Reviews for Surviving the Wind
gabyhyatt chapter 13 . 7/17
Great fic, i love it, please update soon
but not how chapter 24 . 7/16
How incredibly brilliant to request a time machine! I see another spinoff with what Scarlett does with the time machine in the past as well as the future. I can't wait for that fiction!
Meanwhile, like others I am confused as. To why Rhett would say to Dilcey he doesn't know why he cheated. I thought as we read previously that after Bonnie Scarlett threw Rhett out of her bed he ran to other women.
That could explain most of the cheating but not the incidence after Cat was born.
So, what gives?
There must be some excuse- right or wrong- as there must be some reason why Scarlett was Loath. To tell Rhett she cared for him. Note: I did n',t say. Loved him,, but let him know she cared. She already pretty much let him know she was comfused, but not how or why.
Such miscommunication!
Can't wait to hear more! The time machine lingers ...
heresvivi chapter 1 . 7/12
After reading almost all of the stories posted here I found myself longing for a new GWTW fanfic to read. I resisted this, and most modern GWTW stories. I prefer the original time period. But I must say that I am so happy I gave this story a chance. I absolutely love it! I am leaving this comment on chapter one, but I have already read up to chapter 27. I am reading the whole story again. And it is fabulous. Can't wait to read more!
Scarlett always was the more fit parent out of the two of them, and Rhett's committment to Scarlett was always insufficient. I have no sympathy for Rhett, but part of me is still rooting for them to reconcile.
Wiolka chapter 24 . 7/8
Will the next steps the affairs Scarlett with Richard and Rhett with Anne? Please, no. Thanks for this chapter and I cannot wait for another.
What a powerful, transformative chapter! Your writing and characteristics are spot on. I see how damaged Rhett is and feel for him. Kudos for him opening to dicey. Clearly, his main issue is with his mother, which is why he craves love from Belle and Scarlett. At least he was clear to Belle that he didn't love her as a husband/wife should, but appreciated her always being there for him, as a mother would/ should be there for a child.
I am somewhat sympathetic to his treatment of Cat. Afraid she would hurt herself, gerryand maybe Bonnie, he locked her in her room. Not sure how long that was for and why he punished her the whole weekend, or what that punishment was. He was wrong to punish her for the whole weekend. Yet all kids need limits and Scarlett is too soft on Gerry and cat. I'm on the fence on this one.
I get the sex between Scarlett and Rhett. He craves her and she's wound up over her date with Richard and yet clearly, there is still some chemistry she feels with Rhett.
Clearly, the last scene foreshadows some sex between Scarlett and Richard. I'm interested to see how that relationship develops. Will he be attracted to the volatile, cussing Scarlett as he is to the practical, more vulnerable one?
Also, really want to know what Rhett is doing with belle and why she has a key...
Please update quickly!
littlebittykittyone chapter 24 . 7/6
Dang! Each time I think that this story can’t get anymore eyepoppingly shocking you surprise me by taking it to bigger and more dramatic places! You are masterful at this sort of writing!
Lcorrea chapter 24 . 7/6
Oh, this was so good! I wish Scarlett had gone further with Richard. Only confusing part was in the beginning when Rhett is talking about Belle and Taz. I think you need to go back and review that part. It feels like you wrote twice the same part.
aw please, update!
I've read chapter 23 three times now waiting for an update :)
Please, Please update...
Saints play the Falcons this year.

That part is a little too true and close for comfort, as any true Falcon vs Saints fan would know.
i chapter 23 . 6/15
i kinda hope rhett won't go and begs her to see Dilcey to put things in perspective and calmness.
to the reviewer who asked what precipitated Scarlett & Rhett's estrangement, I found the big clue, when rereading the series of chapters. Rhett was thrown out of Scarlett's bed soon after Bonnie was born, and holds Ashley rightly or wrongly responsible for that. That was probably when Rhett began cheating in earnest, in part of pain and defiance. Also, Scarlett, per the story, also considered aborting Bonnie.
The story so far makes clear that Rhett was always in love with Scarlett, as related by both Ashley and Belle. What we don't know is if he ever told her. I gather she never told him she loved him until too late, but I could be wrong.
Please update quickly! am hooked!
I'm crushed but not surprised with how you have written Rhett. It's creative, refreshing, and actually quite realistic. You've done great at modernizing the two. Eager to read Scarlett and Philip's interaction.