Reviews for The Peace Not Promised
Great chapter!
SkyRose16 chapter 1 . 5/25
Great chapter!
Pratik chapter 99 . 5/2
I just realized I had commented on this story 6 months earlier. It was a pleasant surprise to see my own review, Lol. Just goes to show what a beautiful treat this story is.
It would have been a lot easier for Snape if there weren't all these houses to artificially divide the Hogwarts students population in the first place. I wonder why nobody has thought to extinguish the house system yet.
Speaking of narrator using first names for Snape's POV - the narrator always uses "Susan" and never "O'Doyle" in Snape's POV. In fact, Snape himself uses "Susan" instead of "O'Doyle" when talking about or to Susan, which is quite odd considering that Snape isn't friends with Susan but is nevertheless on first name basis with her in their 7th year.

Oh, and I guess there is also Lucius Malfoy who Snape is on a first name basis with, even though they've long since stopped being friends - see chapter 54, 74, 94.
About the use of "Marlene" vs "McKinnon" in Snape's POV, actually in chapter 28 we see one scene in the chapter where the narrator uses "Marlene" and a later scene where the narrator uses "McKinnon" - both from Snape's POV. And it seems like this is the first instance that the narrator actually uses Marlene's name - the first time Snape actually sought to remember her name. I thought the narrator for Snape's POV might have used her name in the Patronus class scene in chapter 19 but nope, the narrator never used her name there, only indicated her through description.
It seems that even in the epilogue Snape still doesn't use James Potter's first name ("I can't leave my students to the mercies of Potter's lacklustre teaching so close to the finals"). It seems the only people we have definite evidence he's on a first name basis are Lily, Petunia, Albus Dumbledore (now dead), and Minerva.

If we just go by the narrator of Snape's POV, the narrator has been using "Marlene" since at least chapter 40 when Snape finds out that her brothers had died to Death Eaters, if not prior to that. (You could tell that's it's Snape's POV becuase the narrator uses "Snape" instead of "Severus" in the same scene). This despite Snape not actually being on first name basis with Marlene back then. The narrator only begins using "McKinnon" to refer to Marlene in chapter 52. Even then, it's inconsistent; in chapter 88 the narrator of Snape's POV uses "Potter" to refer to James and "Marlene" to refer to Marlene when Snape finds out that Lily is unconscious; earlier in Snape's POV the narrator used "McKinnon" one sentence and "Marlene" in the next sentence. So the narrator is unreliable in determining whether somebody is on first name basis or not.
Although not stated explicitly, there are some hints that Snape may have gotten over his hatred of Amelia:

"Amelia Bones chose too to take to the front. A choice that surprised Snape very little, despite knowing the woman in his lifetime as an arbiter then judge. But having taught her now in the craft of battle, he knew her skill with wand and spell."

completely nonjudgmental comment
Something that was never addressed at the end of the story. Does Snape still hate Amelia Bones?
amilesmiles chapter 1 . 3/26
A beautiful story that I completely loved. 8.8/10
"Like I keep asking about Sebastian but she just keeps telling me no records of him exist."

Because Sebastian was only ever a nickname that they went by at school. I don't think they or their guardians ever signed the paperwork at the Ministry to officially change their given name to Sebastian.
This is complete bullshit. Just let the relationship develop naturally. No need to rush things along by making Lily pity love Snape.
How many times in this fanfic has Snape been described as "a mother hen"? There was once in chapter 33 and once in this chapter.
Avery saved Snape's life. Because if he didn't find Snape's silver ring and give it back to Snape, Snape would have died in the final battle against Voldemort.
leoamaatodos chapter 99 . 2/29