Reviews for Horse Sense and Heart Sense
no part chapter 11 . 10/21/2018
Just loved it. Love Buck to pieces and especially how Kitty treats him. Wonderful insight on your part. Thank you so much.
Guest chapter 11 . 1/3/2018
Good story. I liked Buck’s pov. I despise that word too! Murphycat
sharoncuevas52 chapter 11 . 8/16/2017
Very creative and characters well rounded out
SingerMe chapter 11 . 4/12/2017
I am trying to catch up on my reading and I'm glad I got to read this one. Excellent story. Enjoyed it.
LeighAB14 chapter 11 . 3/22/2017
This was such a good story. This last chapter even brought a few tears. I really enjoyed it. Great job!
tjp chapter 11 . 2/18/2017
What an amazing story. I love Buck and his insight into his "human." Awesome from beginning to end.

Janie
Sarah chapter 11 . 2/17/2017
Great story. My list of Gunsmoke heroes used to include Matt, Kitty and Doc (Festus and Chester being partial heros). Now I have to add Buck to my genuine hero list. I hope you have more Buck stories for us. Thank you for writing.
Guest chapter 11 . 2/17/2017
Very good
LadyofDodge chapter 10 . 2/17/2017
Just grabbing any chapter here 'cause it won't allow me to comment twice on the same one. A few random thoughts: I neglected to say that I have always liked Buck, but you have made me fall in love with him, almost as much as I love his human. One of my favorite lines is when he thinks that maybe limping a bit would be a nice touch. You know, he could have taken himself down to the stable anytime he wanted to, but, no siree, he wasn't about to miss out on any of the goings on inside the Long Branch. And, of course, I love the subtle highlight when Matt looks at Buck and recognition (sort of) dawns. Just an all-around darned good and well-written story.
lostcowgirl chapter 11 . 2/17/2017
Buck is so wonderfully perceptive. Yes, life's simpler for horses. Their emotions are basic, not complicated by intellectualizing them. Still, only Kitty could get Matt past his illogical reasoning because she understands him in a way nobody else can (Buck being the non-human exception). Absolutely wonderful story that reminds us that not just the victim of brutal rape or other severe violence is effected by the trauma. Everyone who truly loves them is also hurt and has to find a way to both heal themselves & the person they love without destroying what they have with each other &/or themselves. Great job!
RBGirl chapter 11 . 2/17/2017
Buck has taken us on one fantastic ride. You have to ask yourself which of them is actually the smart one. His human seems to make a lot of bad choices. Your description of Matt's pain and guilt had my heart bleeding. When Kitty threw him out I don't know who was hurt more, him, her (or me).
I was touched by the special love Buck has for Kitty. He is forever loyal to his human but he can see the true love this woman has for Matt when he is too blinded by guilt to see it himself.
The beginning of the last chapter was great. When Buck was so frustrated, snorting and pawing at the ground. You can feel his frustration that he can't smack some sense into the big guy and tell him to "man up". Favorite line" "Matt really needed to work on his communication skills." That was excellent. Sorry to have come to the end but am looking forward to your next project
PS. Forgot about the scene where Matt looked suspiciously at Buck when he realized the horse had purposely slowed him down. Again I ask, which one is the smart one.
ladybrit chapter 11 . 2/17/2017
I just love Buck. He has such good insight into he Human Condition - especially that of two particular humans. Kitty had to work hard to get Matt too see sense but with her knowledge of how to reach into the heart and mind of Matt Dillon, she of course got him to see her side of the argument. I have really enjoyed this story so much.
Judy H chapter 11 . 2/17/2017
I didn't read this story at first because I thought it would be too silly. But, it is a wonderful story. So insightful of feelings - everyone's feelings.
I have horses, so I know that bump of, hello, pay attention to me, where have you been, etc. You must have a horse connection too.
Phoenix chapter 11 . 2/17/2017