Reviews for The Same, But Different: The 74th Annual Hunger Games
RoseQueen3 chapter 23 . 12/19/2019
I know I’m not reading this until the story’s over, but I hope Sonata will go insane
YellowImBored3 chapter 15 . 12/19/2019
Autumn is my favorite
CelticGames4 chapter 30 . 10/28/2019
Congratulations! This story was so good, and I'm so happy that I had the chance to be a part of it. Glad I could be part of the support for this story through all of the ups and downs, and it was such an incredible journey as everything was unfolding. Thank you so much for writing Token so amazingly from start to the end. It was just great and I couldn't have written him better. I really enjoyed this story and even though Rielle killed my boy, I forgive her and I'm glad she could do something with her time as a Victor. This was a very sweet scene to end it all on and I thought it was very appropriate.
As for District 3 being Career-ish, it was very unexpected! But I can see why because of Rielle's Victory. The really interesting thing to me is that Four actually degraded in status. Probably because I headcanon the opposite lol. Anyways, just some musings, but I like how we could see what got to happen in this verse because of Rielle's Victory.
Really proud of you Pi. This was a really awesome story and as I said, I'm glad I got to be along for the ride. Thanks again for how you wrote Token and oh lawdy I gotta come up with an idea of Hours!
CelticGames4 chapter 29 . 10/28/2019
Aw, a cute little epilogue! It was a little confusing as the time jumped around a lot, but it's nice to see Rielle having some sense of normalcy as a Victor, with a dog and hanging out with her friends and her twin brother. It's nice that she has so much to live for and be grateful for.
Three hour recap? Gosh man, that is ROUGH for poor Rielle to have to sit through. She made it though. Now hopefully she can move forward. I think that she'll be a really good mentor honestly, if she can get past her sadness and any awkwardness with Beetee.
CelticGames4 chapter 28 . 10/28/2019
So we finally have a Victor! Congratulations! honestly, the story is already over at this point, so congratulations again! But I'll get there.
I'm glad it was Rielle, and having a first Victor is so special, especially after this ride. Interesting how the dynamics and choices changed throughout the course of the story. I understand, as I almost never follow plans that I create for myself.
Congratulations on an exciting and intense Games! And congrats to Rielle's submitter! Can't wait to see her as a Victor!
Justabibliophile chapter 30 . 10/27/2019
WOW.

And now it's over. I can't believe it. These Games have just become a part of my daily routine, but they've concluded. I always tend to get emotional when a SYOT ends, and this one is no exception. The two epilogues were very sweet. I think the change in District 3 is a natural thing based on what happened, and also interesting. The little snippet between Rielle and Dasher was sweet as well. She made a pretty good mentor.

Thank you for writing these Games, and thank you for not giving up. I hope to see you next time!
AlphaZero21 chapter 30 . 10/26/2019
aaaah, you've released the last few chapters so quickly I couldn't even get the chance to find the words for reviews lol.

But that being said, it's an odd feeling that this story is finally completed. You're a really great writer! You managed to detail every situation and every characters perspectives to such a perfect degree that no chapter felt boring or unnatural.

Thanks for having Koras and all of the other characters. It was great
Justabibliophile chapter 28 . 10/22/2019
Step 1. Lie down
Step 2. Try not to scream
Step 3. Scream a lot

Okay, before I get into my freak out session I'd like to pay my respects to Twine. I still liked her as a character, even though she was kind of at the edge of it all. And this was an intense chapter! I first read it while I was in public, so I had to try and stop myself from breathing too heavily.

Now that we're done with that: AHHHHHHHHHH. I never thought this moment would come. Rielle was one of my earlier tributes, and the majority of them were...quite bad. But she was a hidden gem, I suppose. I didn't expect her to make it too far, but as time went on I found myself rooting for her more and more. You did great with her. Thank you so much for my first Victor!

Hard to say. Possibly the Bloodbath because of how intense it was, but also possibly the pre Games chaos. Seriously, it's hard to make those parts very exciting, but you did just that.
CelticGames4 chapter 27 . 10/17/2019
Wow, this chapter was slow, but tense. I was expecting a fight, but it makes sense that it wouldn't happen.
What a great note to end it on though. Very intense cliffhanger.
I can't get over my dislike of Twine. Gosh. She's just so negative about being in the final 2! Not realizing that so many others have died that shouldn't have and she probably shouldn't even be there because she didn't do anything. She just frustrates me. A personality type I can't get behind and I really don't want her to win.
Rielle is a good girl. The guilt she's feeling is something she'll have to deal with, but I think when it comes to life or death, she'll react in the moment and then she'll feel later. That's ironic that Twine's trap didn't work because she had no faith in it. Lucky for Rielle, but quite unfortunate for her. I'm rooting for Rielle, so I hope she can put the guilt aside and win it all!
I think Rielle has the advantage of killing before and being mostly stable in terms of her will to live.
As for my weapon of choice, it would probably be a sword, something easy to use. Although, if I were living in the culture where I trained a lot and could choose something to become proficient at, it would be a range weapon like a bow and arrows.
Justabibliophile chapter 27 . 10/13/2019
Deaths or not, this chapter still had me on the edge of my seat. I can't believe the finale is next chapter.

I'm not sure what happened with Twine's trap. I guess she is highly stressed at the moment. And I sure hope Rielle can overcome her guilt and win. I still really like Twine, so I'd be alright with her, but fingers crossed.

Probably throwing knives or a bow and arrow. I'd be better from a long distance.

You are more important than anything else. I completely respect your decision. Take care of yourself, Pi. Thank you for a fantastic Games.
Rem chapter 7 . 10/11/2019
My favourite tribute is definitely Caldor. I hope he wins!
AlphaZero21 chapter 26 . 8/28/2019
We're now preparing for the finale of the story, whoa boy. I feel like I turned my back for a moment and this storys almost over, like times gone by so fast,,,

With that in mind, gotta pay my respects to all the tributes who died in this chapter. Before I go talk about Koras, Sonata and Token. I really liked both of them (I was rooting for Sonata to make it out of the games alive fun fact), it was kinda sad having to see them go. Sonata didn't go out without a fight though and honestly as suicidal as it was her jumping on the nest in an attempt to take out both her and Token just seems like such a her thing.

Now I must get to Koras, he was my tribute and seeing him finally get to a point where he couldn't continue wasn't unexpected but still his death his heartbreaking. Especially when he said goodbye to his friends and family. If I must say, I disagree with the idea that you messed up Koras. If there was anything wrong with him personally that's on me (I mean after all I submitted the character when I was still new to SYOTs and all, oof) so don't worry about it . I really appreciate that you even accepted him and he was written well with what you had. Thanks!
(Also I can't believe he made it to 3RD PLACE!)

Personally I'm not rooting for anyone between Rielle or Twine. I like them both and it'd be interesting to see either of them win.

Otherwise, if there's anything I fear it's drowning. That's about all. I'm excited for the next chapter
CelticGames4 chapter 26 . 8/25/2019
And it's time for me to update my profile again!
I had a bad feeling when there were two cannons that something went down, and as soon as Sonata was mentioned, I totally knew he was toast. That was pretty ballsy of Sonata, and she paid the price but also allowed the Victor to be a non-Career. It's just unfortunate for me because my two faves went out in one blaze of glory.
I liked Koras's death and it was very beautiful but also depressing. I'm glad he got to say goodbye and have a peaceful end, looking at the sky.
I think at that point, Rielle was just mercy-killing. And it was honestly smart of her. When it first happened I was super salty at her, but I've cooled down now and I'm not completely mad at her anymore. If anything it's Sonata's fault more than anyone, and she got what was coming to her. And if Rielle gets out, it seems she will have a compassionate heart for him, which I'm not sure I can say about Twine.
Honestly I don't even know what I can say about Twine, because I barely remember her. I don't think I was ever her biggest fan, pessimistic characters are a type that I really don't care for. In a story full of such colorful characters, she was always just kind of there. And while she could still definitely win out of realism if Rielle can't get herself together, maybe she'll grow and develop more, but I can't really remember if she grew at all because we didn't see much of her. I feel like Rielle went farther and has further to go I guess, while Twine gained confidence, but what else? Maybe Rielle dying will be a catalyst for more of an arc.
So basically the takeaway is that I'm definitely rooting for Rielle going into this finale. She played the Game, she lost a friend and bounced back, and going into this finale having actually fought someone, she has the advantage of experience. Whether she'll be able to pull it off, who knows? I wonder if they'll do the same finale as the books, with the mutts that look like each tribute. That might turn out poorly for Rielle. I think that Rielle might be able to tuck it away, though, in a matter of life or death.
Random Question: So my biggest fear is suffocation. Like, being caught in a tube and slowly suffocating, or being locked somewhere with no air and die slowly because I can't breathe. Yeah, even typing that up now is making me take a deep breath and be thankful that I'm not suffocating XD
Okay, time for just a pinch of sap. But thank you for writing Token so well! I wasn't sure if he would be the right type of character for a story like this (a partial) but he really came to life. His interactions with his allies were great and you managed to show us every part of his personality throughout the course of the Games, but it was paced in a way that it made sense and it wasn't all just lumped into one chapter. I appreciate that he grew and changed, and how badly he wanted to make things right, and though I occasionally had hope, I don't know if I ever actually imagined him as a Victor. He will rest well knowing that he outlived his bitchy allies and made his family proud, even though they will miss him. This has been an awesome journey and it's all coming to an end now! Token Watermelon, you did good son. I'll miss reading you, but your spirit will live on.
Also, thanks for the new placement! For some reason I'm prone to getting the same ones lol, but this will be a nice break from the routine.
Okay, sap over. Good luck with the finale and I can't wait to see it!
Winter chapter 26 . 8/25/2019
Hey
A friend told me to come back, if only for a little, and check on this story.
Thank you from the bottom of my heart for writing Sonata.
I probably won't be around for much longer.
Pi, you're the best. Never stop being you.
Goodbye
Justabibliophile chapter 26 . 8/24/2019
This was brilliantly written! My God, I love this so much. I can't believe it's almost over...

Koras: This was so sad... The way he tried to say goodbye and accepted the end... My heart! What killed me the most was when he looked up at the sky and remembered his home back in District Nine...

Sonata: She's one of the best young tributes I've ever seen. Her method with the tracker jackers was just brilliant. What a way to go!

Token: TOKEN. I can't believe it. Major props to his submitter. He's one of my favorites tributes that aren't mine. I'm ashamed my girl was the one who ended him. Honestly, that was such a painful way for him to die...

Rielle: I loved the way you conveyed her guilt. It was fantastic writing. I sure hope her guilt doesn't get in the way of her Victory. I think she might be able to pull through... Obviously, I want her to win, although I'm scared to hope. But Twine is also a great character and I could see her Victory as well. I guess we'll see...