Reviews for Head and Heart
Lady Murdock chapter 1 . 3/25/2017
so beautiful- thanks for this!
NickyM96 chapter 1 . 3/17/2017
Very good! Not everything tied up in a neat little bow, but close enough. I like the "the happy ending could be there if we work for it" aspect of this story.
fiesa chapter 1 . 3/5/2017
Well, darn.

Now I'm caught and I don't think there's a way out anymore, not after reading this.

Sorry, please let me explain. I heard of this series four days ago, started watching on Friday and finished by Sunday (I'm so glad there are only 10 episodes, and that the last one was conveniently released last Friday) and I've been trying to put it out of my head since then because I'm pretty sure it will be an eternity until it continues. Then I opened ff. net and checked whether there was an existing fandom, but under all stories only yours sounded good to me. And even though it's set after episode 01x09 already it still suits the ending perfectly, and in it, you explained so many thing I've been wondering about that I don't think I can escape this fandom anymore :)

Thanks for sharing this here. Your writing style, your characterization and your plot all together are very, very good. You've taken these people I was wondering about (because yes, they all seem so horrible and unkind at points that sometimes I don't even know whether I like the main character, and that's rare for me) and have given their choices and actions a foundation. Of course, especially the triangle between Roan, Glinda and Dorothy is focused on, I liked Lucas and Dorothy and was quite at a loss as to how they would continue to go on (with or without each other). Roan is not a man to simply cast Glinda aside, since she has his complete loyalty, on the other hand, it is clear that he feels something for Dorothy, as well. I was wondering, when he tried to kill her: was he really under a spell? Because he kept begging her to stop him, but he wouldn't stop trying to kill her at the same time. But Dorothy putting him up as a scarecrow - that was harsh. Wouldn't it have been enough just to leave him there? Well, you had her send people for him, and that's more than she did in the series, did she.

Scarecrow's encounter with Glinda was well-done, too, and you voiced what I always disliked in Glinda. She's manipulative, and, more than that: she uses people. She does not care at all for whether they live and die. She might cling to Roan - maybe out of hurt pride - but. Maybe she really loves him, but if she did, she wouldn't leave him to die like that. Maybe there will be a difference in the series, but I like our interpretation.

I can't make up my mind about Mistress West. Maybe I'll come to like her eventually. I do wonder, though, what this debt is she feels she owes Dorothy. Did I miss something in the series?

The Kansas-part is written beautifully, too. You characterize Dorothy very well, the caution and wariness is very much like her. I like how she tries to look at their situation from each perspective, even Lucas', and I agree: they will probably need some time to work this out. Dorothy lied, Lucas tried to kill her. They definitely have to work through some baggage first. But it sounds like they will be okay. The me that loves happy endings is happy.

So, now's my turn, I guess: Hello new fandom! *laugh*

Thanks for sharing this story here, reading it was a joy. Well-done and beautifully told.
The.Lion.Roars chapter 1 . 3/3/2017
Bravo! I believe if NBC is crazy enough to cancel on us, you could turn this beauty into a moneymaker. ;) I do hope you continue.
Dejede chapter 1 . 3/2/2017
Very sweet!
maxiefae chapter 1 . 3/2/2017
Sooo very beautiful thank you
RadiantRenee chapter 1 . 3/2/2017
Lovely story! I wish we could watch this as part of tomorrow's episode!
Tabletworocks chapter 1 . 3/1/2017
This story is really lovely! I very fitting ending. I loved this line so much... "The man you made me is the man I want to be" Thank you for sharing my friend!
emeraldarrows chapter 1 . 3/1/2017