Reviews for Avengers: Battleground
Fitoor chapter 8 . 6/22
So Harry can legilimens without eye contact, and get the name Iron Monger from somewhere?

Why is he fighting close quarters? All his training from Hogwarts should have told him to fire spells first, but he went to punch a giant metal robot?

Why doesn't he vanish a part of the armour? Why not use Transfiguration on any part of it? Incendio? Aquamenti Freezing Charm? Any lightning spell that'd destroy the circuitry?

I'm not saying that the MC has to handle everything efficiently. But you have impressed on us how well trained Harry is. Then he goes and fights like a noob. That's kinda disappointing.
Fitoor chapter 7 . 6/22
How did Harry get an appointment if they didn't even know who he was or how rich he was?
I love the story but the way you just glossed over the development of Harry’s relationships was so disappointing . I was literally so excited to see Morgana and Harry become more intimate with each other, same with Wanda. But instead, we just get a couple paragraphs about how all of a sudden he’s in a harem. I get that you’re trying to work with the accelerated mcu timelineand not everyones great at writing romance but,C’MON WE’RE STARVING OUT HERE
xotinkerbella chapter 9 . 6/16
I wonder and surprisingly this literally just hit me even though I've read stories about it, but I wonder if the veil that Sirius fell through.. the veil of death or whatever is actually a veil to different universes.
Oksamis chapter 10 . 6/14
Why is Harry confused as to what a Helicarrier is? Didn’t he visit the Helicarrier a couple chapters back?
soupking chapter 21 . 6/5
Ah so the whole magical world was brought into the mcu. joy.
Incantations7 chapter 29 . 5/18
I’ve been noticing the issues with grammar here and there. Probably the biggest help that I can offer is to type everything into MS Word. There are free versions, but it can easily be your best friend when it comes to fixing mistakes, if you’re on a pc, but if you type everything out in your phone…
Anon chapter 2 . 5/16
You keep changing verb tense, very distracting.
Amargi'sNodachi chapter 4 . 5/5
Well the ending to that chapter was cheesy
Naeym Jaafar chapter 44 . 5/5
United Nations disbanding United Nations? do you means the Avengers
JManM chapter 4 . 4/29
I like the arc Harry went on and that he has found the will to grow.
Conso Anima chapter 46 . 4/28
For future readers:

This fiction starts as an interesting and fair story with a Harry who has been traumatized by the war (as in the summary). He has some extra powers, yet doesn't seem too OP from the get-go. It does not stay that way. Some are fairly realistic, seemingly. Some are ass-grabs. Harry does not change one jot-no character change, no growth, no care. Friends come back? Barely refers to them besides plot. Avengers supposed to be a team, a family? Still shows some disdain towards some, and never shows that connection outside of movie scenes, where it does not prevent Harry (or companions) from spearing others verbally.

It hits the MCU plot points (mostly) religiously, with little deviation save 'Harry is there too, and he's awesome. They fail because plot.' The story is a pell-mell, race-to-the-finish with little regard to showing characters in other situations. Beyond bashing, there is little substance of note beyond plot.

Grammar and spelling are poor, overall. While not a significant barrier to a degree, as I have read stories dictated (a la AppoApples, who I feel has a relevant and understandable reason), it is still fairly severe and muddles passages.

For all the noise of 'Harry is a righteous King!', his actions late in the story describe a tyrant, a King tied to his own self instead of the duties to his people. This is in deliberate juxtaposition to earlier in the story where he DOES do well as a momentary step-in for Thor. Speaking of, Harry himself wildly swerves from 'somewhat understandably cautious and scathing' to damn near murderous, unrepentant, apathetic, pathetic, and uncaring.

Actions taken by all and sundry characters in this story bounce between almost perfect (Harry early in the story, to Asgard, etc.) to absolutely dumb. The plot arbitrarily changes intelligence of most involved, at times when it's needed most. Powers come and go as plot demands. Resurrection Stone is Soul Stone? Whoops, plot demands it stolen even if Harry is 'Master of Death' and it shouldn't. Reality Stone given to Wanda? Nope! Ends up in Knowhere with no aforethought. Power Stone, having NO business on Earth? Yup, God-King Harry had it. At least the loss of this one made sense-asking Heimdall to hide it away...until Thanos not only STILL picks it up, but it's done with no warning. Why would Heimdall not keep an eye on it?

Also, aliens in contact with the Magical side of Harry Potter is asinine-particularly since Harry brings them to the MCU via Reality Stone, and there is almost no time for that to begin, as Civil War is basically when Thanos starts in this story...and Dark World is when they're brought back. The Wizarding World then somehow gets over itself, gets over its slow pace, and contacts aliens, has meaningful dialog, AND isn't viewed as ass-backward? Yeah, pull the other, it's got cow bells for the Alps.

There is also an unreasonable amount of hatred for any and every government, bar almost literally none. Yeah, the stereotype of slime exists for good reason. But this treads the water of toxically, irredeemably stupid. And yes, because of the ending chapters, Harry Potter becomes this too.

To wit: This story is poorly written, poorly planned, poorly paced, poorly characterized, and had astounding amounts of possibility (Morgan le Fay? Wizarding World? Harry's actions changing ANYTHING of substance beyond being a focus-time-character sucking vortex?) that left me frothing at the mouth. So many good or interesting points...so many good or interesting moments...ruined by everything else it touched.
mcanal chapter 40 . 4/12
DUN DUN DUN DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUNNNN *epic music intensifies*
kristinamanga chapter 22 . 4/9
Potter en plus de ramener tout le monde magique, il a ramené tout ce qui était méchant... XD cela va créer encore plus de problème...
Innovative maniac chapter 24 . 3/28
I feel like you kinda of ruined story moment you brought back magical Uk. Love you story, but it doesn't have same vibe anymore
4,685 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »