Reviews for An Ocean Awaits
JayRain chapter 37 . 8/20/2017
This was so, so sweet. I like how you've adjusted the way things happen in canon to suit your story. I think it just keeps things moving along so very well for these two.

I feel for Dorian, and was just as surprised as he was when it was his mother using the crystal. It was good of Finn to take over and get things figured out for him; they're good for each other like that :)

Their ceremony was absolutely lovely, and just the thing they deserved. I'm looking forward to where they go next!
JayRain chapter 36 . 8/16/2017
Absolutely lovely; everything from Finn's waning passion for the inquisition, to his increasing desire to settle down with Dorian, is just wonderful. After all they've done, they do deserve a happy ending, and these moments between them, these happy interludes, are just excellent.
JayRain chapter 35 . 7/31/2017
Oh, that is just so, so sweet and lovely. They deserve to be happy after everything they've gone through. But silly Cole, spoiling it!

I really enjoy the balance of fluff, angst, and action you've worked into this story!
animexchick chapter 35 . 7/12/2017
Oh the fluffy goodness that is the pair of them, pretty sure I melted into a puddle from all their adorableness :-)
JayRain chapter 34 . 7/6/2017
Oh, interesting! While the smut is lovely, there is definitely an underlying ominousness, and Dorian is right to be concerned. It all worked together very well, and I'm quite curious about what's coming! Um... other than Finn and Dorian that is... XD
Guest chapter 33 . 7/6/2017
I do love when Dorian waxes eloquent, and this was no exception. I love how you finally worked in the title and the bit that is in the summary. To see how far they've both come as individuals and as a couple, is truly lovely.
JayRain chapter 31 . 6/6/2017
Fascinating! You've added so many different elements to this, and it's taking the story for a very interesting turn. Whatever Finn experienced in the Fade has certainly changed him and has made things very different. I can understand Dorian's frustrations, but also Finn's hesitation as he works to figure out just how to explain what he discovered and endured through that year. Nice turn of events, all handled well.
JayRain chapter 30 . 6/5/2017
So nice to see them back together, enjoying one another's company in more ways than one ;) There's so much to talk about, but they have time and deserve to take some for themselves. They certainly have to make up for lost time! Loved the artwork as well! I did follow you, though I don't 'get' Tumblr or use it very often :)
JayRain chapter 29 . 5/28/2017
Such a lovely reunion! I will be interested to find out what ordeal Finn endured in the Fade for a year and a day, and how he was able to get back at last. Though right now, having them together again is so wonderful. Really nicely done :)
JayRain chapter 28 . 5/23/2017
Beautiful. The pain and the passage of time come across so well in this. Dorian's aching heart makes mine want to break. And the image of the crystal waking up at the end? Absolutely lovely. I can't wait to see how it pans out!
JayRain chapter 27 . 5/22/2017
FEELINGS CENTRAL.

Wow. This went a direction I didn't expect, and you did it so beautifully. I'm definitely on the verge of tears right now. Poor Dorian, and I do hope Finn's letter and the crystal aren't just false hope. They deserve their happy ending.
JayRain chapter 26 . 5/22/2017
The fight scenes came across well- good description of the action and the pacing. Finn and Dorian are so tragic, with Finn bearing the burden of the Anchor the way he is, and Dorian trying to be so supportive, but struggling. The relationship dynamic works well.

Great chapter, and they'd better get a happy ending...
JayRain chapter 25 . 5/15/2017
The dragon fight is very intense, and you show what's going on really well; everything is so vivid. Bull getting licked by the mark is a great touch, and it really ups the stakes for how dangerous Finn can be to everyone, no matter how much he tries not to be. There's some really wonderful tension between him and the others, and especially Dorian. It was kind of Cassandra to reach out to Dorian, and Sera and Cole together was sweet. I hate that Finn keeps pushing Dorian away, but I'm not sure Finn really enjoys that he's doing it much, either, so there's that.

Great emotional tension here. Keep up the great work!
JayRain chapter 24 . 4/30/2017
As wonderful as the bedroom scene is, I really really love them reminiscing at the end of the chapter about how they met. Looking back to the beginning, of how far they've come, is really sweet and shows just how they and their relationship has developed.
JayRain chapter 23 . 4/30/2017
I really like the Cole/Sera interaction here. It makes a lot of sense now that I read this; they're both out to help people. They both say what they're thinking and see things differently. You did a really nice job with it! Solas's insistence that Cole doesn't need to work through feelings because, as a spirit he IS a feeling, is interesting, but such an academic analysis of Cole, and he seems so focused on keeping Cole a spirit that he doesn't think to ask what COLE wants, since he's more than a spirit, but not quite a human. Dorian asking Cole what he wants is great. Dorian gets it :)