Reviews for A Place Apart
moviefreak68 chapter 1 . 8/9/2008
Okay I read the first few sentances and I'm offended.

Alabama is a state!

We bathe most of us everyday!

Yes we are friendly but I rarely see model T's everywhere!
princetongirl chapter 1 . 11/17/2006
requilibrium12 chapter 1 . 10/13/2006
OK other ppl have comented on some mistakes a little unfair

basically u get the gist of the movie but u r kinda racist toward alabama ppl not racist exactly, but. what u describe is deep south ppl who are characterized not regular ppl. not all alabama ppl are "hicks"

and please smooter not 'broozer'? - what the hell!

jake didnt work at the store - he owned it

and its more of a summary of some of the points at the movie's end

i saw like one original idea - the movie is compyrighted u know

well thats all
The Catastrophe Waitress chapter 1 . 10/27/2005
honestly - I didn't really like the story mainly becuase it was filled with mistakes.

Other reveiwers have pointed this out so i'm not going to join in, but for future reference - PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE paragraph! Even if you paragraph too much )like I do)it makes it so much easier to read and therefore, people will like it more.
IndentityCrisis chapter 1 . 6/24/2005
i like it. the "bom!" is so cute. was this a one-shot, or will there be more? aw well, its kool.

Firewriter23 chapter 1 . 11/3/2004
Okay, yeah i've watched that movie many times and i dont think you've even watched it once. Broozer? What kind of name is that? It kind of looks like booze which you were probably drinking when you wrote this. It's Smooter not Broozer. What are the 50 states? Alabama is a state NOT a city. I must agree with the other reviewers too, just because people live in Alabama dosent mean that they walk around without showers. I know someone from there and he is NOTHING like what you were writing about. Also people there dont just drive around in Ford trucks they have cars too you know. I don't know if you were just doing this story to be dumb or what but it's horrible. I never say stuff like this to people i dont know but i'm sorry you just need to learn to write at story. Do you take English class? If not i strongly suggest it.
Jessie13 chapter 1 . 9/11/2004
good story. keep up the good work. i know not much of a review, but i don't really feel like typing.
Melchy chapter 1 . 7/29/2003
I'm usually not this blunt, but this story stinks.

1: Alabama is a state, not a city.

2: They take baths in Alabama everyday, just like they do everywhere else.

3: Only rich collectors have Model T Fords.

4: Her name was Smooter

5: His mother was the mayor of NYC, not the senator.

6:Learn to type and use paragraphs

7: Watch the movie!
xxbreathe0ut88xx chapter 1 . 7/4/2003
Aww this was good!
Young Republican chapter 1 . 6/29/2003
Ok, I'm gonna be brutally honest cause I don't think a lot of the people that reviewed this story told you what they were really thinking...

1) Way to many mistakes to list. Plus a lot of people have already listed the majors. can you get Broozer out of Smooter? They don't even sound that much alike.

2) I thought the way this story was written wasn't really that good. I can't put my finger on it exactly, but (to be like Simon Cowell from American Idol) what I loved best about the story was the end. When you stopped writting.

3) Model T Fords? Um...yea, I don't think so. Maybe when Ford was first invented...but Alabama's a state just like the rest of the US. Why do people always think of them as hicks who drive old Fords...scuse me, that's not old. That's ancient...

Anyway, those are just some of the things that I thought where...not that great. The general story idea wasn't bad...but like I said I didn't like how you wrote it. I think it could use some improvment which I look forward to seeing when I read more of your stuff. :)
TygerKitten chapter 1 . 6/25/2003
I live in Alabama and I have lives here all my life and Alabama is not a typical American city at all because it's a state Just trying to verify that. Not meaning to b rude.
Author By Night chapter 1 . 5/31/2003
Intriguing-you must post more!
Seer99999 chapter 1 . 5/25/2003
I liked this fic.

Sound great.
cherryblossomjen chapter 1 . 4/29/2003
Imzadi, I disagree completely. I think LOTRLoverSHA07 is right in the fact that Melanie made the right decision.

I think a small theme of the movie was choosing between a great guy and *the right* guy.

And curlyq - I like your story. :) But I think that Jake would probably wanted a girl - but that's just my opinion.
XxPixieChic143xX chapter 1 . 3/17/2003
hey i think u've got a good concept for a story the only thing is that u've got ur info wrong... melanie's maiden name was smooter and her married name was perry, also she moved to new york 7 years ago after she miscarried her baby. other then that i have nothing else to say so bye