Reviews for Overseer
Guest chapter 1 . 3/5/2017
Yeah, your LARP characters seem so pathetic, it forces readers to hope the S9 win.
vladspellbinder chapter 15 . 2/27/2017
Like the story. Dwarf Fortress is one of thoses games I'd like to play at some point but haven't gotten to yet. You fid a great job of mixing the game in with the Worm setting. I jus have one problem: Jack would never call Bones "Riley", that name is too tied to her old life, it's why he calls her "Poppet". It kinda threw me out of the story a bit seeing him call her that.

Other than that one thing I loved the characters, especially your portrayal of Crawler. The main character was great as were all of the dwarves.
amimai002 chapter 14 . 2/23/2017
I must admit that story was awsome, forgot to leave reviews...
DF in worm with memory editing the world is so broken, but I did love the journey here. The story turned out great!
amimai002 chapter 15 . 2/23/2017
Hmm, end or new beginnings?
amimai002 chapter 13 . 2/23/2017
For the children!

At least there weren't any zombie elephants...
amimai002 chapter 1 . 2/23/2017
You had me at dwarf fortress, and murderhobos sold it to me... but I fear this will all end in fire and magma!

Then again a dwarven atom smasher can crush anything short of an endbringer.
Greatazuredragon chapter 15 . 2/22/2017
Very interesting story, nice work.
Greatazuredragon chapter 8 . 2/22/2017
Nice story so far, good work.
Greatazuredragon chapter 5 . 2/22/2017
Hehe, the ending line from Eidolon was awesome.
Greatazuredragon chapter 1 . 2/22/2017
Very interesting, nice intro.
Zauber chapter 14 . 2/21/2017
Started out well, but i did not like the twist! Why wouldn't she be able to kill them? Plenty of other capes could. Saving the s9 was a deus ex that really didn't fit the rest of the story, and the epilogue would have made a lot more sense without riley
Mingyu chapter 15 . 2/20/2017
Hah! Even Scion didn't want to play Dwarf Fortress! I'd like to say it was fun, but it got dark fast. Then went darker.

...In other words, perfect for Worm! _

I liked(?) your portrayal of the S9. I could definitely see them crashing a larp event like that! And Jack's mind games seemed legit enough. It's really too bad Shayla couldn't end them though. Instead she ended up a living representation of DF. Play, lose, try again or quit forever. It would have been much better for the world (maybe) if she had sealed away Jack Slash in some sort of eternal torment.

While it would have been fun to have had the fic turn into the S9 assaulting her Dwarf Fortress by her rules, they are a smart group of murderhobos who cheat a lot. So it's a good thing she learned how to cheat harder.

The most striking part of the fic was Shayla's descent into madness. With how far down she went, I'm really not surprised it took eight years to open up again. I'm wondering if she ever found out her power didn't actually kill the S9. Or if she heard, could she accept it?

So yeah, Overseer would be a neat addition to the Wormverse. Thanks for the fic!
BlazingRedDragon chapter 15 . 2/20/2017
Great story. Nicely done
tenchifew chapter 15 . 2/20/2017
Very interesting story.
Really did not expect a Dwarf Fortress/Worm crossover, but it worked very well.

Thank you for writing.