Reviews for Realignment
just read the first chapter for the battle scene. And don't read the rest. Harry is not the main character here.
johnzeckleston chapter 19 . 3/24
You have truly delve into the depths of magic and brung it alive in this fic. Dumbledore when written well is magnificent and his interactions with Tom Riddle are sensational in this fic, the dialouge they have is great.
johnzeckleston chapter 5 . 3/23
Fantastic fic so far. Riddle has been stripped bare and forced to re-evaluate his way to life, even apprentice for the wizard he hates most. I guess the boy who went mad being a moment away from killing you does change things. It’s nice to see Voldemort Jr so out of his depth when forced into the variety of the wider wizarding world before being ready.

If this whole scenario happened to mid 7th year Voldemort who already had a Horcrux and Knights, I wonder how it would have played out.

Harry using all Voldemort’s secrets and phrases against him is a good touch, he even stole his unaided flight skill, beautiful.

Im questioning why Harry didn’t just wait till Hogsmead weekend like Dumbledore said… or even just go to Tom’s orphanage and remove him from existence with the most supreme amount of ease.
John Spangler chapter 25 . 3/18
One of the best HP fics I've ever read! Great premise, and excellent characterization for anyone involved. Thanks for writing!
Romulian chapter 25 . 2/17
fantastic story! i love what you did with tom and how you adapted the characters to interact especially in those awesome fights! um my biggest and hang-up tho is the lack of background on harry, the lack of development on his relationship with the young madame, and the lack of development with the hallows
vansh4895 chapter 25 . 11/29/2021
I loved the writing style and the epic fights, but I resent the ending. I like how the whole fic played out, the major characters (except Harry) still retaining their behaviour. Harry on the other hand comes of as a obsessive raging powerful titan, which I loved, but the fact that he died, with no back story or context as to how he came to be this way, and that too at the hands of Tom is completely unacceptable. And to top it all off, Tom is painted as the hero at the end of the battle.. that's just a bit too much for me to digest.
if the fic is ever continued I would definitely love a harry potter come back, since he is the master of death, or because he is still the horcrux, or by whatever means necessary. This just isn't a good ending.
wujuninja chapter 25 . 11/21/2021
feel very dissatisfied with the ending. not happy
OrdealOfMc chapter 2 . 9/1/2021
while I liked the book, the whole premise of it is flawed, harry could have just killed tom when tom was in train station or in the orphanage.
Rialaea chapter 25 . 8/10/2021
I am so glad I came across this story! Your portrayal of the world is great, not to mention the characters and their relationships. The interactions between Dumbledore and Grindelwald, and most of all, the nuances and complexities of the understanding between Dumbledore and Tom, are fantastic. I find your Tom to be very interesting and convincing, and I really appreciate your characterisation of him as a self-interested and superbly intelligent, yet young and still impressionable. I think your Dumbledore is outstanding - he's brilliant, broken, steadfast and fragile, infinitely patient and kind yet almost cruel in his inevitable distancing from the world. Again, the relationship at the heart of the story, that between Tom and Dumbledore, is exquisitely portrayed. I really look forward to more chapters and thank you for sharing your work!
Homarid chapter 25 . 8/2/2021
That story went by shockingly fast. I really got obsessed over it. Great job. I loved Harry and Dumbledore and Grindelwald. It's unfortunate I didn't like Tom, but that is a personal hangup. Tom was well written, but I'm not interested in any kind of redemption story for him. Thank you for the story.
Homarid chapter 1 . 7/31/2021
Wow, what an introduction. Great battle.
IamKroGan1 chapter 1 . 6/16/2021
Bit of a twist, I thought Grindwald was attacking and Harry would help fight him off, not that Harry had went full nutso and attacked Hogwarts. He would have to be insane to do that when he knows Dumbledore is there and in his prime. If he wanted Riddle why didn't he just wait until he was back to the orphanage, your Harry is dumb. I did like the fight scenes and that Harry seems actually talented instead of the everyman.
Caver Floyd chapter 25 . 5/16/2021
Excellent story, as long as you don’t think too hard about Harry’s actions. He’s obviously crazy, because that attack on Hogwarts could only be thought a good idea by someone who has gone round the bend. Besides that, the imagery of the story is great, though I do wonder how Lady Clara met Harry, as I don’t really see him just wandering around magical Europe making new friends when he is so focused on his mission.
Xeius9 chapter 25 . 3/12/2021
This was a great story
Vitharr chapter 25 . 11/21/2020
wow, this story was excellent. your writing style is incredibly satisfying, especially in the fight scenes. I have one gripe though, for Tom's character development, the main way he is changing in this story is his goals, but we don't get to really see that, only get told it. for the whole story Tom can't work towards his goals because he's focused on the threat of bond, but after the final battle the story pretty much just ends.
I would have preferred an extra segment in the last chapter talking a bit about what tom was up to now, instead of cozying up to Slytherin, to get some hints of what he might accomplish in the future.

because of the absence of anything like this, the ending made me feel like nothing has truly changed. tom isn't just likely to still be evil, but it feels like he'll progress down such a similar path to the original timeline.

tldr: I would have preferred a showcase of Tom's new goals at the end, and an insight into what he's doing, otherwise it's a great story arc.