Reviews for Demons in the Doorway, Monsters Down the Hall
jrzgrl02 chapter 15 . 4/17/2013
OMG!...I so loved this story...sorry it took me so long to read and review...this is one of the top 3 that i really like when reading rw fanfic...keep uo the good work and hope to read more amazing stories... :D
raven lynn morrigan chapter 1 . 7/24/2012
i'm blown away! love this story can't wait to come back and read more!
ReviewerWhoBegsForUpdates chapter 1 . 3/25/2011
*winces* There is this thing on your keyboard, it probably says "Enter." Please, use it more than a dozen times in a chapter this length. I was constantly distracted from attempting to read the content of your fic due to my eyes swimming around in the massive blocks of text.

I already was hesitant about reading a fic that introduces an OC in chapter one, and honestly wouldn't have touched this with a ten foot pole if I hadn't come across it on numerous favorites lists. Having to wade through bad formatting just makes me far more likely to click the back button in disgust.
Relyan chapter 12 . 3/20/2011
Oh, and "holy collective amnesia, Batman!" was my favorite line in this fic. Lurved it!
Relyan chapter 15 . 3/20/2011
Great story. I spent all day reading it. I tried doing other things, like laundry and going outside to join the human race, but I just couldn't get this story out of my head. Wonderful job! Well done! I really enjoyed how you made the ronins actual teenagers with all the insanity that goes with that period in life. I had a great time remembering my own high school years while reading the story. Oh, the crazy things my friends and I did ... Thanks for writing this. It was great.
Relyan chapter 8 . 3/20/2011
What a great story! I have been laughing along with our heroes and remembering my own great times with my friends from high school. Sometimes it's hard to read with the words so close together, but you write with an ease that makes reading enjoyable.

As for this chapter, I understand what Rowen is going through. I had a brain abscess when I was 10 and was in the hospital for two months. I also know how Robyn feels about people being insensitive toward Rowen; I went through something similar with a friend in college - I actually yelled at a professor because she was being insensitive to my friend and her pain.

Oh, and I once got star stickers and put them on all four walls in my room with the constellations on each of the corresponding walls. Good times, good times.

Great writers connect with their readers - and you do this wonderfully. Thank you.
Ryuki chapter 1 . 9/19/2009
Hey, Ghost. I have forgotten how much I love this story! I've read it before and I will gladly read it again! I love your art and your writing! Keep up the good work! _

Juzu chapter 15 . 1/16/2009
This was really good. I first read it on your website, and I couldn't stop once I started. I really enjoyed it. Great job!
Firestar9mm chapter 15 . 6/21/2007
Taking a break in the middle of cleaning up some art-I did promise I'd be back! (smiles.)

Okay, it's long since I'm at the end. First: I like how Cye gives Robyn a "why don't you ever give me good news?" look. it's very brotherly (even though I love the idea of Cye and Robyn as a couple, especially due to your fanart of them-I think it's great! I want to do fanart of them, that's how much I love it.)

Robyn is clever to say she gets sniped at "for being on the same planet as Sage". That's funny because, well, it's true. (chuckles.)

I like that Robyn doesn't fight back when she's hit by Minako. It's kinda cool to have a hero who isn't exactly super.

LOVE the inclusion of Amazing Mayzie Bird. XD Seuss is love. Horton, also love.

Hearing Robyn and Kami talk makes me miss having friends who are girls who live close enough to sleep over.

I also really like how Robyn spends time with each Ronin one-on-one-it shows you know the characters and love them enough to pay them all attention. Very well done. I applaud you.

The chapter with Rowen's surgery is particularly touching-in fact I couldn't spend as much time staring at the text as I'd normally have liked-it gave me a pain in my chest that I know all too well. Lovely. Truly, lovely. I wanted to sit with him, hold his hand, see the stars and think of the night so bright as he must see it always.

I love how Cye is passionate and enraged when Robyn is threatened. Normally he's so nonconfrontational, but as soon as she looks to be in danger, he's like, "I'm gonna pound ya! GR!" (giggles.) I love it!

I wanna do the Happy Cake Dance.

I've got to wrinkle my nose a bit at Mia's jealousy; judging from my own conversations with her I'd think her stronger than that, but then again, we are female and as such it's all ingrained in our nature; I'm quite guilty of it often! It's too bad Mia can't play a bigger part in the story; there's plenty of room for all, I'd think. Maybe it's just my instamatic defense of canon characters (especially Mia; I think she's cool because she's often put herself in harm's way to help the guys).

It's very sweet how Robyn stands guard over Sage. I love scenes like that-silent, protective strength just thrills me. It's so nice to see chivalry isn't dead on either side. (smiles.)

I feel an odd kinship with Cye in the fact that fear will often make him a child again, sudden and without warning over the course of an event.

You did a nice job here with leading up to the actual conflict, but I'm wondering if maybe a few more dropped hints and bit more exposition mightn't hurt. Don't take my word for it, though, you are the authoress and you know better than I. (smiles.)

I love Ryo's "So what do you want to do now?" line at the end of the battle; I might look to you for guidance as to HOW the armor's actually called up in writing; I wonder how to do that myself oftentimes when it comes up.

I do wish Mia and Robyn were more friendly to one another; I can't help but feel they ought to stick together, but that might be a personal thing as I have lost many a close female friend over stupidity and still can't find a cure for seventeen stab wounds in the back. (chuckles merrily.) That's why I feel so close to the boys-their honesty and goodness just warms my heart.

Sage is SO SWEET to dance. I could just melt!

(props chin on hands and smiles.) I've pointed a few people in the direction of this story despite its seasons run; it's just too much fun to pass up. I can't wait to see what you do with the rewrite you're planning; I hope it's not presumptuous of me to say so, but if you want to pick my brain feel free, I'd be glad to be a sounding board. It's so nice to talk about all this with someone, you know? (grins.) I can't thank you enough for grabbing my gauntlet and pulling me back into this thing, I'll never be able to repay you.
Firestar9mm chapter 4 . 6/11/2007
True as my word, here I'm back! (smiles and spits on hands, then rubs them together). Okay, here I go:

(taps finger against lips) When you redo this, maybe double-space the lines? It'd make it easier to read.

I LOVE the interaction with Kento's family here. Poor Cye, to be the victim of a young crush! It's adorable. I especially like the part with Cye and Robyn sneaking in to see the whale. (Cye is so cute!) It's just sweet enough, and then before it gets too bad it's tempered by Robyn's exposition. Good work.
Firestar9mm chapter 3 . 5/23/2007
I LOVE how they interact with each other-I just can't stop laughing!

I really like what Mia says at the very end here, how they're all intertwined-how it's nice to be thought of. She's right, I think.

And then I go back up and read Sage dancing again, cause, yum, yum, yum. (giggles.)

Damn, girl. You are making my fingers itch to write about these boys more often. I'm feeling like they're hanging around so much more, now, and I'm so glad to have 'em in the house! *_* So thanks so much for sharing your work. It just makes me smile.
Firestar9mm chapter 2 . 5/21/2007
Girl, you think I got thoughts now, wait till I get to your one-shot where Sage isn't wearing any pants. (chuckles.) I expect to have thoughts for days on that one.

Poor Sage! So been there, where you're rooted in place and you stare at the door, and you know, you KNOW that you are behaving irrationally-but you sit-and you STARE.

I think I would be friends with Robyn; she seems like the kind of person I'd walk around with, staring in shop windows and eating things and making off-the-wall observations about everything. I love friendly characters.

Best part of this chapter: White Blaze referred to as a "fat tabby". XD Love it!
Firestar9mm chapter 1 . 5/17/2007
All right, here I go. Got my cig, got my wineglass, I'm golden, let's go. (*spits on hands, rubs them together and smiles.*)

How I buy books is this: I open to a random part and read it, and then if I want to keep going, I buy the book. Now, I'm aware since you told me of how many seasons have passed since this was written-and yet, you hooked me in, in fact, with the first paragraph. I mean, I have SUCH the soft spot for Cye, specially when he's slightly nervous, and to put him and Kento in such a funny situation as a jostling car ride was perfect, I had to smile. "Somewhere back there with my breakfast!" And I love the description of Kento's car, especially coupled with the assertation of his unconditional love for it.

So is Ryo really a pyromaniac? That'd be so interesting.

I dig that Cye gets a little green at the idea of eating fish.

Two very interesting things-Ryo's seeming forgetfulness re being on time and re Cye's jacket; and I LOVE the line about Sage having to be "tolerant" of his gifts. Most people whine about what they DON'T have, but Sage just wants some peace and quiet! Fascinating.

I have this craving for chips. Hm.
Sifirela chapter 15 . 1/25/2007
Wow...I've got to say this. Wow. That was a good story to read. I haven't read a wonderful fanfic like this in ages that has them in school. You did a really good job on having Robyn enter their lives.

It took me a few days to catch up to this story. I read it back in the day lol. But I forgot about it. So now I'm going read Ronins Interrupted. YATTA!

Meira Evenstar chapter 15 . 9/12/2006
Wow! What a great fic! I've been reading this the last couple of days, and I have to say, it's one of the best fics I've read in awhile. Great work!