Reviews for A Midspring Morning's Dream
aliben chapter 1 . 7/12/2011
This was beautiful. :)
zola chapter 1 . 1/22/2005
gosh that was awful. awfully GOOD! i can't ever imagine brethil getting married-you made it all so believable though, and gave him a nice wife. well, i have to agree, i always did think tavor would get married first.
JastaElf chapter 1 . 7/19/2004
I have *no* idea how I missed this one, but I did... thank heavens I've been cruising all my favourite authors in the attempt to catch up! I might never have noticed!

Katherine, this is just wonderful. I love the concept that, somewhere in time, Tanglinna and Brethil survived... and the very notion that the overly talkative Brethil would marry a mute elleth is just stunning in its lovely simplicity!

Tanglinna is as always masterful in his marvellousness, and Thranduil (it almost goes without saying!) is superb. (grin) I do love them both...

I hope your muse will allow you to catch up on some of your other projects, and I hope as well that all things good and wonderful are happening to you. Let me know how you are doing!
aurora chapter 1 . 8/19/2003

Melika chapter 1 . 6/14/2003
This is so cute - I was so surprised that she was mute, but it made the wedding all the more sweeter! Aw *melts into a puddle* love it. Keep up the good writing!
Hildestohl chapter 1 . 5/4/2003
Give it up Thranduil! Legolas will NEVER get married! I think we all love him as a bachelor elf!

This story was absolutly beautiful! I loved it! The humor was fabulous, the character Tirithien was breathtaking,if that's the right word for it, and all the adults in the story were fantasic! I loved it that much! It was so filled with emotion, I felt I was there! I would love to live in that time period! Of course, ignoring all the down sides. Life back then would be soo less complicating!...wait...orcs...

That was a funny way that Brethil and Tirithien first meant! Way, if its wasn't for Legolas and Tavor's pranks, they never would have met each other. I loved Tanglinna in this one. You portrayed him well, just like treehugger!

I bet Treehugger was soo happy! Get story and keep on using your talent!
PuterPatty chapter 1 . 5/4/2003
Wonderful tribute to Tree's universe. You made her characters come alive again, in more ways than one! The marriage ceremony was just grand. The detail and description of scenery and all that was out-of-this world. And the sentiment was perfect.

Lovely piece, Kate! Thanks for writing it!
Ainaechoiriel chapter 1 . 4/10/2003
Beautifully done! You nearly made me cry. Everything was sweet and yet funny, just like those three! I like Brethil's bride and her sisters. Mayhap one of them will fall for Master Tavor? But the bits of fatherliness from Tanglinna were heart-warming and lovely. And it's nice to see Legolas still so playful after the War of the Ring. Would have been fun though to have some of his new mortal friends witness this other side of Legolas!
Seaweed1 chapter 1 . 4/2/2003
Excellent! Bless you, Katharine! That was so funny, heart-warming and touching! You rock at description. I especially liked the bit about Tanglinna and Brethil. And Brethil's wife- what a wonderful twist! Brethil was so sweet and eager. *hugs him* Oh, he's married. I shouldn't...

And his wife was all floaty,yeah? Heehee. *has a mental image of Tirithiel floating up while Brethil kisses her* heehee.

ROTFL! The Tricksy Trio stole the girls' clothes! As I said, Bless you! I can't believe... *stupefied* “It’s not like Tirithien’s going to need hers tonight, anyway,” I love this... Oh you shameless authoress! Heh heh. It sounds like the sort of thing I would say.

When is the next chapter for 'The Jade King' coming out? I can't wait!
JezRoll chapter 1 . 4/1/2003
Kate- I actually haven't had a chance to finish the chapter yet, but I have to get off now, so I just wanted to tell you that I love it so far!Keep writing!
Elf of Sirannon chapter 1 . 2/23/2003
Behold! Elf of Sirannon is here to wade her way through your life's work. (Seriously. There's a whole bunch of you writers here on that all seem intertwined in some way so I just meander from person to person, raving about their work. And now it's your turn).

This is a gorgeous story. Congratulations on being able to craft an Elven marriage ceremony that wasn't either boring or so soppy I want to spew. Even though it seems like there's a fair bit of "sop" it's good sop. If you know what I mean. I'm sick of Legolas-gets-married stories where Thranduil makes some boring speech and it's all so perfectly boring you want to cry. But this one is actually good. So good I want to pinch certain aspects of it for my own story. May I?
Emerald Queen chapter 1 . 2/23/2003
Brethil is married? **sob** NO!

Oh well, if he's happy, and he cetrainly seemed it. I'll just have Legolas or Tavor. **Grins cheekily**

She's a mute? Shady! She sounds pretty perfectly matched for Brethil actually. I dunno why, but their characters go amazingly well together.

I want to read about the Tricksy Trio stealing their clothes, it sounds like such a good story. HAVE you written it? No? WELL HURRY UP AND WRITE IT! ;p

O_o, talking about hurrying up, when's the next chapter on The Jade King going to be out? It's driving me crazy waiting.

I'm off to read your other fics now,

lots of luv,

bob1234ab chapter 1 . 2/21/2003
This is such a wonderful story. It was so light-hearted, so warm and touching. I had tears of joy in my eyes during the whole thing, for the preparation, the marriage, and the banter afterwards. It was just beautiful! How vividly you caught the joy of such an occasion. Really amazing!

As always, Tanglinna is just PERFECT. I love his stuffiness; it makes him so endearing. His love for Brethil was powerful and subtle at once, and that was really a lovely touch. I especially enjoyed the comment about not wanting to replace Brethil's father. Tanglinna is so strong a character, and under all his cold exteriors there really is a great, warm heart. You write him so well that I can just picture him in Mirkwood in all his glory. He fits flawlessly into Tolkien's world.

And Thranduil. The great Wood Elf King is lucky to have such a talented author writing about him! You do an amazing job with him here, as you always do. You describe his amazing presence with so few words, and that's really commendable. That line of his at the end was really great. :-)

Once again, this was really, really, REALLY beautiful. Thank you for giving this to us!

Hiro-tyre chapter 1 . 2/19/2003

That was beautiful!

I KNOW i have told you this before, but you are the absolute MASTER of tribute fics! Now that I am actually a member, i will have to tribute YOU!. i ever write anything, that is.

I think it was an absolute stroke of genius that Tirithien is a mute. it just makes her and Brethil's love all the more sincere and meaningful. I think you meant it to be a contrast from Brethil's overworked vocal chords? It works out beautifully.

I have been waiting for TreeHugger (or you) to write an A/U where Tanglinna and Brethil do not die, and this totally makes up for the long wait. The description and Character portrayals were wonderful. I dearly loved this fic.
Lutris chapter 1 . 2/18/2003
Woa! this was lovely! and the description of the ceremony perfect! Excellent job! oD