Reviews for Business as Usual
This is a silly ending that I don't like at all (still better than Worm's though). Vlad adapted to cape flavored bullshit too quickly and seamlessly. The weird narrator interruptions completely ruined whatever bits of gravitas and/or tension you could inject to the story. And while I don't remember the magnitude of magic sword healing from original books, what's on display here is dumb nonsense even if it's canon (especially if it's canon, but that wouldn't actually be on you, author).

But it's still a crossover fanfiction that's actually completed, which is a great victory by itself (no matter how severely flawed). And taking such a big dump on Earth Bet by overwriting it like this at eleventh hour would be rude and in bad form if it hadn't gone to shit halfway into Worm itself.

I give you a 6/10, author.
Weird kink but okay.
That was just obnoxious. Shame on you, author.
We know he won't die, author. All this buildup is being wasted.
Joe Lantrip chapter 1 . 5/25/2021
Vlad Taltos! Awesome idea. Looking forward to this story.
Cheiromancer chapter 5 . 12/23/2018
I love the story, but here in Chapter 4 I found the side comments very confusing and distracting. It breaks immersion something awful.
Flutters Is Shy chapter 29 . 6/22/2018
Well that was an entertaining ride~
SixPerfections chapter 29 . 9/16/2017
Well... this was quite a ride. Not at all what I expected. Well done. Man, so much left to the imagination. Also, am I missing something? What was it exactly that Verra was trying to keep from Vlad in the last Epilogue? I feel like it should be obvious but somehow i'm just not seeing it. Anyway, fantastic piece of work. Even if it wasnt that popular I have to say this is magificent quality. For sure deserves high praise. Thank you. Will check out your profile and see what else you have written. Well done sir. Well done. Any thoughts for a squel?

SixP
SixPerfections chapter 2 . 9/16/2017
I havent read Dragaera since I was a young teen, and this is bringing back memories. Love it. Thank you, and enjoying it very much thus far. :)
Nerfhearder69 chapter 29 . 6/21/2017
Meh, didn't quite see that ending, but anything that garners the Dzur and Kenta pain cannot be all bad.
tenchifew chapter 29 . 2/20/2017
Interesting story.
Thank you for writing.
Mingyu chapter 29 . 2/18/2017
First things first, great story! Thank you very much! But now I have to find and read yet ANOTHER series thanks to you (that would be Dragaera). I hope you feel proud of yourself. :p

Vlad has an interesting way of solving problems...it really is too bad he couldn't meet Taylor. There were a couple more people/issues I would have liked to see Vlad's take on, and I was a bit disappointed that he didn't try to keep the Pillars going and just ally with the Undersiders. But, all in all, I'm happy with the length and where the story ends.

One thing I thought you did frick'n amazing at was conveying how much of a threat Lung is! Most of what I read from Taylor's POV was buried under her omni-focus and psuedo-detachment as he's ramping up. Vlad's stuck mainly with what's in front of him, and I will forever remember the scene where Lung peeks out of the TOP of the hallway! I got the chills from that!

So yes, thank you for yet another awesome (and complete) story! Looking forward to the next one!
battybiologist chapter 29 . 2/17/2017
Fascinating stuff, and great writing too. A few points:

1) I haven't read Worm, so the explanations are helpful while vague enough to not completely blow it for me if I ever decide to (though I'm not a huge fan of superhero stuff).
2) Your grasp of Vlad and Loiosh voices is quite good. That said, there are some points where it seems a bit off - yes, you could explain it by the Earth immersion but I think they're pretty set in their internal voices at this point. Rocza in particular isn't nearly alien enough. Also, Verra is definitely off.
3) Lots of unanswered questions on the ending - planning for an eventual sequel? I like the angle you took with Vlad, though I don't think that's the route Brust is going to go with in a lot of ways.
4) I ship it.
5) I understand Vlad needs a power boost to compete in certain settings, but it's definitely quite noticeable here. Good job on the twisty thinking.

And of course, quite well-written and interesting enough to keep me reading all the way through in one sitting.
Bobboky chapter 29 . 2/8/2017
very good work
Farmerbob1 chapter 29 . 2/4/2017
I'm conflicted about the review from BartHumphries.

On the one hand, he apparently liked what he read, and has, apparently read other things I've written. But he seems to object to Vlad Taltos being Vlad Taltos, and doesn't seem to care for the fact that Vlad is an Out Of Context problem for Worm characters. It must also be noted that the Wormverse is also an out of context problem for Vlad. One place where the review is flatly wrong is equating Vlad's morals with Superman. Vlad very much approves of killing, though not as casually as he used to, and tries his best to be deceptive and hide some of his abilities from everyone, including allies.

Vlad does have a hidden advantage that not even he is aware of, though I tried to drop a few clues before the end to prepare the reader for the second epilogue reveal of what Verra was actually doing.