Reviews for Winter's Gifts
SeaSparkle chapter 1 . 4/6/2013
What a beautiful story!
Are Bobby and Daniel going to voice their doubts about Matt's abilities again? And what's Matt's answer going to be? He promised them an explanation, after all...
ComicalEpiphany chapter 1 . 11/2/2012
Please write something else with Matt-Daniel and Bobby are okay, but you've nailed Matt so well. I've read this story at least three times over the last few years, and it never gets old. Please? I'm begging.
Karina chapter 1 . 5/25/2011
That's a very nice story. I like the combination of Daniel, Murdock and Bobby. It's nice to see they'll all grow up to be 'great men' and how they pretty much help each other in their own way. I think you summed it up quite nicely with what Daniel said: "We all had terrible things happen to us, and we're not setting fires or trying to kill people. You choose how you live, and the choices you make determine the person you are. Not the way the world treats you, but how you choose to respond to the way the world treats you."

He certainly is wise and it's very true what he said. Great story! :)
Harikari chapter 1 . 4/20/2011
I can't remember if I've reviewed this before. Just wanted to say that this is one of my favorite fics (and I've been reading fanfiction for quite a long time). I don't even know Criminal Intent very well, and yet I still really enjoy this fic. I saw this recced once (I think I might have been looking for SGA recs on a website somewhere) and tried it out and over the years have come back to it again and again. It's fun to read, but there are also some 'deeper' parts to it and so much happens and it's just a really nice read. Well done, and thank you for sharing this.
ComicalEpiphanies chapter 1 . 1/28/2010
Nice! I've never seen Stargate or Law & Order, but I did like this. You did a great job, both with the characters and setting the scene.
Tracey Claybon chapter 1 . 9/11/2008
I *really* liked this story - you melded the three worlds and made them work seamlessly - if I didn't know they were separated, I'd think all 3 boys were in the same world together at all times!

I especially think you captured the essence of all three men in personality as they would have been as kids - perfectly.

Top notch story!
moms5thchild chapter 1 . 3/14/2007
I see you haven't been here in a long while, I do hope you still have this e-mail account so you can get this message. I really like this story and the way you have managed to merge these three story lines into on cohesive entity. The dialogue was natural and easy on the ear and the situation straight out of a comic book. I loved it all.

Mom
infraredphaeton chapter 1 . 10/23/2005
have you thought about doing a sequel for this. Have Daniel go back to ~i've forgotten where daredevil is set~ Looking for a book or something, have Matt looking for something in the library at the same time, or have him come in while Daniel snoops around. Heres something you could throw in as an extra link, have Daniel look at the Braille section and find an unabridged version of Stranger in A Strange Land, and comment on it to Jack.

Just an idea.

:]

Great story
infraredphaeton chapter 1 . 9/23/2005
this was really good!

Very plausible, I can see it happening, would you think about doing a sequel. This was really amazing.

Sad though. [

Oh well, I think you should DEFINATELY write a sequel, maybe have them meet when they're grown up? Or continue with them as kids? But please write more with these three.
Lady-of-the-Dragon-Flame chapter 1 . 7/31/2005
I loved this it's so creative and very well written. I love crossovers especially crossovers that fit together, but I think that's the work of the author, so once again let me commend you on your writing skills and style both are very good. I have to remember to watch more of Trial by Jury but it comes on the same time that this show called Numb3rs (yes it's spelled that way)comes on so it makes it hard when I love Numb3rs but I love Law and Order too. I love Daniel I think he's so cute (adorable and hot) I guess I just love Stargate all together. I love Daredevil too, I like it when they redo some of the old comics into movies, granted some of them aren't fantastic but I've always had a love for the superheroes and supervillian(my fav being Batman. I'm still working on how I can get batman sheets to fit my bed LOL). Anyway I love your story it's great so please update soon I have to know what happens next.

Sincerely,

LOTDf
HecatonchiresLM chapter 1 . 3/22/2005
Matt & Bobby worked. Daniel, not so much, could have been any kid except for the spiel in the last paragraph. I liked this. Very gritty, and Matt was really well written.
Bee chapter 1 . 1/20/2005
Pretty terific story. I'm not a fan of either Daredevil or Criminal Intent , but still found your story very compelling. I particularly liked the way you were able to deal with the characters. Showing the glimpses in each child that fore-shadows the men that they will become.

Thanks for the great read.
CrystalC chapter 1 . 9/3/2004
Absolutely Love the story, but leaves wanting for a sequal. plzplzplzplzplz make a sequal? )
shadow-cat720 chapter 1 . 8/25/2004
This story is awesome! It would be cool if you wrote a sequel.
Ragnhild chapter 1 . 12/2/2003
One of my all time favourites!