Reviews for Mushoku Tensei - Re:Vengeance
PSYCongroo chapter 20 . 8/11
I love that he told Roxy his secret, it seemed to be the only way not to completely destroy Roxy's self-esteem and on the other hand it also shows well the emotional problems that OldRudeus has, even if his goal is revenge, it's very difficult for a human being to deny their own selfish desires.
Thanks for writing this fic, it was fun while it lasted.
Although I saw that there is one more chapter on your page, I will read it there.
PSYCongroo chapter 16 . 8/11
I don't think Rudeus will be happy when he finds out that another God is manipulating him.
PSYCongroo chapter 12 . 8/11
Beautiful chapter, we can finally see the power of Rudeus Old Man.
neverplayedmgs chapter 12 . 8/10
One of the good things about mushoku tensei was that the majority of the chapters were told through Rudy's perspective. It built a connection between the readers and the MC. His motivations, feelings and thoughts were the center of the story even when events were occurring outside of his view. The chapters that covered other characters were few and they really brought a fresh breath into the story as well being the real climax of the story.

This fanfic doesn't do that.

It tells the story of events occurring while Rudy takes a dump and picks his nose as someone other than Rudy goes through death and politics. Something that is consequential in this story but ultimately unimportant to the readers. This story would have been fine as a none mushoku tensei fic but as one it fails horribly in telling a story.

T.l.d.r. read if you want to read about oc and oc stories in somewhat mushoku tensei world. Don't read if you want to read about oldeus reincarnation.
PSYCongroo chapter 1 . 8/9
It's great that someone had almost the same idea as me about a story of old Rudeus traveling to the past to take revenge against Hitogami, although I thought more along the lines that Rudeus himself would somehow (Time and Space magic) send his Soul or Consciousness to the Rudeus of the past (like Okabe Rintarou from Steins;Gate), perhaps with the help of Orsted.
Anyway, I'm excited for this, even if it's abandoned.
TheCynicalCriticfromWtP chapter 13 . 7/23
Mushoku Tensei fanfiction usually suffer from the same problem. Most suffer from a lack of originality because of their dependency on the original plot.

This fanfiction is the exact opposite. Instead of a lack of originality, this story is original to the point of being tedious. What you're trying to do is redundant to the fanfiction and because of the amount of world building you've tried to cram in it has made the story feel stale. No one came here to read about a character that hasn't even been introduced anywhere but the Scanlations. The world building feels super forced but maybe that's just me.

The writing is amazing in quality, I just wish that was put into character growth for the actual main characters and not some one-off villains. Truly, you spent 3-4 chapters on a character that no one wanted to learn about.

This is still one of the best MT fics out there as of Chapter 13, but it still could have been much better if it just focused on the actual main characters.
Dayside chapter 8 . 4/24
wtf is this? Constant chapters about random people I don't care about.
Zeroavenger chapter 20 . 4/11
awesome
Allyzzz chapter 20 . 4/4
Finished this in 2 days, please continue writing, it’s incredible so far!
mle3461 chapter 5 . 3/27
I like your writing style and you are honestly good and writing tension and fights, but I came here for a story about Rudy, not side characters that nobody can name without opening the wiki.
Masquer Q chapter 20 . 3/26
Honestly one of the best immersion I have seen.
I can see that you make a lot of detours in your plot building. The Rou chapters were a bit hard to get through after a bit considering he was dead and also not going to be very plot-relevant, but the parallels between him and Paul is quite striking. Maybe that was intended? Or maybe not. It was still an interesting comparison. The intention behind the detours may have been to test yourself, but the result is further world building that gave us more insight for future plots. Even the tidbit of Paul not knowing how to bargain and the apprentice cowering at the thought of him being a noble was quite brilliant in showing how commoners view nobles. And that Paul sucks at bargaining.

I hope you continue the story. I’m really looking forward to Rudy’s meeting with Eris and Sylphie. He will probably spoil them to bits, though with a bit of carrots and sticks with Eris because she’s still bratty and arrogant at that age.
It’d be good to see more of Feldt, too. I can’t tell how she’d react to Rudy hanging out with Sylphie and him later going away to tutor Eris / get apprenticeship training. The mystery has its own share of fun.

I won’t rush you on writing. Sometimes, I also feel like taking a break from my hobbies for a while. But looking at this writing, I can see that you really put a lot of thought into this and must enjoy it a lot. It’s just my 2 cents that you can continue at any time, maybe even 2 lines every other day.

See ya.
ymrgf chapter 5 . 3/21
Boring. Maybe it's AU and maybe it's relevant with you plot but it's tedious to read.
Tenten1001 chapter 20 . 2/21
Please continue to update! What an amazing story.
youdogshitatthis chapter 11 . 2/20
kys
youdogshitatthis chapter 10 . 2/20
bro dont ever make stories again you shitter