Reviews for Never to Live
ScribeofHeroes chapter 1 . 5/4/2017
This was an awesome way to honor the pre-born who've lost their lives to abortion, especially for this particular reason. My brother has a life some might consider too difficult and unfulfilling a life because of a learning disability, though it is not Down's Syndrome. However, his situation and my family's in caring for him makes me think more about such things.

I can't believe people with Down's Syndrome own resturaunt's, design fashions, appear onscreen as actors and weather-girls, and yet doctors still reccomend babies diagnosed with the condition be aborted and parents still listen to them. Some things are changing, though. I hope they continue to change in the right direction. I hope unlike Tim's parents here, others become more willing to welcome these individuals who often report they are happy in their lives. Indeed, they seem happier than most of the rest of us. I believe they have their own purposes they will fulfill in their lives. I believe this about all pre-born babies.

In regards to the story itself, I now can't help thinking of Tim's sister living in Wayne Manor, being a bright spark amid all the grim seriousness. Would she have helped Alfred in the kitchen? Would she have sat in Oracle's lap in the cave? Would she have become a face of Wayne Enterprises? The possibilities actually make me smile. This makes how things actually turn out in the story sadder. I like Tim all the more for his being more open-hearted and minded than his parents in this matter and being so willing to remember and honor his sister instead of just pushing away and forgetting the whole thing.

I was a bit confused about the timing, though. Tim is seven when he over-hears his parents grieving and justifying their decision together. Several years later he is eleven and learns about his sister. And then he finds out she died three years before. It is just a little nit-pick.

I loved how Batman understood and comforted Tim too. I also like how you mention though Tim accopmlished a lot, he never forgot. My own sister was miscarried when I was Tim's age at the beginning of this chapter or younger. I still grieve when I think about it, and wonder who she'd be/is in heaven. You never quite forget.

Awesome work.
meldahlie chapter 1 . 1/25/2017
WELL DONE :)
What else can I say? Well, the usual ... I don't 'get' Batman as a fandom ;D
Guest chapter 1 . 1/24/2017
YOU ARE AN AMAZING PERSON AND I LOVE YOU SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO MUCH!
girlgeekjf chapter 1 . 1/22/2017
Very elegantly written about an issue I care about as well. I hate the devaluation of any group of people
Rye Scop chapter 1 . 1/22/2017
I really loved this story, and I'm glad you had the guts to post it. :)
Doll Girl chapter 1 . 1/22/2017
You are very brave to write this. I too am pro life and I hope you don't get too many hate messages for this beautiful story. If you do then ignore them. They don't understand anything about life before birth. Most of them are selfish, like Tim's parents. A select few, depending on the situation, I can understand but for most of the abortions its for purely selfish reasons.