Reviews for Now the light falls
redphlox chapter 7 . 2/5/2017
With all the buildup of Maka slowly trusting Soul, and all their little moments, I could sense something was coming… and a fight was not it. Ahh. I feel like I just got kicked tbh. But it fits so well – she has trust and abandonment issues, and it was bound to come up. You did spectacularly writing it! Poor Soul though, poor Maka. I feel horrible for them. But that just means that a makeup is on its way (hopefully!) so I’m excited to see how you handle that. I’m beyond curious as to what they were going to find out about Soul’s life, too, and I’m now back to crying a little bit because Soul suffered so much when he was alive.

This fic is tearing me apart, but it hurts so good!
redphlox chapter 6 . 2/5/2017
LMAO at the first scene in this chapter. And at Soul finding the track jacket – even in death he is a dork. I feel so bad for him, because he suffered so much when he was human, but seeing him happy and getting more comfortable with himself and with Maka is bringing me back to life. Soul literally leading Maka down an alley full of poltergeists was suspenseful and touching. They trust each other sooo much, and I just absolutely adored the scene where Maka finds him on the rooftop. It smoothed things over even more and brought them even closer together and I have so many feelings about that.

ALSO, I’m excited to see Sid in this! The diner scene was so pure, thanks for including that! Again, I love Stat’s bluntness, it’s so needed and a lovely contrast to Tsu’s more tactful approach.
redphlox chapter 5 . 2/5/2017
This chapter was so cute (except Maka making Spirit drive an hour away to get her stuff – ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh that hurt so so so so so much!) I love Soul and Maka’s interactions, and the ghost puns. The connection between them is intriguing – besides reveling in how shippy it is, I’m dying to find out all about it and how they’re going to deal with it. Another great thing about your writing is your dialogue – it’s excellent, witty, and fun to read!
redphlox chapter 4 . 2/5/2017
My first thought when I started reading was, “Wow, Lunar really did kill Maka, I’m so mad, I’m suffering, how could she do this?” And then I kept reading and I realized that this was when Soul was going to meet Maka and I went, “yaaaaaas!” I’m so interested in brunette Soul – wow, I had to pause and think about that a couple of times. That was great. I loved how Maka and Soul seemed to hit it off, how caring and selfless he came off. Maka definitely needed that. Also, it wounded me when Maka was SO COLD to Spirit after she woke up in the hospital – damn, it was from 0 to negative -100 really fast. Poor Maka, she’s just sooo hurt. You're doing so well portraying this!
redphlox chapter 3 . 2/5/2017
What struck me the most in this chapter is how real Maka’s distance from the people she loves is written. There's Spirit, of course, which is already so in character, but then my heart broke a little bit more when she was derailing Tsu and Star. Ahhhh! I’m also overjoyed that you added in Star, he’s such a breath of fresh air, livening the mood! I also love his direct-ness with Maka, it’s refreshing and a great contrast to how Spirit has been approaching everything.

The end of the chapter made me gasp. The whole build up was excellently executed!
redphlox chapter 2 . 2/5/2017
Right off the bat, I was drawn to young Maka – she is so innocent and cute! I love how you described her early encounters with the voices and then the shadows. It was all so clear, I felt like I was watching a movie. During the few scenes that Spirit and Maka’s mother were arguing or talking, I literally felt like I was in the room with them – there was so much tension and iciness and resentment, it felt too real. You did an astounding job at that! I’m really happy that Stein, Marie, and Azusa made an appearance in this chapter, too, and kind of disappointed that they didn’t seem to be the real deal (ie see ghosts), but it opened the doors for what came next, which, btw, tore me up into pieces. I developed a fondness for Maka’s ghosts and I’m devastated that they’re gone now! It makes me wonder where they went, since they’re already dead. This AU is so interesting. As I keep reading, I thinking about these things!
redphlox chapter 1 . 2/5/2017
I have so many feelings and thoughts so I apologize in advance if I don’t make any sense. Basically, I’m so engrossed with this AU already! I feel so flipping horrible for Soul – poor thing, he can’t catch a break. What stings the most to me is how much Wes and his parents must have suffered when Soul just disappeared. It’s haunting (pun intended, haha). The whole chapter just oozed suspense and made me jump at times! You wrote Soul exceptionally well, too. I could definitely feel his self-hatred and doubts and his fear. You just broke my heart with your vibrant writing, Lunar!
22 | « Prev Page 1 2