Reviews for Magic and Man-Made Monsters - The Ancient Man
liron-aria chapter 9 . 12/3/2017
And the plot thickens! I am very curious about this Marked One business, it looks really cool!
liron-aria chapter 8 . 12/3/2017
omfg you addressed the abandoned warehouse issue god bless you 3333

“Every bit of physical evidence I’ve ever collected, all in one book.” - Because /that’s/ not a security hazard or anything

“You’ve always been smarter than people think” - YES ACCURATE THANK YOU FOR RECOGNISING THIS LAUREL GOOD FOR YOU

Dark green liquid from the Mysterious Black-Robed Figure’s face? My first instinct was Bane and venom, ngl, but that clearly doesn’t apply here. Hmm…

THE RED MIST AGAIN

I AM CONCERNED

IS LAUREL GOING TO GET ABSORBED TOO?
liron-aria chapter 7 . 12/3/2017
Oh my god was Jansen the one to actually sabotage the Queen’s Gambit?

And the Mysterious Black-Robed Figure continues to haunt the shadows…
liron-aria chapter 6 . 12/3/2017
wait since when do oliver and malcolm share blood

what

what

who is swift

what is happening here

how did jeremy lance become friends with anatoly

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaat

wait holy shit jansen loss was the guy who got stabbed? Didn’t see that coming.
liron-aria chapter 5 . 12/3/2017
“Oliver might trust his team, but that didn’t mean secrets weren’t necessary sometimes.” - A-fucking-men to that.

I like that Oliver still has so many contacts outside Team Arrow, and that he’s /using/ them.

ALSO I AM AGGRESSIVELY HERE FOR OLIVER AND RAY BONDING

AS EVIDENCED BY THE ALL CAPS

RAY IS MY FAVOURITE LEGEND AND OLIVER IS MY FAVOURITE HERO SO ANYTHING WITH MY FAVES TOGETHER IS WIN FOR ME

also McKennaaaaaaaa T_T

Ngl, I’m a little uncomfortable that you brought the woman of colour back just to fridge her /

“With a nod to Oliver’s brother in everything but blood, Laurel and Diggle followed him.” - Wait, who are they nodding to? Tommy’s picture? Because there’s no other guys in the scene?

The last scene was pretty cool, if confusing because there was no description on who was who. Not just in a ‘who are they’ sense, but in a ‘who is doing what right now’ sense because they’re both men and it’s just ‘he’ ‘he’ ‘he’ all over the place. But I’m very intrigued!
liron-aria chapter 4 . 12/3/2017
The opening fight scene was choreographed really well, almost like a video game. It’s something I have trouble with (god, do I hate writing fight scenes), so I’m impressed!

Wait why is Laurel in a hotel? Did I miss this somewhere?

EXCUSE WHAT DID THE MYSTERIOUS BLACK-ROBED FIGURE JUST DO TO LAUREL

I AM CONCERNED

Is the red mist functioning as a kind of tracker -

MCKENNA?

MCKENNA!

MY HEART /3

I AM NOT OKAY
liron-aria chapter 3 . 12/3/2017
John surprising Darhk from the back is perfect omg

Fight magic with magic; this is why he should have stuck around in S4 canon but noooooooooo like wtf Arrow writers come on

Oh, Sara… I am very curious to know more about this brother of yours.

And the Mysterious Black-Robed Figure makes his move! Buddy, if you want to find out the truth of what’s happening in this city, maybe just… /talk/ to the vigilantes? Like civilised human beings?
liron-aria chapter 2 . 12/3/2017
Oh man, so that’s who Quentin was referring to, his actual third child. That’s intense.

“Look, I’m smarter than people think, but this stuff goes right over my head.” “I know the feeling.” - HA THANK YOU FINALLY SOMEWHERE OLIVER ACKNOWLEDGES HIS OWN INTELLIGENCE INSTEAD OF BUYING INTO THE DUMB JOCK IMAGE EVERYONE HAS OF HIM

That is like. my biggest pet peeve on this show. I swear.

I like the pacing you’ve got here, and the intervals you introduce the Mysterious Black-Robed Figure, it works nicely!
liron-aria chapter 1 . 12/3/2017
“How do you build a place like this without like, fifty other people knowing your ‘secret identity’, mate?” - THE ETERNAL QUESTION, JOHN

Wait what is this about the Lance girls having a brother? Is Quentin referring to Tommy, or? Because I can see him being like a brother to Sara, but he and Laurel were distinctly non-sibling-like, and I can’t think of any other male characters close to both the girls who’ve died?

I’m glad John’s sticking around! I always thought it was weird that Oliver didn’t at least ask John for more /advice/ dealing with Darhk - John’s knowledge of the mystical is a huge resource!

And just who is this black-robed figure, hmm? I like your writing style, it reminds me of the comics!
Devon Goes to Heaven chapter 9 . 11/9/2017
So, I'm squinting during Jeremy's scenes now, because I know the spoilers you dropped for me on Tumblr. I loved the Lance sister scene and just loved how they really miss their brother. It's very touching.

Every time I see the name Blake, it makes me think of the worst roommate ever and it amuses that he's a villain. Lol. I'm waiting to see where this stuff with the Marked One goes. Good stuff.
SeleneAlice chapter 8 . 6/28/2017
please update this story soon! please!
LycoX chapter 8 . 6/15/2017
DAAAAAAMMMMMMN SON! Helluva return right here! Absolutely loved what you came up with for those warehouses! Heh, good stuff that actually makes sense too!
Andrus Tolero chapter 7 . 6/12/2017
Hmm. Short as it is, it sets the stage for anything to come. *tilts head* But if Malcolm isn't Ra's, then how did he give them access to the Pit in order to bring Sara back to life?
Andrus Tolero chapter 6 . 6/12/2017
Hmm... Jeremy was a part of the Bratva and another vigilante? Interesting bit of world-building. I look forward to seeing how you expand on it.

I liked Laurel's insights into everyone in this chapter (or was it last chapter? Binge reading can sometimes be a bad thing as things blend together).
Andrus Tolero chapter 5 . 6/12/2017
Oh, yeah, I'm wondering who these two are. Very nice suspense, building the mystery.