Reviews for Regrets, I Have But a Few
tnet chapter 1 . 8/9
alternate, very possible but still fullfilling life for Lizzy alias Beth. Makes me wonder about her 6 childrens lives. only one can have the farm, so they must have gone into craft or business, as education would have been to expensive. so the social gap widens, and shows how much Mr. Bennet really had wasted in his generation. thank you so much for sharing your stories.
weva chapter 1 . 2/13
Thank you for a lovely story. I don't find it sad at all.
Levenez chapter 1 . 2/12
Quite ironic end or rather quote to a lovey story. This what-if is in line with what we can expect from an intelligent Elisabeth given the circumstances.
Guest chapter 1 . 5/21/2020
Sad story. Not particularly realistic for Lizzy to deny having regrets. What gentleman's daughter dreams of growing up an marrying a well to do farmer or a shop owner? What member of the gentry dreams or growing up and becoming a governess or paid companion?
Jgs chapter 1 . 10/1/2019
Lovely alternate life for Lizzy. Thank you for such a sweet story.
J G S chapter 1 . 11/23/2018
Lovely, sad, poignant view of what Lizzy’s life probably would have turned out like if not for many, random, magical coincidences. Thanks you for the story.
WadeH chapter 1 . 4/6/2018
This is another story that I've ready several times and just loved it every time.
Guest chapter 1 . 3/29/2018
Yes, quite a possible spin on the events. Canon so depends on all those improbable meetings doesn't it? First Kent, then the trip with the Gardiners...

And it highlights once again how irresponsible Darcy was in letting Wickham get away with things. How many more girls' families were suffering because he kept silent?
Guest chapter 1 . 2/5/2018
I like your story very much. Even though is not the typical P&P, it's a realistic and well written version.
I personally don't like the E&D paring and even less J&B one. So I'm pretty content about the parings in your story, taken for granted that Jane marriage was as good as the Elizabeth's one.
Thank you for it!
Trini chapter 1 . 1/4/2018
Realmente esta variación ha estado muy bien.
Me ha gustado mucho.
Gracias por tu trabajo
Trini
05-01-2018
r1965rd chapter 1 . 11/14/2017
How depressing. Lizzy and Jane both having to settle .
Mariagoner chapter 1 . 10/17/2017
God bless Elizabeth's resiliency and your finding a way for her to continue being strong and healthy, even without Mr. Darcy in her life!
Guest chapter 1 . 8/3/2017
And if, after this, their paths were to cross now...?
Larkscope chapter 1 . 6/7/2017
I don't think it's too sad. Obviously our dear couple didn't get together, and while I usually find that to be tragic, it seems to have worked out here (for Elizabeth at least). Good job creating such a rich story in so few words, and a realistic one at that.
kala chapter 1 . 3/15/2017
This is what happens in real life, many infatuations are forgotten with time and distance, with just a faint memory.