Reviews for Memories of Lorien
BluWine chapter 2 . 7/25/2004
Hi! Don't mind the chapter thing. I've read the whole story and just wanted to review and the rest of the chapters were screwy with the review button. All i gotta say is that this is just... *sniff* I loved this story. Haldir... I was ready to kill Haldir but then I nearly cried when he died. HALDIR DOES NOT DIE dang it! But Legolas was sweet as usual. ) Loved this story.

~~Blu
JadeGoddess chapter 21 . 6/20/2004
but if she decided she was going to live a mortal life can you just so easily change it, I was just thinking of arwen and her decision but then again arlannis is half mortal and half elf
Eil chapter 21 . 6/20/2004
I have warned you I'm a sucky reviewer right?

That was great...write more...now :-)
Roisin Dubh chapter 21 . 6/20/2004
I thought these last three chapters were outstanding! By the time I finished the Epilogue, I was all misty. You wrapped up the loose ends and had a magnificent balance between joy and sorrow.

Brava! Brava!

Please do another story soon. I would be curious to see how you handle the relationship between Faramir and Eowyn or perhaps the relationship between Eowyn and Arlannis after the Fellowship is over. They are kindred spirits in many ways...
Roisin Dubh chapter 18 . 6/17/2004
Excellent chapter. I'm glad she went into mourning over Haldir. If you truly love someone, I don't think you can ever stop loving them (you can sure be hurt and betrayed by them and angry for years, but I think a nugget of the love remains).

And I like Fromas and Legolas' approach to bringing her out of it. She's such a fierce fighter, it is a totally believable way to snap her out of it.

Post more soon! I really want to see what happens.

PS. Thank you for the review of Rose of Gondor. I'm glad you enjoyed it (Professional? I'm totally flattered!)
LOCISVU chapter 18 . 6/16/2004
Too bad that Haldir died.
JadeGoddess chapter 18 . 6/14/2004
I still don't think she told him about her decision...can she change it?
JadeGoddess chapter 17 . 6/13/2004
so I guess you sticked to movie plot but now that she choses a human life what about her and legolas?
Roisin Dubh chapter 17 . 6/13/2004
Ah! Elf arrow through my heart! Was hoping you'd keep Haldir around longer and extend the chaos brewing between the three of them.

Excellent past two chapters however. Was nice to see Haldir admit what his pride had caused, and if I'm not mistaken, it seems as if part of Arlannis is still in love with him, althought she is blocking that out.

I saw another of your reviewers wondered how her mortal choice would affect Legolas... I'm interested, too, in how that will pan out. Post again soon!
JadeGoddess chapter 16 . 6/11/2004
but if she wishes to be mortal then what about Legolas?
Roisin Dubh chapter 15 . 6/11/2004
Liked it! Not too much action, but necessary scene setting. This positions everything nicely for your next few chapters, I think.

If I was going to change anything, I would have maybe wanted to see the scene also from Haldir and Legolas' perspectives. While everyone is relieved and grateful for the extra manpower (or elfpower as it were) surely there is a level of discomfort for the two Elves who are pining for Arlannis.

Just a thought... Keep writing.

Ciao, bella.
JadeGoddess chapter 15 . 6/10/2004
so the big question on my mind is will haldir die?
Roisin Dubh chapter 14 . 6/5/2004
Finally got the chance to finish, and I'm really enjoying so far. You have a good eye for details - such as Arlannis and Eomer locking the cell door behind them to buy more time. That's something I'd expect canny Ranger and a leader of the Rohirrim to think of. I'm really looking forward to how you handle Legolas, Arlannis, and Haldir all being in Helm's Deep together (if that's where you're taking the story).

Also, didn't see email in your profile but wanted to thank you for reviewing my LOTR story. I'm working on another with Haldir but it isn't posted yet. Hope you'll stop back from time to time.

Ciao, bella!
Roisin Dubh chapter 11 . 6/5/2004
Serenn, I've really enjoyed this so far! I love how you've developed Arlannis' character and given her such depth of background and motivation. And I'm glad you put some more rationale behind Haldir's rejection into later chapters - I had been wondering about that.

I also very much like how you've made Haldir regret his actions. I would be very curious to see how the potential rivalry between Haldir and Legolas develops in the future - I don't think the Marchwarden of Lorien will be so easily put off by Arlannis recent rejection.

Hopefully, I'll be able to finish what you've done this weekend. Looking forward to reading more of it.

Ciao, bella.
JadeGoddess chapter 14 . 6/4/2004
so I don't suppose you are going to write Haldir into Helm's deep and have him die? Are you still pairing her with legolas or haldir?
69 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »