Reviews for Birdseye
A Crow on the Wall chapter 1 . 4/21/2013
So, final instalment! I love the daunting quality to this piece, the impending sense of doom and dread felt by each of the protagonists, while Harry and Lucius remain the only calm island in the whole event. And of course, the last line made me laugh out loud. It's so *them*!

Clever use of French, by the way! Being a native French speaker, I only saw two very small errors ("gentille alouette", two L's to gentille, and Lucius about to kill the lark in the second one is using the polite verb form "vous", where it should be the casual one "tu" for an animal) in the whole series, except of course for the normal lack of accents, which is really good in a mass of fics with so much broken French. Good job on the language, and of course, good job on the story itself.

Thank you for sharing your wonderful writing!
So1Thought chapter 1 . 3/31/2013
Love the last line!
lusciously Lucius. ;DD
Tuinne chapter 1 . 6/8/2012
I have been looking for this story EVERYWHERE. The one in Archive in the End of the World...did something to my pc, killed it actually.

This is the only LM/HP that touched me to the core. I think it must be the dialogue that did it but it was so...magical and melancholic that I was actually feeling with them. They are a bit loony too but given the circumstances, it makes them even more complex and fun to read.

Thank you so much, I found this at last...after 3 friggin years!
Nocturnal Smile chapter 1 . 1/29/2011
I had no idea there was a third installment until just now, I came upon it in a community. This made my night! Everyone's nicely in character, and the people they ended up with was interesting. I like how Ron and Hermione didn't end up together, sort of didn't think their relationship would work out.

I like how you ended it with the lovers, despite all the confusion that everyone else is going through, those two have found and made their own haven. Loved it!
Jerrika chapter 1 . 6/26/2009
This story is amazing. The whole mini-series was so good. I can't believe how thoughtful and loving Harry and Lucius can be without being completely out of character. You gave them just enough snark and fire to make it true to life (or true to canon). Though they were both damaged and needed healing and found such comfort in each others presence... oh, just magically perfect.

Thanks for the fantastic read.
ura-hd chapter 1 . 2/17/2008
Always loved this sequence of stories. Must have read them a dozen of times already. Absolutely amazing!
BRM chapter 1 . 1/3/2008
I love the way you ended it -hugs¬°-
shogi chapter 1 . 10/5/2007
Wow... wow... Eek! Wow! I really really enjoyed this series. It was intense and crazy but wonderully well written. Great job! Holy crap... yeah, I really liked this.
azurefirewulf chapter 1 . 8/27/2007
"Harry, je t'aime, but if you don't shut up I'm filing for divorce." lol :D
Chaos Apple chapter 1 . 9/21/2006
This was a great ending to the "allouette" series. And after all three stories were dark and painful and shocking, there is just a slight joke at the end of the last, and then we're told to go our way. Wonderful.

I'd love to say more, but I'm in a bit of a rush.

Alice
Ice And Fire Vanessa chapter 1 . 9/27/2003
very humorous...especially the last part...
mortianna chapter 1 . 6/30/2003
wonderful series. I loved it. Strange and rare and very beautiful. thank you for it.
Cat Samwise chapter 1 . 6/14/2003
::smiles:: Gods, I love this.
Jayce chapter 1 . 2/16/2003
Wow. as poignant as it must have been frustrating for the two lovebirds.

I think I actually fely *sorry* for Sirius. O_o
saj chapter 1 . 2/15/2003
Ah, I wanted to review this story earlier, but was down.

This is an excellent sequel to the already-wonderful 'Allouette' universe. I love how you made Lucius/Harry passionate, spiritual, hungry, disturbing, and beautiful all at once. Seeing the pair through the eyes of other characters lends an even greater bittersweet tone to not just this story, but the other two stories as well.

Each sentence you write is self-contained, beautiful in its simplicity. By the end of the story, I got the feeling that yes, all Harry and Lucius really *do* need is each other.

And of course, one cannot forget the ever-subtle and wry humor laced through these stories that is perfect, perfect, perfect. (Dumbledore in orange robes - *snort*) It caps and takes the edge off extremely tense and stressful situations. It was blended so well with the almost perpetual sorrow woven into this series.

All in all, the whole series had the qualities of a dream - distant, haunting, ephemeral, surreal, tragic, and beautiful. I would liken my reading of this as one who views a distant star in the night sky, wondering if there is a whole other universe out there in which its inhabitants act out and live their every day lives.