Reviews for Finding Peace & Glory
HairyLimey chapter 31 . 10/19
Is Far Harbor going to be part of the story?
Paladin Bailey chapter 29 . 9/17
Well you made the Institute seem very misguided and outright evil, I mean then again in the vanilla game X6-88 dose say that he along with other Institute members wish to wipe out all the "Surface dwellers" so they can make it into their own world.
Let's see if the Brotherhood wises up and accepts Nora's terms for peace.
And it's very ironic how Danse is in command knowing that he's a Synth.
Shows that the Brotherhood would still follow him even when they know he's not a true human.
Keep it up.
HairyLimey chapter 28 . 9/6
More please :-)
HairyLimey chapter 12 . 9/5
Got to ask but is Curie going to be in this?
CynicSun92 chapter 27 . 8/9
Good to see another update! While it is a short chapter, at least it does away with the tension from the cliffhanger in the previous chapter. Man, that was nail-biting stuff right there even though I did have a hunch that Glory was faking the reprogramming to try and get close to Nora, so I clung to that hope.

So Shaun still expected Nora to lead the Institute even though he practically offered his mother up as target practice for a 'reprogrammed' Glory in the previous chapter. Shaun, that's not how this works...that's not how any of this works, ya damn geezer.

Keep up the good work and congratulations on your graduation as well!
the bob chapter 26 . 7/31
Noooo cliffhanger
kirbster676 chapter 24 . 7/3
Not sure about this idea. So much can go wrong as it all depends that after the procedure that they'll find some way of destroying everything. So much can go wrong there.

Then of course while Glory is someone Nora trusts, whats to say that the procedure won't do something to Glory. Yes, too much could go wrong.
kirbster676 chapter 23 . 6/28
Wow, just caught up on this amazing story. Well written, great plot and well thought out characters. I like how you went with a female/syth relationship angle over that of a F/F. Neither character question that they were both female. The initial question was syth.

I liked your Nora, strong, charismatic yet with flaws and not invincible. Glory, I liked the character in the game and was sorry she died. Here, you find she's her own person, but grows more throughout her relationship with Nora.

This is a great story and I'm looking forward to more
CynicSun92 chapter 16 . 6/17
It's been a while since I've left a review here. Time really flies like crazy lately.

Good to see Nora quickly recovering since I can imagine poisoned bullets are quite a bit of nasty business. And while she's doing slightly better on the physical side, her emotions were dealt quite a blow with the news about Shaun no longer being an infant (though we all know by now that he's no longer a child either as she'll probably find out later on. That's going to be a bitter pill to swallow).

Gotta feel for Glory, especially being pushed into a tough position thanks to the events that unfolded in the previous chapter. Trying to maintain loyalty to a leadership that suddenly shifted views in regards to Nora and her Minutemen, essentially strong-arming Glory into carrying out an unreasonable order while also gaining feelings of intense loyalty to her would-be target.

Making enemies out of the Institute and the Brotherhood already puts the Railroad in a precarious position but wanting to piss off the Minutemen as well at the same time? Dez's paranoia is going a little overboard by now and I hope that someone whacks some sense into her in the near future so she could reflect and reconsider her options (I'm okay with someone literally whacking her over the head, preferably by Nora, Glory herself, or even a recovered G5-19 if she ends up waking up later on. lol)

I guess I have plenty of catching up to do. In the meantime, good luck with the continuation of your story and keep up the good work!
Archangel Writings chapter 21 . 5/23
How does his only have 10 reviews? Your writing of Nora makes her feel like a real person, and have also done a tremendous job of showing the plight of the synths as well.

Good job, can't wait for the following updates...
Paladin Bailey chapter 21 . 5/16
Personally I believe you truly made the Institute into the best antagonists next to the Enclave, well done.
I never liked the Institute really, to uppity and never seeing the monster's they've become.
For once the Brotherhood of Steel is right (This Fanfic and the in-game Institute) have lost touch to humanity and are actually willing to eliminate all of the "Surface Dwellers" which is what X6-88 says.
They are full of themselves, humanity's best hope my ass.
I'll gladly choose the Brotherhood of Steel and Minutemen any day.
Not that I'm against Synth's its just if the Railroad was more thought out and has and option to be dramatic with the Brotherhood and Minutemen then I would've went with them.
They had potential but I guess Bethesda kinda rushed it" *Sigh* typical.
LotusBlossomGenie chapter 20 . 5/14
Dammit nooooooooooo! WHY A CLIFFY?! I NEED MORE!
Paladin Bailey chapter 20 . 5/13
Well now you've made the Institute the antagonists that they should've been from the beginning.
Well done!
Also uh why is the Pyrdwen already destroyed?
Let me guess a Course?
Also the Brotherhood of Steel aren't "Evil" I believe they are the most realistic faction in Fallout 4. Railroad for example dosen't make any damn sense: Blow up Institute just get a dozen Synths (More Synths and civilians died then what they've gained from their assault, fucking pointless I tell you!) Or how they destroy the Pyrdwen, a known enemy at this point just wearing normal Brotherhood gear WITHOUT face disguise (Seriously anyone could and should recognize you when you first enter the flight deck) I just think the Railroad is a fucking joke, if they focusedmore on humanity maybe they wouldn't have been nearly wiped out by the Institute. (At least a few dozen members) which is no way enough to do a direct assualt against a heavily defended known threats HQ, especially how unprepared they are. They didn't even have a plan in case the Institute uses fear tactics or chemical weapons. At least the Brotherhood of Steel and Minutemen both have a very good plan to deal with the Institute threat. How I see Fallout 4 ending being canon: Both Brotherhood of Steel and Minutemen assault the Institute at the same time and both secure the Commonwealth (Basically Brotherhood being a very slow growing East Coast NCR and Minutemen being East Coast Desert Rangers) Brotherhood annexs the area all the way to Far Harbor while Minutemen focus on patrolling the Commonwealth and any Railroad remnants join the Brotherhood and Minutemen as their Intelligence Agency/Internal Affairs. That way one way or another both factions realisticlylove side by side with albeit slightly different goals (For Railroads case after they nearly get completely destroyed by the Brotherhood, surviving members decide to turn themselves in and both groups do a trail similar to the Nazi trails but against the Institute those who committed countless crimes against humanity after which both remaining factions create a coalition: Commonwealth Accords)
It would make sense and both groups become the beginning stages of the CPG basically forming a republic similar to the NCR but far less courropt.
That's basically how I truly would see the ending of Fallout 4 being like. Sense the fate of the Commonwealth is also a deciding factor on how and who runs the eastern seaboard. I believe it would make everyone happy because the Brotherhood wouldn't be all Synth hating and Railroad wouldn't be extremists.
Both of the big 3 would be a United Commonwealth government which would possibly imply to Capital Wasteland which is already the Brotherhood's country, since all states were called Commonwealth's before the war.
Paladin Bailey chapter 15 . 4/29
I'll be completely honest: I never liked the Railroad, not because they save Synths (I may be pro Brotherhood but I still make SOME exceptions) but because they deem everyone expendable and don't give 2 shits about humanity (Ironic since they are a human organisation, to shortsighted and only have ONE goal, they don't have the numbers or willingness to protect the Commonwealth.
I find it very unrealistic and stupid especially on Bethesda's part on how the Railroad deal with the Brotherhood.
The Brotherhood of Steel combined with the Minutemen (Or Desert Rangers 2.0) are the only true hope for not just the Commonwealth but for the entire eastern seaboard of the former United States.
I may agree that saving Synths is a bit noble but giving them the thoughts of rebelling shows how blind and idiotic the Railroad is because they should know when they started their operation they should've had a backup plan in case the Synths decide to one day to start slowly eliminating humanity.
It may not happen overnight but just one Synth who thinks is humans aren't worth living then that Synth will get the means and manpower to attempt to wipe us out.
It may be unlikely but it's still a chance it might happen nonetheless.
Keep up the good work.
CynicSun92 chapter 11 . 4/29
Interesting chapter. An APC and a bit of road rage works wonders after all! I like how you added functional vehicles into your story. Despite being rusty from age and disuse, you would think there would be more working vehicles after 200 years since the Great War but it's almost like all knowledge of automobiles died when the bombs dropped. (The NCR is perhaps the only exception since apparently they do have functional military trucks to carry troops and supplies faster but everywhere else there should be at least a few functional cars and motorcycles milling about.)

And Father's back, ever observant like the creepy, ominous grandpa scientist that he is.