Reviews for Tumbling Down
Lethe Erisdottir chapter 3 . 11/24/2010
Wow.

Hmmm, written so long ago, must be fun to still get feedback.

Anyway, I'll give you one of the best compliments I can think to give a writer: Didn't want it to end.

Technical points - you write dialogue really well, and you develop your characters through action and conversation rather than exposition, which is something I have yet to learn. I'm not really a writer of fiction, want to give it a try, so I've been prowling around here, studying. Glad to have found you.

Aaaannnddd, to wind up, back to "Wow."
robertmarilyn chapter 3 . 12/8/2007
What a great story...I felt like I was right there with people I had known over a long time because you pegged their characters so accurately. It all seemed so honest and spot on...it would be wonderful to read more of this, to see how this experience really did or did not change the way these three Turks felt about killing in the future. I really enjoy reading your work.

mar
Sabith chapter 3 . 7/28/2006
great story, i really liked how you characterized them all under thst much pressure.

~Sabith
bgtea chapter 3 . 7/16/2006
Wow. This is very very good. I always wondered what the turks were doing during the whole Meteor thing and I believe you captured that atmosphere really well. This fic is fantastic.
She's Happy2bHardcore chapter 2 . 3/10/2006
"Three. Reeve's in denial. Lucky bastard."

Ahahahaha. Very clever. On to chapter three!
She's Happy2bHardcore chapter 1 . 3/10/2006
This is already a great fiction, right from the get-go. I always have wondered what was on the Turks mind at this time, so I'm glad somebody stepped up and wrote about it. Great job!
cirruscastle chapter 1 . 2/26/2006
This is a very interesting story about waiting for Meteor to crash. I never really considered just how difficult it would be to know all about the advancing disaster and not be able to do anything about it. It must have been doubly difficult for the Turks who are not at all used to feeling helpless.

Elena's anger at Reeve is interesting and justified. I find it believable, the course of action Reeve chooses to take.

I like the way the Midgar media is a heck of a lot like the news broadcasts we have here. Elena's reaction to the media is much like my own.

I like Rude's thought about the Mako powered car and his feelings of guilt and his realization that maybe everything he thought was wrong. It must be a hard thing to come to terms with.

You write the interaction between the characters very well. They seem to have an odd sort of fondness for each other, but none of them are really close it seems. They all actually separate off into their own worlds as they prepare for the end of everything they know. I think that is an interesting way of showing the trauma of this event. Even though Reno and Elena sit down to watch TV together I don't get the impression that they really provide any comfort to one another.

Some nitpicking:

"Avalanche'd leave him alone, he blew his cover with them." Comma splice here.

"It's not certain death, it's just giving some a head start," Reno began, but her face had twisted with emotion and he broke off." The comma after "death" should be a period or a semi-colon.

"I can't do that, I can't just leave people here to die in all this!" This is a comma splice as well.

There are also quite a few sentence fragments, but I am beginning to get the impression you might know that they're there and are using them for effect, therefore I think I'll stop now. :)
noname chapter 3 . 9/23/2005
Ah shit. I can't think of anything original to write... Hm... And if I write "nice fic" or something like that it'll sound corny... And it's not original either... I guess you just have to get my point 'bout what I thought of this fic by it's score, yeah.

Fic rating: 8/10.
black-roselee chapter 3 . 9/6/2005
oh I really like this! going on my faves x
rEckLeSsLy.cOnFIneD chapter 3 . 9/5/2005
This was incredibale. You totally captured the characters personalities perfectly. They seemd so alive, ya know? This was very well done, very very well done!
Nando the RPS King chapter 3 . 7/5/2005
Very gripping. You did a good job making them seem real human. Having the characters in a position where they can't do anything about meteor and just have to watch it's an interesting idea. I don't think I've seen anyone do that before. So, any chance of a chapter on the aftermath?
seventhe chapter 3 . 3/2/2005
oh my lord, this was absolutely amazing. true to character and so poignantly out-of-touch. loved it, loved it.
Sabriel41 chapter 3 . 9/15/2004
Lirillith~

Now these... *these*... are the Turks as they should be. As another reviewer pointed out, they've got depth and character, and don't fall into any of the terrible cliches. They had weaknesses, but they weren't weak... You write them with more physical interaction than most, but under the circumstances of the fic, it worked.

That said, their interaction overall was some of the best that I've read in the fandom, and I liked how you wove in Reeve's bit; not quite a part of the Trio, but definitely there, trusted. A little alien (which reminds me, Yuffie's comment about his split personality was bang-on - for both her characterization and his) but no less powerful.

Thanks for sharing this with us; I hope you continue to write in the fandom. Cheers!

~Sabriel.
asdfadsfadsfasdf chapter 3 . 2/20/2004
wow...well done...very emotional, especially the whole Lifestream part...I really enjoyed it.
AerithReborn chapter 3 . 2/18/2004
Wow. That was really good. The characters flowed believably from the game to this. It reminded me that I have a similar fic to finish (oddly enough, I had Cait, Yuffie, and Barret in the same party, too ). The ending seemed kinda rushed, like one minute they're writhing on the ground with the knowledge of the Ancients (I guess) and the next they're all ok. It felt like it needed another paragraph in there somewhere. Other than that, I really liked it.