Reviews for Nothing to Fear (But Fear Itself)
ShadowCub chapter 2 . 6/17/2019
Shego, Kim has your number...all of them, lol.
ShadowCub chapter 1 . 6/17/2019
Your wife is always right Kim.
nslc chapter 2 . 2/28/2017
As others say, your BE is an institution which I am pleased to read every time.

I have never read about a more incompetent bunch of assassins.:)
So Shego maks proactive to a vice.
nslc chapter 1 . 2/28/2017
I can see I'm behind in my reading, a new BE.

Dr. Mr. P should be more careful with his oracle statements, they are to clear.
only-looking chapter 2 . 2/22/2017
Very nice! I keep forgetting how good these two are together. Lawyerly Shego is some of my favorite Shego. I loved the bit where she was in the pound. "I'm looking for one who's good with small children" made me laugh like a madman.

Of course, if Shego ever finds out what almost happened, poor Kim will never be able to leave the house on her own again.

As for the pop quiz, all the attempted assassins were Beatles or former Beatles (Stu Sutcliffe, Pete Best), all the schlimazels who got in the way were members of the Rolling Stones. And there were gobs of lines from Beatles songs (or covers, or tunes Ringo sang).
The Emperor of Dreams chapter 2 . 2/15/2017
Well, our contestants were as competent as advertised, and mostly innocent men had a run of bad Shego. That might have been too much monkey business for most spouses, but Kim's willing to let it be. Ain't she sweet?

She said she said in this chapter is still delightful, but I'm afraid I must disappoint you when it comes to the quiz. I know you trusted that we can work it out, and I did have a theory hinging on who's on fifth, but it didn't quite come together.
The Emperor of Dreams chapter 1 . 2/15/2017
I find myself echoing the sentiment of Mr. Markov. Although I personally prefer your stand-alone Kigo stories, Best Enemies is as close as one gets to an institution in KP fanfiction, and seeing a new one produces quite a distinct feeling of comfortable familiarity mixed with anticipation of finding out what new things you have in store for us this time.

Your dialogue is great as always, and this chapter sets up quite a few possibilities on where the story could go, any of which would be fine with me.
noncynic chapter 2 . 2/14/2017
I think there were actually 4 'no'(what's the plural of 'no'?) in that line. What a collection of loser would-be assassins. George sounds like he should have been in an asylum instead of a prison. Funny Read.
A Markov chapter 2 . 2/13/2017
So, first question- Brian Jones or Brian Epstein? Or is "Brian" the crossover between the Beatles and the Stones? I've forgotten how many fifth Beatles there were. Stu and Pete were actually in the band at some point, but Brian Epstein, and George Martin get a lot of credit as producers. Also, didn't Clapton get credit on a couple of their songs?

Anyway...

Loved the juxtaposition of self-foiling assassins and self-fulfilling prophesy. Great dialogue, fun story and a bonus Easter-egg hunt. definitely an excellent way to spend time on a Monday morning.

-Alex
gerbilHunter chapter 2 . 2/11/2017
The idiots with intentions to assassinate are very amusing. As are Shego's overreactions. I do like this little story.

John, Paul, George, and Richard are pretty straightforward, and goes with the chapter title. Mick and Keith seem to point one way, but Peter, Stuart, and Brian don't match. Nothing obvious comes up for me with those ones, and I refuse to do a websearch to try to come up with something. I admit that I don't remember the sixties all that well. Four or five song titles jumped out at me. And I don't smoke it no more, either.

I think you perhaps meant "some did _not_ want to relive horrors..."
Thomas Linquist chapter 2 . 2/11/2017
I'm not entirely sure who is more dangerous in Middleton, potential assassins or Shego. All I know for certain is that if a warlord wants to cause infinite destruction and chaos, he just has to promise an unseemly amount of money for the head of Kim Possible.

There's a wonderful scene in Babylon 5 where an ambassador is kidnapped. One gets frustrated as the deadline approaches and the demands haven't been met. "They can't be that stupid." To which another replies, "Always count on stupidity." At which point they walk right into a trap.

Okay, so which album were the titles from? I recognized all of them immediately, but can't remember the album. Abbey Road?
Drifter chapter 2 . 2/11/2017
Ah, the jocularity!
Invader Johnny chapter 2 . 2/11/2017
Shego may have won round one but clearly Kim is a master negotiator that's in a league of her own, XD.

Invader Johnny Signing Off.
scifijoe chapter 2 . 2/11/2017
OMG, Murphy went wild. This is comic gold w/some pressed Latium thrown in.
This reminds me of some old slapstick movies where everything goes wrong for everybody.
I had a good laugh.
noncynic chapter 1 . 2/7/2017
Very Good Read. Someone would have to love Shego to put up with her as you write her, I have to say.