Reviews for The Detective and the Diplomat
Tolpen chapter 22 . 4/8
Proper measurement says, that this work can be finished within two and half an hour. I quite regret I didn't save anything for later...
Tolpen chapter 5 . 4/8
Quick question: Do I have your permission to translate this masterpiece to my mother tongue (Czech) and put it on AO3 or FFnet (whatever you don't mind, I can do both),as long as I source you?
'Cause I know one or two people (or maybe three or ten) who would love to read this in Czech instead of English...
Sorry to comment once more, but the juxtaposition of these two stories led to an interesting mental discussion.

I read Vetinari's quote about how the world revolves on pain, and if there is a higher being in the world 'it is up to all of us to be his moral superior.'

And I thought, 'I don't feel that the world revolves on pain. Why do I see the world as having more good than suffering?'

The first thing that came to mind was Holmes's comment on having 'much to learn from flowers' in one of the mysteries that, sadly, I cannot recall the title of. It was a very inspiring insight. Thank you for making it possible and for the excellent story.
Now we have proof that Vetinari sleeps!

And I find it interesting how they're both described in their respective worlds as 'tall and thin' but clearly that's not an exact measurement in meters!

Excellent so far
So far, you seem to have managed both writing styles with incredible skill - and they're polar opposites! For that alone, it's worth it to keep reading. Can't wait to get to the REALLY good stuff
marmota-b chapter 5 . 2/14
Having read many, many more fanfictions in the meantime, I feel I must add that your writing style is superb, and paragraphs like the one explaining the difference between Carrot's clothes and Holmes' build are masterpieces of description and an utter delight to read.
Writing bunny chapter 22 . 8/27/2014
Good story. Except for the highly anachronistic balloons. And what would people of the Discworld know about helium and hydrogen? Otherwise good work.
Lewis the Editor chapter 22 . 5/10/2014
This is absolutely brilliant. Why don't more people write stories like this?
Phantom Dennis chapter 2 . 2/11/2014
I thought from the title Sherlock was going to switch with Sam Vimes. Wouldn't the Detective and the despot be more appropriate. It'll be interesting see how Ankh-Morporkh avoids falling apart given Holmes has never displayed any interest in something so mundane as the day to day affairs of running a government. (More Myscroft's area).
Kerowyn6 chapter 22 . 10/16/2013
I love the entire thing! Just one small correction:
GenuaItaly
QuirmFrance
Ohter than that, it's great!
Falero lero lero chapter 22 . 6/5/2013
I like your story crossover. It's wow
agn1ka1 chapter 2 . 2/5/2013
Just re-found this story and read for the second time!
Awesomely hilarious and perfectly in character. I love how well you've switched between both storylines.

Faveing now!
Raug'moss chapter 22 . 12/4/2012
It's been a while since I laughed this much. Good story!
Elizabeth Bower chapter 22 . 9/1/2012
I desperately hope I am not the only one laughing my head off at the end here...lol. To make a long story short, I loved it. I loved everything about it. Especially Vetinari mostly enjoying himself in what must have felt like a holiday, compared to his usual days of course. Excellent writing style for both the London and Ankh-Morpork scenes, and I loved both cases. The only thing that could have improved it a bit was more Vimes...Excellently written though. I really did enjoy it!
Paxloria chapter 22 . 5/13/2012
This was a WONDERFUL story!

I love it!

Keep on writting stories as good as these.

Your skill & talent is a benifit to the world.