Reviews for Realignment
Guest chapter 25 . 4/19/2019
Interesting, I really like this
Guest chapter 4 . 4/8/2019
idiot...this chapter killed the story
Guest chapter 25 . 3/12/2019
Wow this was incredibly well made. Thanks for writing it.
Guest chapter 25 . 2/26/2019
Bruh whats next?
TheLoud chapter 25 . 2/16/2019
Wow. This is wonderful. I love how all these creative wizard duels are in service of a very original plot. What a beautifully open-ended ending, too. It’s like multiple endings in one. I love the humor too, like “the time being.”
the color is blinding chapter 25 . 2/5/2019
This story was excellent! I just loved all of the references you threw in EVERYWHERE. From the Sabriel/"Old Kingdom" series by Garth Nix (which are one of my favorite books), to the excellent usage of Norse mythology with the world tree. I hadn't ever seen it been used before in a way that I liked. I kept being pleasantly surprised when I came across another reference I recognized. I'm super impressed!

Your characterizations of Tom and Albus were really fascinating. Harry's obsession with avenging the "loss of his world" ultimately drives both Tom and Albus onto different paths completely. Albus leaves Hogwarts, and Tom is in a very unique position where he could easily turn to either side. Harry's attempt to fix everything may have very well made things worse. Albus is colder now; Tom's path to power is forged in a different route.

The last exchange between Albus and Tom is haunting: "I'm curious which of the two you'll favor now. I myself am going through something similar." The holly and yew for Tom, and Albus's original wand and the elder wand. Suppression or incitement.

I loved this story. Sure, somethings could have been better-maybe space out some of the events over the course of the year. All of the events were very front-loaded (before the winter holiday break) and apparently Tom had spent several months in captivity? I'm not 100% sure how that all fits in with their visits to Geneva and the visits with Tom's families occurring between Sept 1 and Dec 25. I may have misread something though. But honestly? Little details like that don't really matter because while I thought about that potential discrepancy for only a second, I was completely immersed in the entire story.

Okay I have to stop this before I keep writing more holy smokes I didn't realize how much I had type. TL;DR: your story rocks i love it kthxbye
dawnwatch chapter 25 . 1/26/2019
It was good. Though I do wonder if Harry is really dead or not. It is implied but there was no confirmation and we don’t know if he still had that horecrux or not.
traube.xp chapter 8 . 1/16/2019
You have a true Talent for writing battle scenes and the way you bring the magic to life is simple marvelous.
On the top of that the sentence:“Nice reactions though, your planned use of me as a human shield was inspired.“ had me laughing out loud.
Monster King chapter 25 . 1/11/2019
Great job
An Author's Pen chapter 25 . 1/6/2019
This story is incredible! I've never seen a better written Dumbledore - his immense power is so tangible, as is his weariness, fear, and pain. The sense of wonder in magic that this story managed to evoke was astounding - the battle scenes and spells are on a whole different level than anything I've seen before.

Tom Riddle's characterization always walks a tight line, but there is something very true about the way this story ends, even if it feels unsatisfying, with Tom hanging between life and death, his future in full flux. The time travel fic is such an abused genre at this point that it was great to see a story that captures a real feeling of the potential for things to change, or scarier, not to change, that makes the concept so fascinating in the first place.

It was a bold move to kill Harry off without ever giving a chance to explain, and it worked for me. Dumbledore is right; a line always has to be drawn at the death of a child, who despite all his scheming and cruelty, is still innocent.

The relationship between Tom and Dumbledore here was delightfully nuanced. I liked the ambivalence in Tom's attitude towards him by the end. Their personalities do clash on this fundamental level, but at the same time, there's a kind of abandonment in Dumbledore leaving him, an inability for him to face the consequences of his action and power. It reminds me of the powerful moment when Harry tempts Dumbledore with the resurrection stone and the canon Dumbledore's long wait to confront Grindlewald - Dumbledore's weakness is his fear that he will not choose right when the time comes, so he doesn't face what he should, despite the fact that in the end he does always seem to make the right choice.

I'm so glad I came across this story. I desperately want to know more from this world, where Dumbledore and Tom's choices take them, but in a way the triumph of this ending is how much it leaves open and suggests. Thank you for a wonderful story!
TheSkyeDragon chapter 25 . 12/4/2018
wow...shit...this is one of the best, or most realistic fanfictions I have ever read...I really thought Harry was going to explain exactly why and how he was there at some point, but nope. I loved how Toms entire life has been changed by this, just wow. The fucking CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT! in this story, wow. I love the ending, but at the same time I dislike it...Harry just being killed off like that, and Cara running away, not knowing what she's going to do next, not knowing what Dumbledore and Tom will do next! how will the future change because of this!? Fuck xD this was so good. Is there a sequel? I'm kind of hoping there's a sequel and kind of not, If this is truly the end, then I suppose I coulld see it as the end through Toms character development. Just...wow...fwasfffwfklsnvosdajhf
And the reverse of Harry and Tom! that was incredible and beautifully done, I just wish there was more clarification on why Harry (if it was Harry) was so strongly out of character and what the fuck had happened to him xD but yeah, loved this story!
SPJaymo117 chapter 1 . 12/2/2018
This story was incredible from start to finish. Actions was thrilling and characters well thought out. Dumbledore characterisation was masterful.
Neverastory chapter 25 . 11/8/2018
This is the best dumbledore characterisation I have ever read. Honestly blown away by the whole story
pinks99 chapter 24 . 11/1/2018
How was Harry able to bring people back to life?
pinks99 chapter 23 . 11/1/2018