Reviews for Heirs Of Arda Completed
Guest chapter 17 . 8/27/2014
WOAH, ya mean Grima Wormtougne?
shine lots chapter 1 . 4/9/2012
Where is wicked games? I really want to read it, but can't find it.
applesauce.the.brave chapter 1 . 4/8/2007
like it
faramiriel chapter 20 . 1/15/2007
man, why did you have to go and get me all hooked and then throw in that slash? Yuck.
sempre em mente chapter 1 . 6/14/2006
The story is good, but you killed Faramir... That's unforgivable...
Bismillah chapter 21 . 4/3/2006
Mhm, normally I'm not one for slash, but this story was beautiful. You've managed to develop and give depth to canon characters who we've never actually met. Lovely work.
saint liz chapter 3 . 1/1/2006
I SO don't understand why those boys are so.. immature in their insults/
klaw chapter 21 . 12/31/2004
very nice, i enjoyed your story alot, thank you.
Rosemary For Remembrance chapter 18 . 12/16/2004
Och, I'm teary-eyed again! You did it! Bravo! Huzzah! What a wild ride! Awesome story, it'll go down in history! Beautiful! I'm off to read the ep.'s!

Nice twist at the end I might add,

Mo
Lady Amaurea chapter 21 . 12/14/2004
I really enjoyed this story. I liked how you extend the story with the epilogues. The way you showed the strength of their friendship was beautiful. I was disappointed that Elboron died. I would have liked to see him marry and have children, but his death was another of your surprises. Continue to write stories, you have a wonderful talent!
Ferret Kunoichi chapter 19 . 12/14/2004
This is a beautiful story. I hope I have friendships like that.
daw the minstrel chapter 18 . 12/14/2004
I found the first part of this chapter to be a compelling read. I kept pushing along, wanting to know what was going to happen next. And Orthale's line about all three heirs being killed, I caught my breath.

These three have really grown up and not just in "body mass." "Even if all three of them died today, it would be well as long as Orthale's ambitions were foiled"-I thought that line showed how far they've come. Elfwine, at least, is thinking in larger terms. And he's showing that he can fight when he has to, although quite plainly he takes no relish in it. He's like Faramir in that, an attitude I've always liked.

The retaking of Minas Ithil was thankfully done mostly in summary because it would have been too horrible to see the detail. And then we see the wedding with Hama, too, having grown up. The end made me laugh.

This has been a good read. I enjoyed it.
Rose7 chapter 17 . 12/13/2004
Wow...I'm still reeling from the death of Faramir and Eowyn...wow. The boys are all growing up, and coming into their own as your title indicates, the "Heirs of Arda". Wonderful job and hope to read more- happy writing!
Kielle chapter 17 . 12/12/2004
In reply to "daw the minstrel" (previous quote):

Daw, no offense, but I don't think you've been paying attention to the history woven through the entire storyline, based in both book and movie canon. The Dunlendings were forced off of the plains a dozen generations ago because the then-Northmen (Eorl's people) were granted the plains by Gondor in reward for a great victory in battle.

In other words, the Dunlendings hate the Rohirrim for being arrogant foreign usurpers. The Rohirrim hate the Dunlendings for being "dirty savages" who raid their herds, pillage their herders' holds, and (when convenient) fight on the side of Sauron. Neither side WANTS to get along with the other - they want the other side dead!

Thus this marriage is roughly the equivalent of a white sheriff on the hard West frontier in the 1800s finding out that his starry-eyed book-learnin' son has brought home a "wild" girl from a hostile native tribe. Even if her own family/tribe agrees to it, what about all the other local tribes? What do THEY think? This is trouble with a capital T! Luckily this is something that can be hammered out with luck and cleverness on both sides, but it takes time, and no: neither side is going to be thrilled with it in the meantime...

PS to all: This story seems to have stirred up a lot of discussion which cannot be properly addressed in comments. Thus there is now a Livejournal community (HeirsOfArda) you are welcome to come join. I'll be crossposting this there. :)
daw the minstrel chapter 17 . 12/12/2004
In some ways, this courtship is something the fathers should welcome. Elfwine is going to be king of the Mark. A marriage like this one would be traditional in powerful families trying to build allies and settle wars, and here the young couple is in love!