Reviews for The Heart of Tangaroa
SakuraButterflyDragonGoddess chapter 1 . 8/5
This was amazing such a pull at the heart ending but, it was do sad i thought Moana and Maui would be together in the end. Also maybe you could do a sequel like a last adventure with moana and naui where shes dting and her daughter gives her the stone and then she becomes immortal again cause like she said she wanted children, husband, to grow old, and death and thats what she did so reborn moana maube and maui heartbroken then sees her and boom love right there with a side of mistrust.
AncientPhoenix chapter 17 . 8/2
This was a beautiful story. I loved your incorporation of other Hawaiian gods and tribal customs. I liked that ending a bit more as well, I think, though a sequel where we learn why we had the heart and maybe learn something about Kailani would be good too :)
icecreamscoop3 chapter 17 . 7/20
how dare u. i wanted a better ending (not that this is bad at all, its actually very realistic) but.. yknow.. immortality seems better to me
Mrs. Renner chapter 17 . 6/24
sequel please! This was so so good. I loves the ending so bittersweet and wonderful. Please I must have another!.
Please write a sequel! This was top notch, and you did an excellent job with the lore and characters!
Gabriel Nightingale chapter 17 . 5/26
I loved this story so much! Though I wished it ended differently. Like Maui coming on the wedding day or coming before that.

Though with that last part, I'd guess it either took him 10 years to get the heart or as someone else suggested in the reviews, the heart was given to him and it took him 10 years to work up the courage to go to Moana.
OinkyThePiggy chapter 17 . 5/12
I feel like this ending is open-ended. He didn't have the stone by accident. It was given to him, he just took a bit too long to get the courage to bring it to her.
I think it can be interpreted to be that she maybe waits a bit to take hold of the stone again. Maybe she ages and her husband passes first, her daughter is chief, and by possessing the stone it brings her back to a younger self and immortal.
Maybe she takes a 'final' journey, in her old age, to the sea and is 'lost at sea'. Essentially faking her death.

Regardless, bittersweet and definitely pulled at the heartstrings.
I hate you !
loved it!
StephiexAnn chapter 17 . 4/25
I think I cried. Just a bit. Perfect ending.
alicelouise'x chapter 17 . 4/16
This was amazing, I read it all in one go. (All whilst watching Moana over and over again, not by choice though). The ending was brilliant, I know lots of people didn't like it but that was a very very good ending. I wouldn't change any of it. As usual sequel ideas float into my mind like when I finish any other story. But this time I'm thinking along the lines of another 20 years later. Moana is struck by an illness no one has seen before and her daughter takes it on herself to believe Moana's tales she told her and slip out in the middle of the night with the heart and take the journey to find/steal (a flower? an object belonging to a God?) to heal her mother. And then of course along the way she runs into Maui and he willingly or not accompanies her on the journey. There Kailani learns of how Maui broke her mothers heart once and Maui learns that Kailani is actually not just a carbon copy of her mother and gives up his immortality for her? Something along those lines but that's just me syking about how much I would love a sequel!

Well done on this story, it was incredible.
secretwhovianpony chapter 17 . 4/14
Damn. And here I was hoping that they'd actually manage to get together.
protecter chapter 16 . 4/13
you really should make an alternate story ending
blackfeather157 chapter 17 . 4/11
No. I refuse to believe this is over. Nope. Nu-uh. ...WhhhHHHHhhhhHHHHhhhhhhHHHHhhhhYYYYyyyyyyyyYYYyyYYYyYYyyyyyy! Why would you do this to my poor aching heart!? noooooooooooooOOOoooOOooOOOooo...*sobs pathetically*
NHarem Foreva chapter 17 . 4/8
He stole it to cause another disaster, like all the sea life dying, to drive moana to travel with him once again, to make him return the heart!