Reviews for Anytime, Brother
Luvreading67 chapter 1 . 4/27
Awww
They certainly had a connection
ZoeyT chapter 1 . 6/8/2017
Good story. I like the quiet moments between brothers. I can't even imagine how hard it would have been for Johnny to accept that someone actually cared about him. And Scott, although he had someone who cared and a home, never had what Johnny gave him. Lovely.
solista chapter 1 . 4/3/2017
Thank you Cristy, a wonderful 'brother' story.
Guest chapter 1 . 3/2/2017
Two half brothers, still strangers to each other, but guardedly learning about one another. This piece is beautifully crafted to explore their building bonding. It also hints that a solid foundation is being layed, that will
Support a bond, even stronger than blood...
Thought it was interesting to have Johnny bring up the incident regarding Wes. ( reviewing the saloon scene, on You/Tube...got the impression that Johnny initially wishes that Murdoch had send Scott to see him. Perhaps in the future, you could also write about the beginning bonding
Between Murdoch and both his sons. They too are strangers, still at this point).
But, here, to take the Wes incident, and elaborate on its
Importance and significance,to the present and the future, of growing brotherly love, was nicely designed.
Nice tie in with the title.
March 2, 2017 .
Guest chapter 1 . 2/21/2017
This is wonderful. Captures the still tentative relationship between the brothers. The sort of writing Lancer needs. More please.
twobrothers chapter 1 . 2/21/2017
Short story but very nice! Love the way Johnny and Scott care about each other but are still feeling out how to express it. Hope you write more soon (and possibly a longer story.)
RK4SL chapter 1 . 2/15/2017
First time I read this, I noticed the references to glass thruout. This time, what lodged in my brain was fingers swollen up like sausages... been there! Beautifully written, so evocative of the brother's growing relationship. Scott still treading lightly - swapping quips and slaps is one thing, trading personal feelings is quite another. They will watch each others back. Good thing, because Murdoch is still tending to let them go to easily. Even grown men need to know they are wanted and needed.
Adri Lancer Fan chapter 1 . 2/15/2017
Ah, sweet Cristy, you made me to dream with the man !
So nice to see how Johnny is taking care his brother, love the way he told him that the next day Sam would pay a visit . And of course, this story has a sense, a very important connection with what will happen in Legacy.
Thank you so much for this story . I love to find you in the role of writer . You have done so well !.