take a hit and still get off survive. Full health is unnecessary.

It's impossible for him to conclude that the subskill resistance has anything to do with the amount of poisons he's trained in on only the second poison.

I don't see why hunting 18 spiders would take 5 hours if they're that easy to kill for him.

Frogs don't have enough intelligence? All of the animals in this story are smarter than normal. How did he not realize this after the fight with the spider mother? Or how about after the snails learned from him trying to knock them back into the hole.

WHY WOULD THE FLOWER HAVE DIED? You literally forgot to add the relevant information to a plot element that you come back to again and again. Plus he's observing everything in sight but not the flower he lands on everyday?

I don't think bugs can close their eyes. They don't have eyelids.

I don't understand why he only does one poison upgrade a day after he got that weight skill. He could have kept going.

Again I don't see how he's before more prone to panic attacks as time goes on instead of less.
vincent1875 chapter 9 . 7/9
I'm quite certain that insects can't grimace. Why do you completely ignore the common sense of the species you decided to write? Their muscles or whatever are all underneath their exoskeletons. Thus their face can't make expressions.

You've never given a reason why the flower should be dead. He's not dripping poison on it.

Animagus seems like an extremely powerful skill in this case. If he turns into a deer he's in an entirely different food chain.
vincent1875 chapter 8 . 7/9
Again bugs can't scream.

This is Harry Potter isn't it? The guy who went through multiple life and death moments since he was 11. The guy who survived a war. The guy who nearly died in this very story multiple times and now he's having a panic attack? Makes no sense to me.

Does he really need poison if he he shoot fireballs at things?

It seems like he could use tie together survive and the healing spell rather than observe.
vincent1875 chapter 7 . 7/9
Also why don't we see him losing any HP after eating poison? That should be his information for how dangerous the poison is.

When did Observe ever show the strongest attribute? Is that the poisonous?

The character's personality doesn't really seem like Harry Potter's at all. Never has he cursed out Voldemort yet now he's all super profane.

I don't think insects can scream, screech, laugh, or make any sort of vocal noise. They make noise but not really like that. I also don't think that a spider's struggles are enough to snap a web. Spider silk is suppose to be 5 times stronger than steel and flexible. Are these all giant bugs or something?
vincent1875 chapter 6 . 7/9
There's a lot of stuff in this story that doesn't make sense. 1. I don't think most bugs can hit each other hard enough to actually cause damage to themselves or others. No caterpillar is gonna be damaging itself or a snail by hitting it.

2. I don't think most small bugs are injured by falls. Their weight is so tiny that their absolute velocity is small enough to easily survive. In other words they're light enough that the air will slow them down enough to survive it. Maybe not a caterpillar or snail but certainly a small spider.

3. Why would a freshly killed spider smell like fresh meat? It died by poison not by being ripped apart. The fresh meat smell is what you expect from a bloody kill not from something just dying. The spider should smell exactly the same.
jfcwtfusernames chapter 5 . 7/9
Deaths head hawk moth Harry
jfcwtfusernames chapter 3 . 7/9
Creature evolution is certainly an interesting mechanic
vincent1875 chapter 5 . 7/7
Magic has nothing to do with the body yet it's obviously genetic? Not buying it. Either it's related or your soul is influenced by your body.
vincent1875 chapter 1 . 7/7
Not bad. I'm assuming this is Harry and Ginnymort killed him?
StoneTheLoner chapter 1 . 7/7
This story has a serious problem with repeating itself. If it's not done direct like all the "Who did this? Who? I died? I really Died? Is she fine!? Is she?! She killed me? She killed!... etc" it's indirect stuff like the same reactionary tones to bad news. You were doing a play by play for every new thing with his reactions to it and I found it extremely hard to be interested when I'd just finished reading all the same descriptors in the last paragraph. He's mad, he's cussing, he winced, he frowned, he's confused... etc.

It defeats the purpose of reading when I can substitute entire paragraphs of perspective with the general assumption that he wasn't happy :/
invinoveri chapter 2 . 7/6
I never thought reading about a gamer!caterpillar would catch my interest.. it has.. jesus help me.