Reviews for Rejection: A Double Edged Sword
SHIKHAR BRAJESH chapter 77 . 6/29/2022
Um.. is this story left in the wind? Cant bear the fact.
Guest chapter 77 . 6/18/2022
also umm, is ginny going to be seeing action? showpiece mode ginny feels like a lot of wasted potential (the one thing I dislike about canon)
Sup2.0 chapter 77 . 6/18/2022
No, no, you can’t… you can’t do this to me…

At a moment like this! I’m choking here xD

I left fanfiction behind 3 years ago… and recently returned to wallow in nostalgia. It took a while for me to find this story again, until the name spontaneously popped into my head. I knew I’d never forget it. Only after re-reading it and nearing the end tho, did I remember that it was unfinished, and all those days spent waiting for new chapters came flooding back.

It’s such a beautiful story, and ofc I’ve read far too much Harry/Ginny for my own good, but still – this story still gives me butterflies when I read it. Chapter 33 and 74, especially. While the characterization and spag isn’t always perfect (and I never really agreed with revivals), I love the way the plot unfolds, and the awkwardness and uncertainty is fantastic. I’m so glad you didn’t make them rush into anything; your pacing is masterful. Also, can I comment on how perfect the title is? I absolutely love it.

It’s now been over a year since the last update, which is so saddening – you can’t leave a story unfinished like this! I’m hoping against hope that you’re only taking a break, and will return someday as I did. Just so you know, I (and loads of others, I’m sure) will be here, patiently waiting for you. Until then v
guest chapter 77 . 6/16/2022
when do you plan to update again?
Lolkar chapter 77 . 6/8/2022
Love this story.
NikeShady chapter 77 . 5/5/2022
Dear brooklynvtc,

Thank you for the great story! I'm sorry I didn't leave reviews earlier, but I just discovered it and read it all in one go in a couple of days (yes, it's been a pretty free-for-all days and that's all I've been doing)! First, let me tell you that I'm really enjoying it and can't wait to get to read the rest. I know it's not easy to maintain the desire to write and the integrity to write the story the way it deserves to be written, without looking for shortcuts. So, kudos to you!
I really like the way Harry and Ginny's relationship evolves, I like being able to see the story from her point of view as well, and I like how everything progresses gradually, without sudden jumps that would be unrealistic. This of course applies to both the more physical aspect of their relationship, as well as the emotional one. If anything, perhaps I would insist even more on the fact that Harry and Ginny are "imperfect", not in the sense that they are not perfect together (they are!), but in the sense that they are still inexperienced kids, and that they lack the maturity to not unintentionally hurt each other, to not make mistakes, rash, impulsive choices (and let me be clear, I'm not referring to their sex life). Above all, Harry is a boy who is often as impulsive as he is insecure, and I'm glad that you occasionally show him that way. If I can give a little advice, I'd like to see more of Ginny's flaws too, her difficult and not ideal sides: I think it could give depth to the character. That said, you are the author and you know how to continue the story.
I really like the way you gave relevance to the issue of the Dursleys' family abuse, I think in the original books it wasn't explored enough. Again, maybe I'd push this trauma a bit more, to show how the path to overcoming it also has fallout (one sees this indirectly in Harry's insecurities, but I'd perhaps make it more explicit). I also like how you approached the relationship between Harry and Ron and Hermione. I'd love to see more of them in the scene, and also see how the relationship between the two of them goes. Maybe I'm being a bit sadistic, but again, I'd like to see them more problematized - I think, again, it would be interesting to see how Harry (and Ginny!) can help them, or more generally fit into these dynamics. Also the inclusion of secondary characters I think could do the story some good, as it was in the beginning with Dean and as you're doing now with Malfoy, whose development is, I have to say, the most intriguing thing in the whole story. I'm more skeptical about the choice to have Harry's parents brought back to life - not as a narrative ploy, because the issue of Death and Harry's new quest is original and interesting, but because of the balance between the characters. Maybe I'm wrong, but in my opinion it's no accident that they weren't present in the original books: as much as you characterized them very well, and as much as I really enjoyed their bantering, really well written, I think they unbalance the cast of characters. It's not easy to describe this sensation, but it's as if on the one hand they're too imposing as figures for Harry to take a back seat when they're in play. On the other, just so that the whole story doesn't center on them, you're forced to often leave them in the background, not naming them for entire chapters, or leaving them in the dark about plot things that must relate to Harry as he is the main charachter. This causes some friction in the plot (Dumbledore doesn't mention Death to Harry's parents?), and may perhaps cause more of it in the future when the war breaks out for real. Again, I have faith in your writing and I'm sure you'll find a good solution.
This last point leads to the most difficult question, in my opinion. The balance of this story. I'm the first one to be very long-winded in my writing, and I enjoyed the many details and episodes you told, each one, or almost all of them, capable of adding further nuances. The "problem" is that after 70 chapters we are still halfway through the sixth year. If indeed, as I hope with all my heart, your intent is to get up to the defeat of Voldermort, as is plausible, given the issue of Death, then I think we are looking at another, I do not know, at least 100 chapters? The advice that others have given you, to only mention in passing the plot issues that we already know from the book, seems sound to me. I would add to it that you should only delve into them in relation to the new relationships between the characters, so we can see, for example, how Harry deals with a certain thing now that he has Ginny by his side. The question to ask is, does the story want to be an original rewrite of the last two books, with new elements added, or does it want to focus on the human and romantic relationships between the characters? Both paths are commendable, and finding a balance between the two is as difficult as it is important.

To conclude this very long review, which I hope you've enjoyed, let me reiterate how much I'm enjoying the story and looking forward to reading the sequel. I will try to do reviews, albeit shorter ones, for future chapters. Your passion for writing and your perseverance are an example to me!

NikeShady
Guest chapter 77 . 3/28/2022
Please continue with the story, this is the best hinny story I have ever read. It’s heartbreaking that this story is not complete
r2c chapter 22 . 3/27/2022
Ok this shitting on Dean is pretty tiresome actually
siennadarren48 chapter 77 . 3/22/2022
love this storyyy... when will the other chapters be updated?
Guest chapter 77 . 3/22/2022
I really like the story, it has been a long time since the author updated it. Does it end here only or has it been published someplace else?
Picachu chapter 29 . 2/24/2022
Ahhh, just don't take them seriously...I don't think they are in their senses while giving such reviews...I think it is a really really amazing fic I've read...I just wonder when they are going to be Finally TOGETHER.
bianagirl1020 chapter 15 . 2/24/2022
UPdate! This is great!
Arrowkid21 chapter 77 . 2/21/2022
Please update soon!
Arrowkid21 chapter 73 . 2/18/2022
It's a little naive of him to believe she would sit this out. It's not in her nature
Unknown 649 chapter 29 . 2/12/2022
I don't get why that person thought the chapter is bad. You're not making Harry look bad at all. I absolutely loved the book up until now. I usually don't read fanfictions with so many chapters as I have little patience but even though I saw that this story has 77 chapters, after reading the first few chapters, I was curious to find out what happens at the end. Up until now, I know I will not stop until I finish reading this book. Don't listen to what that person says. I like where this is going and I now there are a lot of other readers who will agree with me. Not everyone's supposed to like this but if they don't they have no right to judge the book like that. They just shouldn't read it if they don't like this. I love how handled that comment !
1,721 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »