Reviews for Realignment
vansh4895 chapter 25 . 11/29
I loved the writing style and the epic fights, but I resent the ending. I like how the whole fic played out, the major characters (except Harry) still retaining their behaviour. Harry on the other hand comes of as a obsessive raging powerful titan, which I loved, but the fact that he died, with no back story or context as to how he came to be this way, and that too at the hands of Tom is completely unacceptable. And to top it all off, Tom is painted as the hero at the end of the battle.. that's just a bit too much for me to digest.
if the fic is ever continued I would definitely love a harry potter come back, since he is the master of death, or because he is still the horcrux, or by whatever means necessary. This just isn't a good ending.
wujuninja chapter 25 . 11/21
feel very dissatisfied with the ending. not happy
OrdealOfMc chapter 2 . 9/1
while I liked the book, the whole premise of it is flawed, harry could have just killed tom when tom was in train station or in the orphanage.
Rialaea chapter 25 . 8/10
I am so glad I came across this story! Your portrayal of the world is great, not to mention the characters and their relationships. The interactions between Dumbledore and Grindelwald, and most of all, the nuances and complexities of the understanding between Dumbledore and Tom, are fantastic. I find your Tom to be very interesting and convincing, and I really appreciate your characterisation of him as a self-interested and superbly intelligent, yet young and still impressionable. I think your Dumbledore is outstanding - he's brilliant, broken, steadfast and fragile, infinitely patient and kind yet almost cruel in his inevitable distancing from the world. Again, the relationship at the heart of the story, that between Tom and Dumbledore, is exquisitely portrayed. I really look forward to more chapters and thank you for sharing your work!
Homarid chapter 25 . 8/2
That story went by shockingly fast. I really got obsessed over it. Great job. I loved Harry and Dumbledore and Grindelwald. It's unfortunate I didn't like Tom, but that is a personal hangup. Tom was well written, but I'm not interested in any kind of redemption story for him. Thank you for the story.
Homarid chapter 1 . 7/31
Wow, what an introduction. Great battle.
IamKroGan1 chapter 1 . 6/16
Bit of a twist, I thought Grindwald was attacking and Harry would help fight him off, not that Harry had went full nutso and attacked Hogwarts. He would have to be insane to do that when he knows Dumbledore is there and in his prime. If he wanted Riddle why didn't he just wait until he was back to the orphanage, your Harry is dumb. I did like the fight scenes and that Harry seems actually talented instead of the everyman.
Caver Floyd chapter 25 . 5/16
Excellent story, as long as you don’t think too hard about Harry’s actions. He’s obviously crazy, because that attack on Hogwarts could only be thought a good idea by someone who has gone round the bend. Besides that, the imagery of the story is great, though I do wonder how Lady Clara met Harry, as I don’t really see him just wandering around magical Europe making new friends when he is so focused on his mission.
Xeius9 chapter 25 . 3/12
This was a great story
Vitharr chapter 25 . 11/21/2020
wow, this story was excellent. your writing style is incredibly satisfying, especially in the fight scenes. I have one gripe though, for Tom's character development, the main way he is changing in this story is his goals, but we don't get to really see that, only get told it. for the whole story Tom can't work towards his goals because he's focused on the threat of bond, but after the final battle the story pretty much just ends.
I would have preferred an extra segment in the last chapter talking a bit about what tom was up to now, instead of cozying up to Slytherin, to get some hints of what he might accomplish in the future.

because of the absence of anything like this, the ending made me feel like nothing has truly changed. tom isn't just likely to still be evil, but it feels like he'll progress down such a similar path to the original timeline.

tldr: I would have preferred a showcase of Tom's new goals at the end, and an insight into what he's doing, otherwise it's a great story arc.
jhsilver123 chapter 1 . 11/14/2020
You Know you should make it clear Voldermot is the main character and not Harry.
Yuna Nightshade chapter 7 . 11/4/2020
"... unfortunately there is no magic to change the past."

Weeeell...
Guest chapter 4 . 10/27/2020
Well, harry seems to be going about his quest to kill tom in the most idiotic way possible. It makes for spectacular scenes but just makes one shake ones head at his stupidity.
Cookie-the-Rookie chapter 24 . 10/25/2020
Awe-fucking-some. Love how Tom didn’t miss a beat in casting his favorite spell
Cookie-the-Rookie chapter 23 . 10/25/2020
Tom as the new boy who lived is friggin awesome. It makes sense though, if Harry is still a horcrux Tom wouldn’t be able to die