Reviews for Chrysalis Book 2: Rebirth
Wraithwitch chapter 9 . 9/4/2009
Your Chrysalis tales are really rather glorious.

Both perfectly believable, original and fitting with strong dialogue and realistic characters.

I think it was both brave and surprisingly successful killing off Ripley like you did and switching the focus to Hicks in your first Book... and the story just got better as it went along. This is easily as good if not better than the stories in the old DC Aliens comics and novels.

I enjoyed reading it immensely and think it's a great shame you didn't complete it.

Oh, and my most favourite line I've read in forever? - "He blinks. Looks again. Blue. ‘Damned drugs…’ ... Can he see people’s auras now? What does ‘blue’ mean? Bitch?"

Brilliant )
Nargus chapter 9 . 6/15/2008
Aww...please continue this story :( I want to know which side would he take and whether they all can get off the facility :(
Katzilla chapter 8 . 1/8/2005
Hi Cherry,

don't mourn too much. I *am* determined to see this story through to the end, but I can't force it. Right now I'm in the middle of wrapping up this huge undertaking (LotR-story) I've been writing for the past year, and when I'm done, I want to return to "Chrysalis". All the important plot points are still out there, and I *do* want to write them down. I can't give you a date for that, but hope to return to the story this year.
Cherry chapter 9 . 1/7/2005
I don't think we are going to get more. It's been a year since the last update and I think she was struggling then. Very sad I am, I've been looking and hoping but nothing new. I mourn the death of what was an excellent story.

Cherry (crying hysterically).
Lord Azrael chapter 9 . 7/25/2004
Absalutly fantastic...MUST have more!
some guy chapter 9 . 6/21/2004
*twiddles thumbs and whistles Yankee Doodle*
Johnny Tai chapter 9 . 4/20/2004
Ah, god damn! I didn't know that this one's not yet completed! Now I'm left hanging! That's the problem of reading a good story, guess there's no sleep tonight!
Nate Aledor chapter 9 . 3/24/2004
You must continue!
Nate Aledor chapter 4 . 3/21/2004
I was a bit skeptical at first with with the whole "aliens are like the borg" thing, but it really does make sense. I like how you brought a sense of elegance to them and personality, and not just the kill be killed philosophy.
Kool!
Nate Aledor chapter 2 . 3/21/2004
I really like it so far! I look forward to continuing along with this !
Gusman chapter 9 . 2/12/2004
I would just like to let you know that I think that you have done a wonderful job creating this story. You have a plot that is thought out so well it puts many other stories on to shame. In fact, I love your story so much I finaly registered so I could let you know. Please keep up the wonderful work!
The only advice that I can give is to maybe create more of a break when you change from one character to the next. For example when you were switching from Isis to Hicks in the elevator shaft, you could maybe put a extra line of space in so the reader can make an easier transition from one person to the next.
Katzilla chapter 9 . 1/22/2004
Okay, I think I should put an end to these speculations before your heads implode, LOL.
You are both right in your own ways:
some guy: While it's true that I'm suffering another fit of writer's block (or call that "enrapturement with another fandom"), this part was written 'before' it hit and was actually meant to be moving fast. After all, it's an action scene.I like to move fast in those.
And Cherry: Yes, Book 2 is indeed nearing its end, which is why I wanted to pick up the pace and write a frentic scene after all these chapters of waiting and development. BUT, as you both know, there will definitely be a Book 3, which will probably be a lot shorter than the first two, but which will feature - I hope - all the plot points you can only guess at now, and I guess I can promise you absolute mayhem in this. There is a time where the story has to move slow, and there is a time where it needs to move fast. The slow part is almost over...
Thank you both for your thoughts!
Cherry chapter 8 . 1/21/2004
That's a thought. If this is coming to an end and there's a book three then this must end complete and satisfying and book three should be a continuation from a new point with a new storyline that ties up all the things we only suspect to date. Maybe book two shouldn't finish here abouts, not if book three is an integral part. 2 and 3 should merge unless 3 has something radically new to say. Do you think book two will end with his escape being succesful? After all, this is what I feel this part has been leading to. We shall see.
some guy chapter 8 . 1/21/2004
Except (unless she changed her mind) there's a whole other third of the story to go. It's not really near the end. Oh well. Author's decision to change the pace of he story whenever they want. Just seems odd since Katzilla really kept pretty much the same pace throughout the story.
Cherry chapter 9 . 1/20/2004
I think you'll find the pace is picking up because the book is drawing to its conclussion, like a lot of books do.