Reviews for The Thirteenth Colony Series
Just a Crazy-Man chapter 15 . 12/30/2015
nicely done
Dun1 chapter 15 . 12/4/2015
This story is very good i liked it.
Firewolfe chapter 15 . 10/4/2015
When do we get a sequel? Great story and worth the wait. Hope you have more soon. I love this xover and you got all the characters well. I so want to see what you would do with the world when everything ends war wise.
ShadowCub chapter 15 . 10/4/2015
My mom makes that same turn, lool.

The ancients are dicks, they have so many stupid rules. All that power and they are nothing but selfish morons. I like it cause you killed Jack, I hate that guy.
RevanNaberrie chapter 10 . 9/30/2015
Ok

To the last few reviewers. This is Fan Fiction, Drop your opinions on the real world here. This is a fictional setting what could or could not happen in the real world has no bearing here and as such has no place in a story review.

Do you write the producers of the various police procedural TV shows and remind them that their main characters would be under modified assignments and internal affairs investigation every time they fire their weapons. so they should be sitting a desk for three quarters of every season.

As to the Colonial speaking modern English. Did you ever watch any of the Stargate series. Everyone in the freaking galaxy speaks English. I don't recall Daniel Jackson translating everything said by non Earthers in every episode.

Maybe you would prefer chapters to be longer put into this format?

Commander Apollo says: είστε απλά ψάχνουν για έναν λόγο για να δώσει μια κακή κριτική

Daniel looks at jack and says: he wants to know if your just looking for a reason to give a bad review.
Apex113 chapter 14 . 9/9/2015
And the US being able to conquer the entire world through numbers technology and tactics? Oh please. India and China alone outnumber the US. Russia would give America a run for its money in terms of its equipment for soldiers and ships as well as perhaps technology. Russia has 8000 nukes right now, the US has 4500. Contrary to what you Yanks think, the world does not revolve around you just because you went to the moon and have a shitload of WMDs. You guys use diplomacy first, if that doesn't work then intimidation and then finally invasion. Love, peace and the American way or whatever that ridiculous saying is? Oh please. You entire economy revolves around the production of guns and military assets. Honestly? 11 aircraft carriers? That's more than the entire world combined. Why do you need them? Your national debt is 12 TRILLION dollars. And the US would conquer the world? Ha! Your economy would go first, and shortly thereafter your numbers. Want to try your luck at world domination? Have fun thinking about what a spectacularly bad idea that was when the Russians nuke you to the Stone Age.
Apex113 chapter 1 . 9/9/2015
The chapters are WAY too long. I love long chapters, but this is ridiculous. And Colonials speaking perfect modern English? Gimme a break. That's just laziness on your part by not introducing a translation medium. And, this really tickled my WTF bone, how can you convert atmospheric aircrafts and naval ships? They're made out of flimsy materials and are way too small to have a naquadah reactor plus weapons plus engines. The atmospheric planes at any rate. And converting naval ships? How utterly unbelievable.
progomphus chapter 1 . 12/2/2014
I think you have the material here for a great story, however it needs quite a bit of polishing. A few suggestions.
1. The length of the first few chapters are too long and makes them cumbersome.
2. You commented that you are not overly concerned with grammar. You should be as poor grammar as and sentence structure make the story difficult to follow.
3. Many of your technical definitions for military hardware and protocols are repetitive and unnecessary.
4. And this one is probably the toughest, converting air force fighters and naval vessels is simply ludicrous.

I really do think you have a great story here.
Guest chapter 1 . 8/7/2014
Wow how lucky the Colonials independently evolved to speak Modern English!

Actually I am being heavily sarcastic. This is lazy writing. The Colonials actually speak a strong dialect of Ancient Greek. Would it have been too much trouble for the author to do some handwavium and invent a Translation Method?

Nil Points for lazy sloppy writing. I won't bother to read anything else written here.
edboy4926 chapter 14 . 7/10/2014
Awesome story
Please continue
Hyperion chapter 1 . 3/14/2014
The first three chapters are, IMO, some of the best fanfiction and writting I've seen anywhere, better than a lot of published works I believe.

The Chapter 4 parts, OTOH, seems confusing, strange, and out and out poorly thought out. Honestly, if you ever do continue this story or anything based around it, I might suggest keeping Chapters 1-3 but scrapping and/or heavily rewriting the chapter 4 sections.
ARIF chapter 9 . 3/10/2013
WHAT A FRAKING RACIALIST YOU ARE

WHO IS EVER USED WMD? USA

USA ACTION AROUND THE WORLD HAD KILLED MORE CIVILIAN (WOMEN AND CHILDREN) THAN AL QAEDA AND OTHER TERRORIST PLUS COMMUNIST AND DRUG LORD OF SOUTH AMERICAN COMBINE.

WHO IS THE REAL TERRORIST?

WHO IS STEALING THE NATURAL SOURCES FROM 3rd COUNTRIES AROUND THE WORLD?

OPEN YOUR EYES YOU RACIALIST IDIOT
RevanNaberrie chapter 14 . 5/7/2011
Excellent story, one of the best BSG crossover stories i have read so far.

I would suggest a mini chapter between three and four that links the two. I will agree with steve79 and say that chapters 1-3 are a completely different animal than the parts of chapter four. A chapter 3.5 that links the two could alleviate this problem.

Asguard is actually Asgard.

While the story is completely enjoyable the entire part about turning navy ships into space ships is completely unnecessary. Equipping each nation with several Asgard designed versions of the Tollan ion cannons would provide the earth with far greater protection. They could also be employed in a fraction of the time it would take to convert a ship. They could be designed to be self contained and self destruct (dematerialize) if they are tampered with.

I especially enjoyed how you utilized the original BSG. I wonder how this story would unfold if you Started writing it today with the more (skin job)paranoid/ Religious zealot BSG 2003 era characters. I would imagine first contact would not go so well.

Over a year since an update. I would hope you finish this story soon or at least post chapter 5. I would hate to see this story abandoned.
Nomadic1 chapter 1 . 10/11/2010
I want to like this story. The premise is interesting and challenging. Sadly the sentence construction, incorrect word choices and out of character dialog make it difficult to enjoy. It's a good idea just work on your technical skills.
alokin chapter 2 . 10/1/2010
Hammond smiled diplomatically, "Sir, the United States of America is a peace loving nation. There is not another nation on Earth at this time, which has a more mobile and tactical advantage than the U.S. If we were an aggressive nation we would have conquered the majority of this planet by sheer force, technological superiority, and numbers."

LOL ! THAT ONE REALLY CRACKED ME UP !