Reviews for Guilt by Association
Terry chapter 19 . 2/26/2018
Amanda, I loved your story from beginning to had me on the edge of my seat and it was a page turner for sure. Changing points of views between Bart and Bret was so well done and the dialogue of each brother was true to their characters. This was a well written Historical Fiction story and I can tell you did a bit of research as the details of the post civil War were well presented and informative. It was nice to have Dandy Jim in the mix once again...always a favorite guest star on Maverick. I know your favorite Maverick is Bart, but I can tell you have quite a fondness for Bret as well. I highly recommend your story to all Maverick fans and those who haven't seen the show as well!
MaverickLover2 chapter 19 . 11/27/2017
Great story and fantastic writing. Couldn't ask for anything more.
MaverickLover2 chapter 18 . 11/14/2017
Well, at least Bart finally got some answers, and he knows what happened to his brother. Now if he could just get Dandy and Bret to quit sniping at each other, at least things would be a little more pleasant. And just how hard is Bart going to have to fight his brother in order to see Charity? And just what doe he have to say to her? As always, the writing is outstanding.
suz g m chapter 16 . 10/25/2017
Totally enjoying this. I can almost visualize it within your words. Keep up the good work!
MaverickLover2 chapter 17 . 10/25/2017
Thank God, they've gotten to the doctor a least. Boucher did his best to damage the Mavericks as much as possible; it was lucky he didn't succeed any more than he did. Now, let's see what's going to happen with, as Bret calls her, 'the girl.'
MaverickLover2 chapter 16 . 10/14/2017
My God, that must have been incredibly painful. And yet Bret's first thoughts are to get to Bart and see if his brother's alright. Very glad to know that Bryce is dead - couldn't happen to a better man. Now if they can just get everybody else out of here in one piece - with the exception of Boucher, of course. It would be such a SHAME if something happened to him!
MaverickLover2 chapter 15 . 9/20/2017
I can't blame Bret for any thoughts he has in this situation. Flogging? 40 lashes? How can a man survive something like that? And yet more of his thoughts are for his brother's pain than his 's even willing to endure any amount of Dandy Jim Buckley if it means that Bart might survive. Of course we know that Boucher is not about to let any of the three of them live. The only question seems to be, who dies first?
MaverickLover2 chapter 14 . 9/19/2017
Poor Bart, to have to undergo so much pain just because he's Bret Maverick's brother. And poor Bret, for having to watch the abuse inflicted on his brother, for no reason. Boucher is indeed a madman, and I can only hope that he gets what's coming to him. Brilliant writing!
MaverickLover2 chapter 13 . 9/7/2017
This is going from bad to worse. Poor Bart, he's the innocent victim in all this, and he's in pain. Bad pain. I only hope when all this is over that Boucher gets what is coming to him. I wish that Bart would be able to inflict it, but of course that won't be possible with the condition he's in. I don't think this is going to end well.
MaverickLover2 chapter 12 . 8/10/2017
And the mystery deepens. I think that Boucher has got some serious screws loose, too. But is he crazy or has he simply managed to forget everything he doesn't want to remember?
MaverickLover2 chapter 11 . 7/7/2017
Thus just continues to go downhill. If Bret doesn't know who Major Boucher is, what does that mean for our three captives? And just what does the Major have in store for Bret? I fear, as Bart does, that death may be the end game but torture of one kind or another is certainly in the cards. How are they going to get out of this one? And are both of the Mavericks going to be alive when they do?
MaverickLover2 chapter 10 . 5/31/2017
This just gets curioser and curioser. What does Boucher think that Bret did, anyway? Sounds like he was way too sick to be involved in anything. What's next?
MaverickLover2 chapter 9 . 5/25/2017
Poor Bart, shot and made to suffer to satisfy the workings of an obviously demented mind. I'm with Bart - it can't possibly be as simple as Boucher makes it out to be, and I can't wait to see what Bret has to say about the incident.
MaverickLover2 chapter 8 . 5/15/2017
Geez, Jim, you think you could have told Bret sooner that Bart had been shot? I don't know why Bart considers Buckley a friend; I have to agree with Bret. The man is a total and complete pain in the a**. And this is one of those times that I'd like to smack him stupid. Hurry, Bret, little brother needs you.
MaverickLover2 chapter 7 . 5/1/2017
Bait. Not a good thing to be, especially that the bait was now bleeding. What in the world is going on here? Just who is this Major Boucher and what does he want with Bret (Besides to kill him, it sounds like). And Jim, you better do a darned good job of convincing Bret that Bart is in serious need of his big brother. This is no laughing matter.