Reviews for In Between
Deb838 chapter 8 . 3/2/2017
Great story - thanks!
operaluvr chapter 8 . 3/2/2017
I'll miss this this little story. I'm glad that Rick and Alexis are mending their relationship and maybe in the future they can relate to each other as the two adults they actually love.

I love Santa Fe and now I want to visit again asap.
conservativegirl chapter 8 . 3/2/2017
Awesome conclusion! I love their impromptu trip and how Michelle knew the whole time, omg!
blue1orange chapter 8 . 3/2/2017
Nice ending. Alexis gets put in her place. And C and B grow closer after a visit to NM. Sweet.
MontanaKate66 chapter 8 . 3/2/2017
Excellent!
Speedy.Mouse chapter 8 . 3/2/2017
The story has been one I look forward to each time an update came out. I also liked Alexis screwing up. Some much of the time authors paint her as little miss perfect when we all know that is not actually possible. The only 'acting out' thing I can remember from the series was the graduation drinking which seemed to be only contrived to get Alexis and Martha to come home with Kate still in bed with Rick after always. Nicely done with the way Rick handled it.

I liked the way Kate handled the situation by taking a vacation alone to give Rick and Alexis time to work things out. The family dynamics were nicely done. Having Kate go to New Mexico and making some friends out there gives her character more depth meaning it is not alway Rick 'having a guy', Kate can have some people she can count on herself. I especially loved the concept that they would be coming back often to visit their new friends. I also loved the Tony Hillerman mention in the chapter. Tony has been one of my favorites for such a long time. Since some time has passed since his death, his daughter Anne is now writing Leaphorn/Chee mysteries. They are not bad but as had Rick state, he used the location as another character and Anne does not seem to have his mastery of that.

Loved the story.
hawkie chapter 8 . 3/2/2017
A wonderful story! The ending was especially well done. Looking forward to the next new story. :)
I'm Widget chapter 8 . 3/2/2017
Excellent. I adore this. Rick is a smart man to plan this trip for Kate. And speaking of trips, I hope you had a great one. IM me and tell me all about it, please.
temple01uk chapter 8 . 3/2/2017
Thankyou for a great story, so glad to hear Kate's legs were fully functional...LOL
dopeysac chapter 8 . 3/2/2017
Thank you for another wonderful story. Looking forward to more.
Guest chapter 8 . 3/2/2017
good story but I dont like how alexis is treated. She is his daughter. Castle needs to be more sincere
frenchipper chapter 8 . 3/1/2017
An excellent ending to a an excellent story. A very good weekend getaway for Caskett and a bit of waiting for Alexis. Castle doesn't generally bear a grudge for a long time -and indeed you made him forgive her- but I think it's in character he should make anybody pay who would harm Kate or their relationship.
Can I also say that I adore you for praising T. Hillerman, and I hope it will incite those of you who don't know his work to pick up one of his novels. I'm sure you won't be able to put it down, exactly like Kate !
I love the way he uses the countryside and makes the reader picture it, and feel like going there and visit and see for themselves (as Carl Hiaasen does for Florida along with the immense John D. McDonald, or James Lee Burke for the bayous, and probably lots of others) , and his almost anthropological (but always subtle) way to speak of his characters and their culture. A great way to learn about a people.
So, thank you, WRTRD, not only for the story and the way you have mastered the workings of all the characters in Castle and take us with you to their world, but also for telling us about something you love and could interest us, without sounding patronizing -exactly the way T. Hillerman would have chosen to do it.
argo-XnG chapter 8 . 3/2/2017
Thank you!
Maryrose1123 chapter 8 . 3/2/2017
i meant to review this and the last chapter as soon as I read it but life got in the way. This was a really great glimpse at the Castle family dynamic that I wish the show had fleshed out more. Especially with the Alexis story line. Good job.
NellWill4015 chapter 8 . 3/1/2017