Reviews for Heart Is Black
sleepywitchysamurai chapter 20 . 2/4
I have spent two days reading your story and I'm spellbound. Hotdamn, this story is freaking amazing, held me in its grips and I just couldn't stop reading. the characterization, the story telling and the way you were able to bring the story to life, wow, chefs kiss!

I don't think Ivar will hurt her physically, perhaps emotionally. I really want her with Ivar but I also don't mind her with Ubbe, either. Aaagghhh! I do think space from the brothers might be a good thing considering that whatever respect she had from the other men seems to have been negatively affected. Fudge. It's always women who suffer in situations such as these. So I definitely think going with Bjorn would be a good idea
weirdo.4.life.808 chapter 20 . 12/4/2019
I love this story. I come back once a month to see if you’ve updated
HellToTheNo123 chapter 17 . 9/1/2019
Hope you update soon this is my third time re-reading this story I love it
Littledot chapter 20 . 8/29/2019
I love this story! It’s my favorite Vikings story right now. I hope you are able to update.
Guest chapter 20 . 5/26/2019
Absolutely brilliant! I love this story so much!
Shantigal chapter 20 . 5/11/2019
Absolutely love this story. Please update soon.
Guest chapter 6 . 4/29/2019
Love this chapter! Hvitserk for the win!
Guest chapter 5 . 4/29/2019
I’m rooting for Hvitserk all the way!
Guest chapter 1 . 4/29/2019
I look forward to seeing how this turns out! Hopefully Hvitserk plays a leading role as there are very few stories that feature him
ProTaggingProperly chapter 1 . 3/30/2019
Huh. Dagny will be a little naive at first? I think you just skip the rest of the Vikings plot in every episode and just drooled and fantasized about muscles. Nothing wrong with fantasizing about some men. But, you missed the historically accurate portrayal of a *family slave*.
You know, where it basically means anyone and everyone within the family can use and abuse you sexually? Some Viking family slaves can be *borrowed* by neighbors, too.
Why do you lot romanticize *slavery*?
Oh, you just write for yourself. I hope that you will not ever meet a real slaver. You might get the wrong idea as they take you to be sold. Or, meet a victim of sexual trafficking, you might give the said victim the wrong idea. Something toxic like *it is not rape if the perp is hot*.
Oh. Nothing happens to child family slaves? There are rules? Huh. Slaves were property regardless of gender. Furniture does not have rights.
Vikings, for a History Channel original, is as close as the Vikings of old lived (there were inconsistencies). Ragnar was never a good man. Heck, he was never even a good King. He was just better than the rest with songs and legends attached to him. His eldest is more famous.
You turned characters like TV-Ragnar and the rest of his dangerous family to boring characters.
Wikked chapter 20 . 2/14/2019
Oh, I love this! I am so torn! I love her with all there brothers. I change my mind all the time! I look forward to seeing things develop!
kksambo chapter 1 . 1/18/2019
I don’t understand how Ivar has such a hold on her. Maybe it is because I don’t like him especially in the current show season right now, I don’t know. But regardless I like the thought of Dagny with Hvitserk or Ubbe better. (The both of them, tbh.) But either of them seem like far better prospects for her than fucking Ivar! He can have Freydis for all I care. She seems his perfect match anyway, just as fucked up as he is. (Even by Viking standards) And what is with that Harald thing? One line said he was disappointed at hearing she slept with Ubbe. And Hvitserk himself thought something along the lines of Harald “maybe caring” about who she bedded? So is the hopelessly romantic Harald interested in making her his bride then? Or at least sleeping with her? I’d genuinely like to know because for one, I LOVE Harald and so would love to see him as a more DIRECT part of your story. And two, I’ve noticed Dagny doesn’t have much of a relationship with anyone AT ALL outside of Aslaug’s son’s. I'd like to see that change. Like I enjoyed her little interaction with Halfdan for example, where she thought of him treating her like a brother would a sister. It was very brief but as I said, I enjoyed it and would like to see that further explored. So back to Harald, do the implications that he might be interested in her have any merit? Its hard to determine because we haven’t read him and Dagny interact at all. So I hope that changes. Even if there is nothing to it like I assume or nothing comes of his hypothetical interest, I’d still like to see him featured more if possible. Also, I just really want Dagny to form other relationships besides those she has with the boys. They are her life obviously, and that doesn’t have to change. Neither do I want it to. But it doesn’t have to mean she can’t grow and evolve outside of them and have other parts to her life besides them. Cuz’ as I said, she seems to literally have no REAL form of interaction/connection with anyone besides them whatsoever...
Guest chapter 20 . 1/18/2019
I love this story. I love your writing. I love the complexity and character development of Dagny. I also really like and enjoy reading about her friendship with Hvitserk and Ubbe, though I am really wishing that Dagny and Ubbe end up together. I feel like the two are intertwined in a way that makes me believe they are meant to be together. I really do believe, that after Dagny turns away from Ivar, which if you follow the show, (then I thinks it’s enevitable she will) that her and Ubbe have their chance at starting something so warm and pure. I just really love Dagny and Ubbe together and and I am holding on for them.
Guest chapter 20 . 1/5/2019
This is so good
Romanceismyjam chapter 20 . 12/31/2018
love when I get the emails about this story being updated. I loved this chapter and it was refreshing to see the story from Hvitserks POV. plus, I'm still holding out hope for Ubbe. can't wait for the next chapter!