Reviews for The Last Homely House
Elentarri chapter 1 . 9/29/2010
Hello

Can you please please please finish this story or write another one with Aragorn and his Dunedain?

I like your fanon stuff alot too :)
sielge chapter 18 . 1/21/2007
It's a pitty you had not finished this story...

Will you finish it some day? I hope so!
sielge chapter 18 . 12/6/2005
Will you finish this one someday? I hope so!
Imhiriel chapter 18 . 1/25/2005
Evocative and inventive descriptions, good cast, original and very well executed premise of having the children as view point characters. And the children and their exploits are entertaining without being in any way saccharine - well done. Even though I don't always agree on the picture you paint of Arnor and its inhabitants, nevertheless, as in all your stories, it is overall very well thought out, logical in itself, interesting, and enjoyable.

Some niggles:

- even if you do change some things and mix films, books and fanon and so have some leeway, I still find it highly improbable that Elrond would reveal Aragorn's lineage in front of the dwarves, more so on their first meeting. 1) They are total strangers, and AFAIR even Saruman (who is, after all, head of the White Council) knows by the time of the WotR nothing of Aragorn's identity, and 2) IMO it isn't even necessary for the plot, as their knowledge or ignorance doesn't impact in any way on the progress of the story (the only one who's knowledge is "used" is Bilbo).

- mistakes occuring in practically all your stories: sleander instead of slender, Westerness missing the -e at the end.

I see you haven't updated this story for almost two years - I do hope you haven't abandoned it, I'd really love to know how it would go on!
chevalier Ryu chapter 18 . 1/3/2005
will you continu this fic ? I really really want you to do it , it's a wonderfull fic and I want to know what appens in the next chapter. I find your idea of the ranger society facinating and so far you're the only author I read in english or in french that developed it so deepely. and sorry if I made errors , english is not my first language.
Elaine chapter 18 . 12/10/2003
Please carry on with this one. You can't leave them at the fair forever...
Nascha14 chapter 1 . 2/13/2003
Very well written! I loved it and learned alot about tolkien's works that I didn't know! Write more Please!
lurker2209 chapter 1 . 2/13/2003
This is a great story. I can't wait for you to finish it! And it might be a little easier to read if it were spit off into chapters!
Guest chapter 1 . 2/13/2003
This is cute! Me Like. I was a little confused though about the characterization. Maybe you could explain who the kids are in the very beginning. It made me get lost a lot. But it's good! Just kinda complicated. :) More soon!
Dragon Confused chapter 1 . 2/13/2003
Heya!

Really nice fun story - I read it all in one go. I did find it a little long, and since you already have "chapter" divisions maybe you could split it up into chapters? It'd make it easier not to lose my place.

anna chapter 1 . 2/13/2003
hi! i havent finished your story yet, but it starts out very good! very lively description of charcacters, the children acting like children, not too cute... it really relies the feeling that imladris must be a wonderful place to grow up.

i stumbled over one thing though: aragorn doent learn of his heritage and his real name until he reaches maturity. the whole point of his being raised in imladris is to protect him, hence, to keep his true identity a secret. so its highly improbable that elrond intriduces him in front of a large company, strangers, dwarves to boot! the same goes for the display of ancient heirlooms.

maybe you could change these things? it would be a pity to make something like this flaw your otherwise very fine story. remeber, there are a lot of canon-wise readers around, and they will all love your story better if you keep to the facts...